Oh my gosh. Thanks for posting this! I saw this story on nifty, but I never started reading it because it looked so long. Well, I started it last night, and I was completely sucked in and blown away. I couldn't stop reading it until the wee hours of the morning.

This is gonna be my new favorite story... maybe heading towards one of my favorite stories ever. It's been a while since I've read a really good, epic type love story. So thank you for bringing it to my attention! :worship:

Oh my gosh. Thanks for posting this! I saw this story on nifty, but I never started reading it because it looked so long. Well, I started it last night, and I was completely sucked in and blown away. I couldn't stop reading it until the wee hours of the morning.

This is gonna be my new favorite story... maybe heading towards one of my favorite stories ever. It's been a while since I've read a really good, epic type love story. So thank you for bringing it to my attention! :worship:

just be careful, he's not a frequent poster :wacko:

If anyone else is reading CrossCurrents, by Adam Philips, Chapter 21 was recently released. It's posted both at http://tickiestories.us/ & nifty.

:D

Thank you so much for letting us know, Vic! This is one of my all time favourites too!

just be careful, he's not a frequent poster

LOL, this is true! I was convinced that the story had already ended at one point, because it had been a long time since an update and it looked like a natural place to end it.

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

Thank you so much for letting us know, Vic! This is one of my all time favourites too!

LOL, this is true! I was convinced that the story had already ended at one point, because it had been a long time since an update and it looked like a natural place to end it.

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

B) .........Tell me about it!!! Com is another one, "My only Escape" has been on hold so long the main character is collecting Social Security.

I was convinced that the story had already ended at one point, because it had been a long time since an update and it looked like a natural place to end it.

Adam, as I recall, was having several challenges in college a couple years ago and his writing ground to a halt. What is being posted now is a compilation of re-writing the older chapters (I think I first read the story on Nifty) and some new ones. He seems to be on solid footing now and the chapters are fairly frequent. I've earmarked CC for a re-read. It is an exceptional story.

Jack B)

Adam, as I recall, was having several challenges in college a couple years ago and his writing ground to a halt. What is being posted now is a compilation of re-writing the older chapters (I think I first read the story on Nifty) and some new ones. He seems to be on solid footing now and the chapters are fairly frequent. I've earmarked CC for a re-read. It is an exceptional story.

Jack B)

B) ............Does anyone know where I can find the story "The Road Home" by Tyler Peel?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I joined his group so that I could get updates as soon as the latest chapter comes out. I was browsing through his other work and stumbled across an empty folder. It's description was that it was to be the sequel of Cross Currents. This drove me crazy.

I'm already itching to find out what's going to happen next, and then I find out that there's a sequel so that means something must happen at the end, something that would justify a sequel, but then I don't know what that something is and...Gah!

I just hope I don't have to wait several months for the next chapter to come out.b

• 1 year later...

I just registered on this board so I could post about this fantastic author and story...

I am (right now) DEVASTATED that the story doesn't have an ending!! Does anyone have an update on what's going on with the story or the author? i read somewhere else on this forum that AP is ghostwriting (and I'm not touching that story unless it has "completed" next to it).

I'm so into Andy right now, and I am feeling overwhelmed with his teenage angst. I need closure.

What beautiful writing!! (i'm not above using loads of flattery on the author to cajole him back to the story).

I just registered on this board so I could post about this fantastic author and story...

I am (right now) DEVASTATED that the story doesn't have an ending!! Does anyone have an update on what's going on with the story or the author? i read somewhere else on this forum that AP is ghostwriting (and I'm not touching that story unless it has "completed" next to it).

I'm so into Andy right now, and I am feeling overwhelmed with his teenage angst. I need closure.

What beautiful writing!! (i'm not above using loads of flattery on the author to cajole him back to the story).

Flattery will get you nowhere, but I appreciate the compliments.

I'm Adam Phillips, the author of Crosscurrents.

I've never been a speedy poster, but I haven't touched CC in over a year. Here's why:

A good e-friend of mine began an autobiographical story here at eFiction. It's called It Started With Brian. In November of 2007 he told me he had colon cancer and the prognosis wasn't good. As time went by, he felt he needed to spend the time and energy he had with his family instead of working on the story. I knew how badly he wanted it finished, so I volunteered to finish it from his notes. He gratefully accepted, and so around March 2008 or so I began working on it. I put Crosscurrents on hold at that time.

Sam died October 25 of last year. He was in his early thirties. I wished I could have finished it before he died, but he trusted me to get the story told and he understood that my offline life is crazy busy. I am a married bi guy with a young son; I teach at a community college and have a business on the side, and I do all kinds of other stuff to keep my ADD-riddled brain occupied with a pretty frenzied schedule. I've found that works best for me.

