WOO HOO!! Congrats Adam!!

So... I have to wait through 22 or so weeks before I get to read anything new? I have to go through all that angst AGAIN (i'm laughing at myself, b/c obviously it's a lot more emotional for YOU than it is for me). I appreciate your willingness to lay all those emotions bare for yourself, and for us.

LOL. Yeah, it'll be 22 weeks. During that time, I hope to pick up readers at GA who haven't read any of Crosscurrents yet. So if you point a few people toward my story, I'll give you ten percent of my profits on the story. :lol:

But you won't have to wait to read other stuff of mine, hopefully. I'll be submitting a short story for the Summer Anthology. If it doesn't get selected, I'll post it at my site anyway.

• Like 1

LOL. Yeah, it'll be 22 weeks. During that time, I hope to pick up readers at GA who haven't read any of Crosscurrents yet. So if you point a few people toward my story, I'll give you ten percent of my profits on the story. :lol:

But you won't have to wait to read other stuff of mine, hopefully. I'll be submitting a short story for the Summer Anthology.

I've already told all my friends who like reading angsty stories... but now I have to direct them here....

can I trade in the 10% (ha ha, btw) for sneak previews of new chapters?

I am not a patient person, so I'll have to wait until CC is almost done before I start re-reading. in the meantime, I suppose I could a) work on my dissertation B) read your other stuff and c) keep poking around the authors' sites here for my reading pleasure.

Somehow, B and C sound a helluva lot more appealing than A.

I've already told all my friends who like reading angsty stories... but now I have to direct them here....

can I trade in the 10% (ha ha, btw) for sneak previews of new chapters?

Now there's an interesting proposal, and cheaper too!

I am not a patient person, so I'll have to wait until CC is almost done before I start re-reading. in the meantime, I suppose I could a) work on my dissertation B)

Man, am I glad those days are over. Been there, done that. Interested in buying a pre-owned one? Nah, that wouldn't work, would it?

B) read your other stuff and c) keep poking around the authors' sites here for my reading pleasure.

Somehow, B and C sound a helluva lot more appealing than A.

Yeah. It's drudgery, isn't it? I did not enjoy working on mine at all.

At all.

Starting up my online writing again is much fun-er. :lol:

Now there's an interesting proposal, and cheaper too!

I'm used to being poor. Getting closure is much more precious.

Man, am I glad those days are over. Been there, done that. Interested in buying a pre-owned one? Nah, that wouldn't work, would it?

Yeah. It's drudgery, isn't it? I did not enjoy working on mine at all.

At all.

Starting up my online writing again is much fun-er. :lol:

I'm doubtful our academic areas are the same, but if I thought I could get away with it, I WOULD SO TAKE A PRE-OWNED one.

I've never been so understanding of deliberate self harm/self-injurious behaviors as I have now. It makes me wish I had quit the program

during my first year, and been content with the master's.

So, are you inflicting this horrendous pain on students in your day job? Encouraging others to follow your footsteps in the path to a PhD?

(I hear it called piled higher and deeper by the comic strip, but i think it should be called "painful, horrendous, and depressing")

speaking of favorite posters? Here's one of mine.