Don't be deluded that the bad old days are over

While Michael Marcavage of Repent American calls for the government execution of gays (I'd say big deal, but this guy is backed by Focus on the Family and the AFA and possibly the Christian Coalition), other more common people have comments like this:

Ok, as im not PC I will say what needs to be said, the Govt is cracking down on smokers because smoking "might" kill you in about 20  years, but this story is far more dangerous, a lifestyle far more dangerous than smoking EVER will be, where is the outrage? where is the govt comming down on this lifesyle choice? hmmm???

there reason why is homosexuality has been raised by the left and the govt. as a racial status, not a lifestyle choice, and when AIDS finally makes the jump from Homosexual Men/ IV Drug users, the left, and  the weak spined pols will be to blame.

Ps. im  VERY suprised the NY Times ran this story.

This was in response to an article about the appearance of a super-strain of AIDS that is not responding to treatment.

Here's another guy who assumes a gay man would enjoy being raped in prison...

Hmm... I wonder if the law in the US should be amended so that homosexuals who commit crimes that should send them to prison be executed instead? In normal American criminal justice, the added prison rapes are an extra deterrent and an unoffical punishment, after all, while a homosexual would have the time of his life getting action from the proverbial Bubba's and Leroy's in there. So if we don't drag out the chairs, would you agree at least tacking on a dubble time prison sentence would be fair in order to enact similar punishments levels between homos and heteros?

Of course this is really the decision of the moderators and all,

but isn't this a bit too off topic? :/

I know at least that I rather NOT read about these kind of things :(

That's nothing personal dkstories, I appreciate it that you think about

us when you want to share your frustration; but I like to think of

this board as a safe-place AWAY of gay-misery. At least, that is

what I think about when I say 'fantasy stories about my favourite topic'.

Aleric

• Site Administrator

It is a valid point of discussion and something we, as gay people, should be aware of, if nothing else.

It out there and all should be aware and not left out in knowing

i hate to read it and i'm sure other do

i post the news at other gay forum to let other be aware in each state

one of the reason i love Myr signature which is (I want to keep the liberals out of my wallet and the conservatives out of my bedroom.)that i consider myself a moderate and i think that the way i feel when i read that and it is

we all hate to read bad news, Myr brought up what seem like a common news items about teacher and young student and it bad, all news like this is

but it a issue we all need to beware of

not every thing is rose colored glasses and if we look the other way it can hurt us

you got two type of right wing, one is compassion, the other bigots and they make the headline, and the headline keep us aware of those like this thread is about

you even read it in story that many authors write as well

no matter how old or even how young you still have butthead out there like Fred Phelps and the one mention above that even the southern christains don't want to be a part of

if there is a name for those above it nazi, sadly those view are still around today

but many are smarter than those in the past and will not stand by them as many dumbly did years ago

sadly if you are black you still have to look over your shoulder and if your are any other that is not like you still do the same

and if you are gay, bi whatever you still have to, not that it make you the only victim as we know that even striaght have to look as well because of robber and car jacking and everything else, no one actally is safe. everyone got too comfy because we see it everyday and many will say * that will never happen to me*

oh yeah?

no matter how painful it is to read, stay inform

you or the one you love depend on it

It is a fact of life that the un-informed end up on the short end of the stick. Be it bad news or even attempts to segregate others different from you, the only way to stop bigotry is for the common people to stay informed of what the people with power are saying. Every one of us has either directly or indirectly suffered from suppression of news; the only way to fight it is to pass it around if the major news carriers won't.

• Site Administrator

I don't suppose that it has escaped anyone's notice that the VAST majority of Aids cases are now amongst black hetros? The radio stations have been blaring ads about how how blacks should know their status so that they will stop spreading it around. All sorts of famous black stars are on these ads.

that new super-killer strain of HIV seems to be attacking the risky sex/risky drug group. info here:

http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/02/021105nyHIV.htm

Hey DK,

First off, nice to see ya back with us dude. :hug: Next, this shit in the US is really getting out of hand. I've done the only logical thing I can do and that is:

SAY GOOD-BYE U.S AND HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ENGLAND :D

If everything goes as planned I will be back in my sweet baby's arms on the 16th of Feb. Yep, 2 days and counting.

Take care, :)

Mike S. :sword:

:D I'll second your two cents Dom!

The worst aspect is that if you published leaflets with " Your ignorant attitude actually was responsible for 'X' Nos of suicides," they'd probably cheer.

