• Yes - I will DEFINITELY be there
    • I'd like to be there - but not sure yet if I can
    • I'm not sure at all
    • I absolutely can not be there

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... Why is everyone scared to meet me? Do you all think I'm some 300 pound biker guy that likes to rip people to shreads or something?

Hmmm, I dunno... You haven't even threatened to hurt me since yesterday. :P:P :P :P :P :P

I would love to go, and If I start saving now I could save up enough and still have some money left to live off of after I get everything payed for. But I can only imagine how this conversation will go with my mum.

Her - Why do you want to go to San Francisco?

Me - To meet some people from a website I go to.

Her - ...No, you're not going out of the country, ALONE, to meet a bunch of people you only know from a website. What kind of

site is it anyway?

Me - ...Never mind.

Well, we'll see how this goes. Maybe if I present this to her in the right way I might get the Ok.

And Steve, Viv might regret offering her back seat to us ;)

Remember, Viv has children who sit in the back seat. :P

As a suggestion, maybe the group participating in this event can spend a little time discussing what they'd like to see (in terms of an agenda or program) at a 'convention'.

Conner

Remember, Viv has children who sit in the back seat. :P

As a suggestion, maybe the group participating in this event can spend a little time discussing what they'd like to see (in terms of an agenda or program) at a 'convention'.

Conner

Conner, you do know how loaded that was... :lol:

What they'd like to see??? :blink: Was that a joke?

Agenda 6pm Arrival

6:30 opening sequence

by 7: dancing

I'm not even going to play with the other thoughts running around my head they are a bit 'R' rated.

For the record, this is my 369th post... (in terms of the context of 'R' rated is that possible?)

:o I DID NO SUCH THING!! That was two days ago...

:angry: If she so much as thinks I'm gonna ride in that back seat then you two wont be doing anything! :P

Conner, you do know how loaded that was... :lol:

What they'd like to see??? :blink: Was that a joke?

Agenda 6pm Arrival

6:30 opening sequence

by 7: dancing

I'm not even going to play with the other thoughts running around my head they are a bit 'R' rated.

For the record, this is my 369th post... (in terms of the context of 'R' rated is that possible?)

Actually, I was being quite serious. I do do that from time to time. I know, it's boring. :P

An actual convention might not happen for a while, but I saw nothing wrong with making this suggestion. Live discussion is so much better. People can feed off each other's ideas. A dinner/dance sounds like a good idea. What else?

I've been known to have the odd R rated thought. 0:) But, honestly, not this time. If I were, I wouldn't put it in the program.

Conner

That's like on the other side of the freaking country! I never have been to California or the West Coast in my whole life! :blink:

Plus, I have school...and it's in Montreal, Quebec...going to California would require $650CND and three nights stay in SF...which is beyond what I can afford. I don't intend to use my energy on traveling over 6000 miles in just less than three days. If someday the meeting will be held in one of the following: Montreal, Toronto, NYC, Boston, and Philadelphia... I could make it since I go to these cities often.

Not to mention I have to be in Los Angeles in May for a cousin's wedding...god, I'd be see the Pacific for the first time in my whole life. :P

Have fun while you're at it.

I would think, it would be over all cool in SF in November. It is early November though so I would say cooler temperatures, but not the full effect of late fall early winter with all the wet, ugly, cold, weather. To much later I would expect all the nastiness the autumn season creates.

Oh god...cold and wet weather is nothing compared to a full-blown Canadian winter I had to deal with for the past two years now. By November, I'd have a snowstorm and the temperatures would plunge into the twenties during nighttimes. :blink:

Hrmmm, now, what could two cute guys get up to in a back seat? Hrmmm... Playing checker? Video games? Reading newspapers? Writing? Hmm, I have a feeling that I'm forgetting something... 0:)

Just remember that as with any other gathering of this type, we've got to keep account for GST...

What does "GST" stand for?

Ooooh, I want to ride a cable car!

Oh, and I'm not scared to meet Kevin either ... he'll get a big hug too! ;)

Awww, :hug: , looking forward to it, David! Hmm, I want to ride a cable car too. How bout we have the hug in the cable car? :boy:

What does "GST" stand for?

Gay Standard Time of course - you know - where a party is advertised as being 8 - 10 PM, and no one shows up until 9 (if even that early)...

LOL, I was going to answer the same way! GST was one of the favourite expressions of one of my close friends. LOL, it's definitely true for me! People that know me fairly well know by now that whatever time I say I'll be somewhere they should add a half hour too :lol:

I know I don't really know that many people here at GA, but since I live so close to San Fran, I would love to go. And though I don't post that often, I do read what the rest of you are posting, and you sound like a bunch of cool peeps. A bit twisted perhaps, but aren't we all.

Jason R.

Jason - you're more than welcome to join us! It's for anyone on this site - you don't have to be a postaholic ;-)

And not all postaholics are going, as seen by a lack of CJ...

I'm thinking about coming, but I'd have to get a leave of absence from my RA job.

Awww, :hug: , looking forward to it, David! Hmm, I want to ride a cable car too. How bout we have the hug in the cable car? :boy:

We'll if i do decide to go one thing's for sure Kevin, your getting a big hug from me!!!

That's if you want it >< haha

-LC

So...I've always wanted to see California...and I do have a cousin who lives in Palo Alto.

I just need to decide if I can really handle any more traveling. I mean, Florida this past week. Italy/Paris in a month. Can I handle California 3 weeks later?

I guess we'll just see ;-)

I'm thinking about coming, but I'd have to get a leave of absence from my RA job.

Hey! I'm a lurker, I tell ya! :ph34r:

As for my absence, I've been silent becuase I'm unsure. I have a family obligation in late October, and given the repairs to my house and lost work time already (major storm damage), its up in the air as to whether i can lose the work and afford the trip.

CJ :)

I know I don't really know that many people here at GA, but since I live so close to San Fran, I would love to go. And though I don't post that often, I do read what the rest of you are posting, and you sound like a bunch of cool peeps. A bit twisted perhaps, but aren't we all.

It'll be wonderful to meet you, Jason :D

You'd better come Matty! I'll even meet you at the airport if necessary (LOL, we know how well that'll work out :boy: )

We'll if i do decide to go one thing's for sure Kevin, your getting a big hug from me!!!

That's if you want it >< haha

-LC

Awww yay! :wub: It'll be awesome get to meet you in person, LC! :D:hug:

So...I've always wanted to see California...and I do have a cousin who lives in Palo Alto.

I just need to decide if I can really handle any more traveling. I mean, Florida this past week. Italy/Paris in a month. Can I handle California 3 weeks later?

I guess we'll just see ;-)

aww, com'on, Luigi! Think about this way, maybe you avoid unpacking! :P

Hey! I'm a lurker, I tell ya! :ph34r:

As for my absence, I've been silent becuase I'm unsure. I have a family obligation in late October, and given the repairs to my house and lost work time already (major storm damage), its up in the air as to whether i can lose the work and afford the trip.

CJ :)

:hug: I certainly hope you can make it, CJ! It wouldn't be the same without you!

I'm starting to get really excited about this :D

-Kevin