Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Help ensure a new chapter of LTMP Tuesday!

Folks, I'm fighting for Shadowgod's (our anonymous beta reader) title, his high honor of

:king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king:

Please join me in this worth endeavor and help Shadowgod retain his title!

As I write this, it's close; 50-50. I'm so worked up over this nefarious challenge to Shadowgod's hard-earned title that I may have difficulty formatting LTMP 9 into HTML for posting... However, if Shadowgod pulls ahead, I think I'd be releived enough to have no problem at all...

Help us defeat the prickly forces of darkness and save Shadowgod's title by going HERE and voting YES on question #1.

Vote how you feel on the remaining questions, but please help us stave off this dire threat to Shadowgod's honor! :2hands:

• Site Administrator
Folks, I'm fighting for Shadowgod's (our anonymous beta reader) title, his high honor of

As I write this, it's close; 50-50. I'm so worked up over this nefarious challenge to Shadowgod's hard-earned title that I may have difficulty formatting LTMP 9 into HTML for posting... However, if Shadowgod pulls ahead, I think I'd be releived enough to have no problem at all...

Help us defeat the prickly forces of darkness and save Shadowgod's title by going HERE and voting YES on question #1.

Vote how you feel on the remaining questions, but please help us stave off this dire threat to Shadowgod's honor! :2hands:

I believe this constitutes blackmail :thumbdown: I thought better of you.

However, I have an alternative suggestion. Since you seem to have trouble formatting LTMP 9 into HTML format, I'll do it for you :P Freely, at no charge, and without requiring you to vote in any particular way :D That should relieve your concerns 0:)

However, I have an alternative suggestion. Since you seem to have trouble formatting LTMP 9 into HTML format, I'll do it for you :P Freely, at no charge, and without requiring you to vote in any particular way :D That should relieve your concerns 0:)

Blackmail? It's not blackmail.. It's merely a heartfelt appeal to the readers to help do the right thing, and save Shadowgod's title from the prickly forces attempting to de-throne him!

So, please vote YES and help the deserving Shadowgod retain his title!!!

• Site Administrator

So, please vote YES and help the deserving Shadowgod retain his title!!!

This looks remarkably like campaigning. I can't believe that someone who claims to be a shy and retiring lurker would get involved in such a non-lurking activity like campaigning! :devil:

Everyone, by all means vote, but vote the way you want to -- don't let yourself be stampeded into voting the way that CJ wants you to vote.

(And yes, I know stampeding is something Herds do a lot, but let's be different.... :P )

This looks remarkably like campaigning. I can't believe that someone who claims to be a shy and retiring lurker would get involved in such a non-lurking activity like campaigning! :devil:

Everyone, by all means vote, but vote the way you want to -- don't let yourself be stampeded into voting the way that CJ wants you to vote.

(And yes, I know stampeding is something Herds do a lot, but let's be different.... :P )

Sometimes, a lurkers gotta do what a lurkers gotta do... In this case, helping Shadowgod retain his title for a nefarious attempt to have his title runneth under, as in down under...

In case CJames really had trouble with formatting the story, I could send it to Graeme within 12 hours, so don't sweat and feel you have to vote against your will. At least for chapter 9, we never know how evilly a cornered lurking goat can react.

The voting is back to 50-50... I'm really stressed out over this horrible injustice to Shadowgod...

• Site Administrator

O M G !!!!!!!

CJ, as a member of the herd, I am literally shocked at this post :angry: .

To threaten to withhold the next chapter, on a Monday night, I'm shocked, shocked I say. After all, your posting of the next chapter is the only reason I bother to get up on a Tuesday B) .

Steve

O M G !!!!!!!

CJ, as a member of the herd, I am literally shocked at this post :angry: .

To threaten to withhold the next chapter, on a Monday night, I'm shocked, shocked I say. After all, your posting of the next chapter is the only reason I bother to get up on a Tuesday B) .

Steve

Do I actually mention any delay in the posting of the chapter? 0:)

Well, Shadowgod is still at 50-50. SAVE HIS TITLE!!!

What to do, what to do... OK, here's the deal: If Shadowgod is ahead, I'll mail in the chapter at 2pm, Arizona Standard Time. If he's not ahead, I'll withhold it until 1400 hours, Arizona standard time. 0:)

BTW, when it actually goes online depends on Joe's very busy schedule (and we are very fortunate that he usually does this the same day, thank you Joe!) ; he usually does the posting in the evenings. :)

• Site Administrator

Does that answer your question? I believe in reading between the lines, so this is actually what I read:

As I write this, it's close; 50-50.OMG, I might lose in this poll!!! I'm so worked up over this nefarious challenge to Shadowgod's hard-earned title that I may have difficulty formatting LTMP 9 into HTML for posting.Take that suckers, if I don't win, they will pay, hahahaha.. However, if Shadowgod pulls ahead, I think I'd be releived enough to have no problem at all... See, blackmail is always the best option :devil:

Am I close B) .