In any case, I promise that as soon as I finish It Started With Brian I'll return to Crosscurrents. I have about six chapters left on ISWB, and Andy and Matt are jumping up and down on my stomach demanding that I get back to them. I'll do that as quickly as I can, but I have to do right by my fallen buddy first.

Thanks for your interest, and by the way, it's my preference that you read Crosscurrents at Nick Archer's site, Archerland. Here's the URL:

http://archerland.di...ve.org/adam.htm

New chapters get posted there first, although it's also at Tickie's site and crvboy. I like both of those sites, but I wasn't crazy about the way crvboy reformatted my story. To be fair, that site has a standard formatting, and CC there was brought into line with that format. Still...

It's my expectation that ISWB will be finished by the year's end, if not sooner. The day I finish ISWB, I'll spend a few minutes grieving for my absent friend, then I'll move on back to Crosscurrents.

--Adam

P.S. Is there a reason I can't turn the italics off here? It looks normal in the preview, but when I post everything turns to italics.

Edited by AdamP
  • Like 4

Flattery will get you nowhere, but I appreciate the compliments.

I'm Adam Phillips, the author of Crosscurrents.

I've never been a speedy poster, but I haven't touched CC in over a year. Here's why:

A good e-friend of mine began an autobiographical story here at eFiction. It's called It Started With Brian. In November of 2007 he told me he had colon cancer and the prognosis wasn't good. As time went by, he felt he needed to spend the time and energy he had with his family instead of working on the story. I knew how badly he wanted it finished, so I volunteered to finish it from his notes. He gratefully accepted, and so around March 2008 or so I began working on it. I put Crosscurrents on hold at that time.

Sam died October 25 of last year. He was in his early thirties.

In any case, I promise that as soon as I finish It Started With Brian I'll return to Crosscurrents.

Thanks for your interest, and by the way, it's my preference that you read Crosscurrents at Nick Archer's site, Archerland. Here's the URL:

http://archerland.di...ve.org/adam.htm

t's my expectation that ISWB will be finished by the year's end, if not sooner.

--Adam

Flattery might not get me anywhere, but posting got me an answer!!! Lucky for me, grad school will gladly suck up the time I would have spent absorbed in your story.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Sam. I'll go read ISWB when you finish... :D I'm sure his friends and family are immeasurably grateful to know that his story is being told, and by someone he trusted enough to tell it.

Just in case you're interested, I found you by by way of Gabriel Morgan, who's link sent me to crvboy.

Thanks for responding!! I feel relief just knowing that you PLAN to finish the story.

• 4 months later...

Okay, Adam. I started reading "It Started With Brian" after you had already taken over for Sam. I followed it religiously to its conclusion and I was more than impressed with Sam's story and your ability to continue it. This led me to Crosscurrents which I just finished this evening. It was hard for me to read. I am one of those "happy endings" girls and I struggled to even begin since it seems to be obvious from Chapter one that Matt and Andy may not end up together. I am, however, completely hooked. I know you were planning on finishing Sam's story before continuing with Crosscurrents. I am wondering if you still plan on picking up where you left off?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, Adam. I started reading "It Started With Brian" after you had already taken over for Sam. I followed it religiously to its conclusion and I was more than impressed with Sam's story and your ability to continue it. This led me to Crosscurrents which I just finished this evening. It was hard for me to read. I am one of those "happy endings" girls and I struggled to even begin since it seems to be obvious from Chapter one that Matt and Andy may not end up together. I am, however, completely hooked. I know you were planning on finishing Sam's story before continuing with Crosscurrents. I am wondering if you still plan on picking up where you left off?

Wasn't it cruel and unusual for AdamP to write such a heart wrenching story and LEAVE US HANGING?

If you read a few posts above, you see that Adam has committed to finishing crosscurrents...

HOWEVER, I just went to check at Archerland (was crossing my fingers and hoping against hope that there might be a new chapter) and OMG. The site has been closed.

So Adam... where can we find the new installments of CrossCurrents when you DO start posting? How will we know? Do you have a listserv to notify your fans?

Wasn't it cruel and unusual for AdamP to write such a heart wrenching story and LEAVE US HANGING?

If you read a few posts above, you see that Adam has committed to finishing crosscurrents...

HOWEVER, I just went to check at Archerland (was crossing my fingers and hoping against hope that there might be a new chapter) and OMG. The site has been closed.

So Adam... where can we find the new installments of CrossCurrents when you DO start posting? How will we know? Do you have a listserv to notify your fans?

I'm not sure if he is still posting on CRYBOY but if he is, the story is still listed as in progress there (look authors; Phillips, Adam)

I just got a note from Mark Arbour that said "the natives are restless" and linked me to this thread. Honestly, I keep forgetting there's a Crosscurrents thread here!