It's sickening, and if there are any gay rights at all it should be made illegal to distribute such propaganda, and treat it the same as racism. That way they'd be entitled to their own opinions, but not allowed to foist them on the rest of us! :P

I also have a certin dislike for organized religion, but to be honest you can't take the bad, and forget the good. In that sense, it has been a great benifit to society, so now its just widdleing its way back to neutral to even itself out with the universe.

Its amazin how unhuman people actually are on the indivisual level.

I already got on the soapbox about religin once and dont plan to again atm. and no I havent burned any chruches down this year.

But someone needs to put a bullet in this rapists skull... hes obviously a rapist cause he thinks every women ever raped by a man really just enjoyed it. Im even sure hed agree with me cause were both firm belivers in the death penalty.

Hmm... I wonder if the law in the US should be amended so that homosexuals who commit crimes that should send them to prison be executed instead? In normal American criminal justice, the added prison rapes are an extra deterrent and an unoffical punishment, after all, while a homosexual would have the time of his life getting action from the proverbial Bubba's and Leroy's in there. So if we don't drag out the chairs, would you agree at least tacking on a dubble time prison sentence would be fair in order to enact similar punishments levels between homos and heteros?

~Umbathri

You can never trully love another unless you first love yourself, and you can never trully hate another unless theres nothing you despise more then yourself.

Organized religion is the root of all evil.

----

You're right there Myr. Organised religion has caused more deaths through wars and cleansing those who are different during its time on earth than any virus ever could.

I think the one-hundred million people who died under Mao Se Dong's decidedly atheist communist regime might have an interesting opinion to hear. I'm certain the victims of China's current persecution of religious groups would wonder why they are percieved as the root of all evil when they are the ones being jailed and killed by their own government for practicing their religions in peace. Curious how self-centered we can be sometimes, eh?

Martin Luther King was a Christian Revrend, which is one of the dirty little secrets most kids in my generation never hear about (I only learned about that fact from my parents: NEVER did my schools mention it). Ghandi was a Hindu, and Malcolm X a Muslim. The abolitionist movement against slavery in the US was pioneered and led by Quakers and other Christian groups. Maybe it's because I'm black and (vaguely) Christian, but I get the feeling that, aside from an obviously anglo-centric community identity, the gay community has done a smashing job of keeping black people, who have a reputation for being unapologetically religious, out of their wonderful little white atheist utopian world view. Think about it. Aside from bell hooks and maybe a few others I've never heard of, one almost never sees black homosexuals, or even a non-satired depiction of one in the public eye from the mainstream media or gay groups alike. And NO, prison rape scenes don't count.

The sole exception to this rule is a single character on the show "Six Feet Under", which is a pathetic sign.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a bad sign when the Queer Student Cultural Center at my university is comprised almost exclusively of blonde/blue whites, and the only non-white person (biracial) other than myself had his hair dyed blonde "to fit in". That's beside the point, although I'd love to debate the racial gap and inexcusable insensitivity many white gays have regarding other races.

Anyway, this irked me because I recently came out to my devoutly Christian mother, and she loves and accepts me for who I am. She even quoted values she learned from the Bible as her reason for doing so (hate the sin, not the sinner, yadda yadda). Yes, there are a lot of assholes and bigots out there, and the point of this is not to whitewash their evil, but you can't forget that the negatives are not the entire picture.

Maybe it's because I'm black and (vaguely) Christian, but I get the feeling that, aside from an obviously anglo-centric community identity, the gay community has done a smashing job of keeping black people, who have a reputation for being unapologetically religious, out of their wonderful little white atheist utopian world view. Think about it. Aside from bell hooks and maybe a few others I've never heard of, one almost never sees black homosexuals, or even a non-satired depiction of one in the public eye from the mainstream media or gay groups alike. And NO, prison rape scenes don't count.

The sole exception to this rule is a single character on the show "Six Feet Under", which is a pathetic sign.

It's interesting that that is your reaction because I've never thought so. In my day to day life, easily half of the gays I run in to are not white (excluding Six Feet Under, my favortie show on earth). Media portrayal could be a different matter, but come on, it's the media. They'll try to separate religion and homosexuality in their protrayal so as to avoid offending anyone, and as you say the black community is generally quite religious. Besides, of course the blonde/blues are going to be more involved in the gay community because they don't have another minority to fall back on.

On another note, your post prompted me to check my "gay glossary" and I found a couple of interesting demographics pertaining to your point.

1) SGL (Same Gender Loving)= Some black homosexuals describe themselves as SGL to claim an identity while keeping distance from the white gay community.

2) Down Low= supposedly straight black men who have sex with other men, but date women and remain firmly in the closet.