Steve

Does that answer your question? I believe in reading between the lines, so this is actually what I read:

As I write this, it's close; 50-50.OMG, I might lose in this poll!!! I'm so worked up over this nefarious challenge to Shadowgod's hard-earned title that I may have difficulty formatting LTMP 9 into HTML for posting.Take that suckers, if I don't win, they will pay, hahahaha.. However, if Shadowgod pulls ahead, I think I'd be releived enough to have no problem at all... See, blackmail is always the best option :devil:

Awwww... Is it my fualt that my nerves are so freyed over this looming grave injustice to our anonymous beta reader that I simply couldn't concentrate on HTML? Awww.... What a thing to imply about sweet, innocent me...

But, somehow, in spite of my stress, I managed anyway... the HTML is done, converted to php. bundled with the amended chapter index file, and ready to send.

So, I've done my part in spite of the looming grave injustice to Shadowgod... So, to those who haven't voted, I beseech you, go vote for him as :king: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers :king: . Shadowgod needs your support! Don't let our anonymous beta-reader down!

Now, as for future chapters; what if Shadowgod loses and become depressed, so depressed that he can't beta, or is, at least, slower. We would be looking at severe delays in posting as a result, and it would be entirely out of my hands.

Save Shadowgod's Title!

• Site Administrator
But, somehow, in spite of my stress, I managed anyway... the HTML is done, converted to php. bundled with the amended chapter index file, and ready to send.

That's good news :) Thanks, CJ!

Now, as for future chapters; what if Shadowgod loses and become depressed, so depressed that he can't beta, or is, at least, slower. We would be looking at severe delays in posting as a result, and it would be entirely out of my hands. !

Actually, I was thinking Shadowgod would be so relieved at not being so falsely accused with that terrible title you seem to insist on, that he'll be able to get back to writing his own stories.

As a supreme sacrifice, in the interest of seeing Shadowgod either starting a new story, or finishing one of his existing ones, I hereby volunteer to beta-read for CJ if Shadowgod is too busy writing to do so.

Be nice to CJ... it's always tough when you realize the herd is fickle and could turn against you. He may have occassionally used a cliffy in a story once or twice but at least he posts regularily so there's no need to break out the favourite family goat recipes yet! :lol::D:P

Steve #3

It's not blackmail, it's Extortion.

That's good news :) Thanks, CJ!

Actually, I was thinking Shadowgod would be so relieved at not being so falsely accused with that terrible title you seem to insist on, that he'll be able to get back to writing his own stories.

As a supreme sacrifice, in the interest of seeing Shadowgod either starting a new story, or finishing one of his existing ones, I hereby volunteer to beta-read for CJ if Shadowgod is too busy writing to do so.

Why do you thank CJ? He said it's ready to send, not that he sent it!

But your sacrifice in the role of the anonymous beta-reader is admirable.

Be nice to CJ... it's always tough when you realize the herd is fickle and could turn against you. He may have occassionally used a cliffy in a story once or twice but at least he posts regularily so there's no need to break out the favourite family goat recipes yet! :lol::D:P

Steve #3

Let's admit he's quite consistently supplied us with chapters. But thus filling the polls?

It's not blackmail, it's Extortion.

A welcome lexicographical precision.

• Site Administrator
Ya'll are going to have a hard time topping this silliness next weekend... :lol:

Based on some private conversations, I was thinking of another poll -- who has the worst cliffhangers, Shadowgod, C James, or myself? :P My only problem is working out which forum to put the poll in....

• Site Administrator
Based on some private conversations, I was thinking of another poll -- who has the worst cliffhangers, Shadowgod, C James, or myself? :P My only problem is working out which forum to put the poll in....

To get the largest and most unbiased results, could the Lounge be used?

Steve

• Site Administrator
To get the largest and most unbiased results, could the Lounge be used?

A possibility, but I don't think it's the sort of thing that would be appropriate in the Lounge. Shadowgod seems to be a nice person -- I think I'll ask him if I can put it up in his forum :)

• Site Administrator
By all means please do... and I should really go start a topic in there myself concerning my lack posting lately...

Thanks, Steve! I'll wait until the start of silly season before I do that, though -- no need to start it too early :P

• Site Administrator
Thanks, Steve! I'll wait until the start of silly season before I do that, though -- no need to start it too early :P

Good idea, and thanks too Steve!!

Now the only problem is starting the poll before a certain goat can manipulate it in his favour.

Steve

A possibility, but I don't think it's the sort of thing that would be appropriate in the Lounge. Shadowgod seems to be a nice person -- I think I'll ask him if I can put it up in his forum :)
By all means please do... and I should really go start a topic in there myself concerning my lack posting lately...
Good idea, and thanks too Steve!!

Now the only problem is starting the poll before a certain goat can manipulate it in his favour.

AAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, no!!!!!!!! We don't need any such poll!!! I''d be ineligible anyway; everyone knows I never use cliffhangers!!!!!!!!!

• Site Administrator
AAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, no!!!!!!!! We don't need any such poll!!! I''d be ineligible anyway; everyone knows I never use cliffhangers!!!!!!!!!

I keep telling you -- everyone doesn't know it, because I don't know that you never use cliffhangers and I'm part of "everyone" -- at least I hope so....

I keep telling you -- everyone doesn't know it, because I don't know that you never use cliffhangers and I'm part of "everyone" -- at least I hope so....

But, but, but, I can point you to posts where I've said this before! Surely you can't doubt me so? Next you will be seeking to undermine my precious reputation as as a quiet and shy forum lurker. But surely even you couldn't be that evil? :ph34r:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..