Trebs

What is your interest level?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is your interest level?

• Yes - I will DEFINITELY be there
    • I'd like to be there - but not sure yet if I can
    • I'm not sure at all
    • I absolutely can not be there

I'm new to GA (a total newbie), but I've been a "reader of stories" on GA for a long time, and recently decided to join. The get-together in SF sounds like a way to meet others who have been on GA for a long time, including some of the authors I've enjoyed reading, and that sounds like fun. Hopefully by then I'll have made more posts and people will recognize my name.

Once I get on a train, I'm only a 40 minute BART ride into SF from where I live in the East Bay, and I don't have any conflicts on November 3rd. So, if it's OK, and nobody objects to having an old guy hanging around, I'll join in. :great:

sungod

Edited by sungod

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally welcome any board members - new posters, old posters, even lurkers (like CJames)... Who knows, maybe even some board members who used to be prolific but scaled back may see this thread and think about attending...

Unfortunately, I fall into the "I probably can't make it." category. :/

please Please PLEASE do this again because I really want to go but work is in turmoil at least through the end of September - assuming everything goes as planned :(

NYC would be cool. March would be a good time to go to Orlando - Spring break, not too hot yet and everybody flies there so good rates should abound. B)*shameless plug for my choice*

Unfortunately, I fall into the "I probably can't make it." category. :/

please Please PLEASE do this again because I really want to go but work is in turmoil at least through the end of September - assuming everything goes as planned :(

NYC would be cool. March would be a good time to go to Orlando - Spring break, not too hot yet and everybody flies there so good rates should abound. B)*shameless plug for my choice*

That's actually not a bad idea ... perhaps we could plan something to coincide with "Gay Day" at Disney the first weekend in June .......... I went a couple times when I was in college in Florida and it was a ton of fun.

That's actually not a bad idea ... perhaps we could plan something to coincide with "Gay Day" at Disney the first weekend in June .......... I went a couple times when I was in college in Florida and it was a ton of fun.

B) .......Funny thing! I just got an e-mail from Southwest Airlines telling me of their "special" for flying into San Fransico. I wonder if someone in our group works in their Ad department?

I'd love to go but there's things like my age (15 only) and the fact that I live on a total different continent.

Maybe another time, in a different cointinent, when I'm slightly older.

I'd love to go but there's things like my age (15 only) and the fact that I live on a total different continent.

Yes, I can see how those two factors might trip you up a bit :(

Maybe another time, in a different cointinent, when I'm slightly older.

ahh, well given that there are only seven continents from which to choose (and few people seem to be lobbying for Antarctica anyway), coupled with the fact that you'll almost certainly be older at some latter point in time, it seems like your chances are very great indeed :P:boy::)

Yes, I can see how those two factors might trip you up a bit :(

ahh, well given that there are only seven continents from which to choose (and few people seem to be lobbying for Antarctica anyway), coupled with the fact that you'll almost certainly be older at some latter point in time, it seems like your chances are very great indeed :P:boy::)

B) ...........LOL, great stuff!

Unfortunately, I fall into the "I can't make it" category. And I'm SO close! We have a home football game that night against Washington State, and I'm going with Doug and a bunch of friends. GO BEARS!

Colin B)

• 1 month later...

I live in the Bay area and could likely make it. Only work issues might delay me but I would make every effort. If I might suggest a place for dinner - The Sausage Factory in the Castro has great pizza and Italian food. :P yumm!

I live in the Bay area and could likely make it. Only work issues might delay me but I would make every effort. If I might suggest a place for dinner - The Sausage Factory in the Castro has great pizza and Italian food. :P yumm!

B) .........Give them all a group hug for us, and if anyone willing how bout a group Photo?

Anyone who's willing to share their picture online will take a group photo :) I know many of us already have pictures up or circulating already, but some people may want to remain anonymous.

Glad to have you come Eggman :)

Anyone who's willing to share their picture online will take a group photo :) I know many of us already have pictures up or circulating already, but some people may want to remain anonymous.

Glad to have you come Eggman :)

B) ................Of course I meant willing particpants!!

Great to have ya join us Eggman - I'll up the reservation... Already was able to make one - not at Sausage Factory (which I agree is great food) but nearby...

If anyone else thinks they can join us - let me know, the reservation is for 7:30PM on Saturday night...

B) .........Give them all a group hug for us, and if anyone willing how bout a group Photo?

I agree!! Personally I hate being photographed (or having my voice recorded for that matter. I prefer to interact "live" :boy: ), but since I'm not going to be there I definitely want to see some photos! 0:)

Great to have ya join us Eggman - I'll up the reservation... Already was able to make one - not at Sausage Factory (which I agree is great food) but nearby...

If anyone else thinks they can join us - let me know, the reservation is for 7:30PM on Saturday night...

I notice that there are two gods attending, Shadowgod and me. I'm sure you can count on us for an appropriate blessing. :worship:

sungod :nuke:

First of all, why do I have to be the only one that gets one?

And second... if anyone touches my head and messes up my hair there will be hell to pay! :D

Not that I'm particularly anal about my hair, but it does bug me if its messed up.

And second... if anyone touches my head and messes up my hair there will be hell to pay! :D

Not that I'm particularly anal about my hair, but it does bug me if its messed up.

No worries, I've sent some other requests to be passed along to other attendants, but due to their private nature (and they may be considered illegal in some states) those went through PM ;) .

Bull.

He is very anal about his hair... he almost bit my hand once.