Let me tell you what's up. I haven't abandoned Crosscurrents. Nick Archer did indeed shut down Archerland, and it was my "main host." In other words, new chapters went to Archerland before they went elsewhere. I'm hosted at a couple of other sites, but for a variety of reasons, I wanted a different "main host."

So...update: (Sort of) Another site will now be my main host. It's a host you won't have to go very far to find. Not far at all. Not at all.

Not at all.

:D

Crosscurrents will be showing up...uhhh...there...within a couple of weeks. Wearing some slightly new clothes. Just slightly, though, so don't panic.

At this...uhh...new site, all 22 extant chapters won't be showing up at once. I've been given permission to post a chapter at a time. So I'm going to be posting a chapter a week.

It's been over two years since I worked on Crosscurrents. Back then, when I stopped, my grandfather had just died, and he and I were close, and that really threw me for a loop. I don't know why that's relevant to the writing, but somehow it was. Not too long after that, I found out that my good e-friend Sam was terminally ill, and I volunteered to finish his story It Started With Brian for him. I finished that toward the beginning of this year, and I was ready to start working on Crosscurrents again. About that time Nick Archer closed down Archerland. But as I said, I found this...other place that graciously agreed to host me.

In the intervening years I've had a chance to look over Crosscurrents. There have always been a couple of places that nagged at me. Having a new host gave me an opportunity to go back over those places and make them read more like I wanted them to. So when you read CC over...there, you'll be reading the version I'd most like readers to have.

The changes will be minor. They're mostly literary and not at all about the story itself. You might not even notice them. Except for one. I'm changing the last name of the protagonist. Don't bother to ask why. The answer is long and convoluted and silly. Beyond that, there were a couple of mechanical/syntactical infelicities, one howler of an image that just had to go, and another one that was just too melodramatic and ridiculous to stay with. Other places that wanted rewriting just a bit.

I'll be continuing to write on CC while the first 22 chapters are being released at the new site, and by the time Chapter 22 is posted, I'll be finished with the rest of the story (right now, it looks as though it will run 33 chapters total). If my Constant Readers will go back all the way to the Prologue once it's released on the new site, and read anew as the chapters are being posted, you'll be able to read a chapter a week all the way to the end! I will definitely be finished with Crosscurrents by the end of the year.

Thanks for your ongoing interest, and I'll try to pop in here more often from now on.

--Adam Phillips

Edited by AdamP
  • Like 2

Adam just loves being a tease.:devil:

(As someone who has read CC since the prologue was originally posted an eternity ago (even before the first time chapter one was posted in the pre-Cro-Magnon era, I know that part just about better than anyone.)

Just checking in as promised.

I got an email Monday from the tech person who is working on getting my story up and running at the place where it's going to be. ;) It read,

Hi Adam,

Your site is almost finished! I should be able to send you the link in a few days...

So...shouldn't be too much longer now. I'll keep you posted.

Adam

• Like 1

Just checking in as promised.

I got an email Monday from the tech person who is working on getting my story up and running at the place where it's going to be. wink.gif It read,

Hi Adam,

Your site is almost finished! I should be able to send you the link in a few days...

So...shouldn't be too much longer now. I'll keep you posted.

Adam

Well, as one of the original crew on Adam's previous website and all the way back to when we were on another Yahoo group together, I must say that this is great news!

Yes, Cross Currents is definitely a great story to read from the beginning. It has been posted on Nifty and Tickie's Stories and Archerland.

I am happy to hear Adam finally got back to his story as he has been writing and posting a story for a friend who unfortunately could not finish his story. This is the guy Adam really is, and he is definitely somebody to emulate. thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif (Three thumbs up!!!!)

Adam, glad to see you smiling again. I will check into the Yahoo Group and see what progress is being made when I have a chance.

Take care.

BILLP

Maboi26

Edited by maboi26
  • 2 weeks later...

I just thought I'd let everybody who wandered into here know that as of today, I'm officially being hosted by Gay Authors. Here are my pages:

https://www.gayauthors.org/adamphillips/

And, of course, I have a linked forum space as well:

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/forum/125-adam-phillips-forum/

Thanks for your interest in my story. I'm excited about being at Gay Authors!

--Adam P

• Like 1

I just thought I'd let everybody who wandered into here know that as of today, I'm officially being hosted by Gay Authors. Here are my pages:

http://www.gayauthor...g/adamphillips/

And, of course, I have a linked forum space as well:

http://www.gayauthor...phillips-forum/

Thanks for your interest in my story. I'm excited about being at Gay Authors!

--Adam P

WOO HOO!! Congrats Adam!!

So... I have to wait through 22 or so weeks before I get to read anything new? I have to go through all that angst AGAIN (i'm laughing at myself, b/c obviously it's a lot more emotional for YOU than it is for me). I appreciate your willingness to lay all those emotions bare for yourself, and for us.