[dkstories] Let's Do It Chapter 19!

*Sweating profusely with his heart going a mile a second*

Dan!!! you did it again!!! Just when we were thinking that everything would turn out fine, you jump up on us like this!!!

Sigh...Just teaches us that when you are reading Dan's stories, nothing is predictable!!

Great chapter there...Enjoyed it tremendously!!

BSK

i don't know what you guys are talking about. i kind of always thought of that as dk's style. calm and then BOOM!!! (and then more boom and then some detailed schematics and then political drama and then a couple more booms (also sex sprinkled about, mostly in the beginning) followed by a summarized ending to tie up the loose ends...seems about right. *shrug*) :P

i do enjoy the shock value, though. :lol:

I loved this chapter . . . but . . .

I have one question. If Shawn knew when in time the scientist and Shevardnadze were coming back, why did he come back 3 months later in time rather than coming back before the others? Why put his friends in danger for all that time? And shit, they could have taken him out, preventing him from coming back at all. The one saving grace is they thought he was dead and don't know he's come back in time.

He was kinda shot in the stomach. Not easy to do complex calculations when you have three bullets in your stomach. He probably set it to whatever time he could and then got himself in there as fast as he could so that he didn't die. At least that's what I got from it all.

As for my reaction to this chapter... NOT AGAIN! And I thought it wouldn't happen this time. Never underestimate the power of destroying plot devices that were created to lull you in to a false sense of security, aka the jammer, to create an even more interesting plot. -.-;

Edited by Endless Skies
I loved this chapter . . . but . . .

I have one question. If Shawn knew when in time the scientist and Shevardnadze were coming back, why did he come back 3 months later in time rather than coming back before the others? Why put his friends in danger for all that time? And shit, they could have taken him out, preventing him from coming back at all. The one saving grace is they thought he was dead and don't know he's come back in time.

I kinda agree with endless there...but i also want to point out that Sean put the machine on auto and if we are to take the literal meaning of that, i believe it sends the traveler as much back in time as it can.(before it runs out of power or something like that).

Just my interpretation.. May be wrong....DAN!! AM I CORRECT??? lol

BSK

*Sweating profusely with his heart going a mile a second*

Dan!!! you did it again!!! Just when we were thinking that everything would turn out fine, you jump up on us like this!!!

Sigh...Just teaches us that when you are reading Dan's stories, nothing is predictable!!

Great chapter there...Enjoyed it tremendously!!

BSK

Same same :o:(:2thumbs::great:

But all these Do overs really confirms my belief that as from Leibniz:

Leibniz' solution casts God as a kind of "optimizer" of the collection of all original possibilities: Since He is good and omnipotent, and since He chose this world out of all possibilities, this world must be good--in fact, this world is the best of all possible worlds.

Well I don't believe in God but I do think that we live in the best of worlds. Dan's boys tries to best this best of worlds and seems to fail in the end whatever they do.

Running away under a bombardment of rotten tomatoes - please understand that I do love Dan's stories and respect those who believe in God.

NOOOOOOOOOO........... :( I was hoping that this story would be free of the high politics. Because after all the deaths, sorrow, heartbreaking & sidasters of the last Do Overs, I was hoping that somethings might just might gone the way it's suppose to be. History taking the same twist and turns.......

Brian-Davey, Brandon-Sean & Trevor-Todd live happily ever after :lol: alas... :( Is Davey & now Brian condemned to repeat the lifetimes again & again?

Brian-Davey, Brandon-Sean & Trevor-Todd live happily ever after :lol: alas... :( Is Davey & now Brian condemned to repeat the lifetimes again & again?

And imagine incoming president Bush Sr. This time he doesn't have two gay kids :o but six of them. :wacko: He's so gonna love it. :P NOT!

Wow !!!!!

Its cool, world history is again at the first place.

Fine chapter and fine story :2thumbs:

Dont forget friends, this has nothing to do with the others Do stories. Its Brain's story, not Davey's. :P

Well done DK, go on and good luck for the next chapters :worship:

Is Davey & now Brian condemned to repeat the lifetimes again & again?

How else will there be more sequels? :D

I originally found do-over on nifty, and before I realized that the whole story was posted here, I thought it would be interesting to see a Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow type approach - the same plotline, from a different character's point of view. This way is better, cuz we get a whole new story. :2thumbs:

How else will there be more sequels? :D

I originally found do-over on nifty, and before I realized that the whole story was posted here, I thought it would be interesting to see a Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow type approach - the same plotline, from a different character's point of view. This way is better, cuz we get a whole new story. :2thumbs:

Whatever Dan does or writes...he does it with perfection....he's such an awesome writer....worship_extreme.gif

BSK

P.S

His writing inspired me to write a story of my own... :D