Huge fine for anti-gay US church

pitchan

If they come around where I live, I'll make up a bunch of signs and my friends and I will protest their presence:

The Devil Loves Fred Phelps and

the Westboro Baptist Church

I think another question is: Why do these hate mongers try to take others' freedoms away? And say they all should be killed?? That's what's the real bullshit!

Colin B)

Lol , Colin ,

You are much too kind to acknowledge them , for thoses few hold tenets that are not worthy even of our spite .

Families have a right to a peaceful funeral, but by god if ill let anyone say they cannot protest it. If they want to protest, go for it. If they want to demean others by their obnoxious beliefs, go for it. But i wont stand for anything less than respect and compliance to let others have their freedoms.

People want to protest (insert noun of choice) but wont let others protest what they believe in...nonsense. Thats all im saying.

and sorry for ocming off as grouchy or mean int eh last post, but what i want to say isnt easily said.

The thing is, it isn't what they are protesting about that is the real problem. The real problem is the method. Funeral Protests should not be allowed. If they want to do their protests, they can. But they should do it somewhere appropriate, not funerals.

The thing is, it isn't what they are protesting about that is the real problem. The real problem is the method. Funeral Protests should not be allowed. If they want to do their protests, they can. But they should do it somewhere appropriate, not funerals.

forgive me if i sound grouchy and dick-ish but its a real question, where else would one protest a funeral?

forgive me if i sound grouchy and dick-ish but its a real question, where else would one protest a funeral?

That only gives rise to the question of why you would protest a funeral. Its counter-productive. The very act of protesting at a funeral turns people away from your cause, defeating the whole purpose of the protest in the first place.

Families have a right to a peaceful funeral, but by god if ill let anyone say they cannot protest it. If they want to protest, go for it. If they want to demean others by their obnoxious beliefs, go for it. But i wont stand for anything less than respect and compliance to let others have their freedoms.

What you just said was an oxymoron...

Families have the right to a peaceful funeral...

BUT people can protest at the funeral

Which is it? Can the family have a peaceful funeral or can people protest at the funeral? Because having a protest at the funeral seems anything but peaceful...

I half agree with clumber, so let me put it this way.

After thinking about it I've decided that it's not their agenda or the fact that they're attacking a funeral that pisses me off. It's the fact that these satan worshippers are using their agenda to destroy the funeral when the persons involved in the funeral, namely the deceased, have absolutely nothing to do with the agenda of Westboro. The soldiers, as far as we know, are not gay. Westboro however has taken the liberty of either calling the dead soldiers gay, or claiming that God is punishing the country for accepting gays by killing it's soldiers.

The Bill of Rights does not protect these imbeciles with freedom of speech when their speech is nothing but lies designed by the architect of Westboro Baptist Church specifically to damage the well-being of innocent people. He should be locked up and never allowed to see the light of day again for, on top of all of that, making the outrageous claim that God has his back. On the contrary, Bubba will have his backside in the worst way if he continues his satanic ways.

The very act of protesting at a funeral turns people away from your cause, defeating the whole purpose of the protest in the first place.

says who?

What you just said was an oxymoron...

Families have the right to a peaceful funeral...

BUT people can protest at the funeral

Which is it? Can the family have a peaceful funeral or can people protest at the funeral? Because having a protest at the funeral seems anything but peaceful...

They have the right to a peaceful funeral, do it inside in one of those tomb/crypt things where you cant hear anythign thats going on outside.

The Bill of Rights does not protect these imbeciles with freedom of speech when their speech is nothing but lies designed by the architect of Westboro Baptist Church specifically to damage the well-being of innocent people. He should be locked up and never allowed to see the light of day again for, on top of all of that, making the outrageous claim that God has his back. On the contrary, Bubba will have his backside in the worst way if he continues his satanic ways.

I didnt know the bill of rights says you cant lie. hmm...but once again, here is yet another reason why religion shouldnt be. no one should have that much faith in something. and besides, these people are retarded, why protest a funeral (although its their right to), i mean wouldnt it be more productive to their cause to like try to raise satan in a pure second born childs body or something like that? Seems to me Phelps needs to rethink his priorities if his number 1 is to get satan in power (or whatever their goal is)

and for clarification, im not condoning what they're doing nor do i like the idea of it. but ill fight for their right to do it. but personally, i think its disgusting

Edited by The Reaper

Just a reminder here, keep things civil. Oh, and my whole take on things:

What does it say about the United States of America when these people have 'protested' at funerals of AIDS victims (including Ryan White) for nearly two decades and yet it is only when they start protesting at the funerals of soldiers that Americans do something about them?

Think about that for a moment...

(Who was Ryan White? http://www.ryanwhite.com/ )

Just a reminder here, keep things civil. Oh, and my whole take on things:

What does it say about the United States of America when these people have 'protested' at funerals of AIDS victims (including Ryan White) for nearly two decades and yet it is only when they start protesting at the funerals of soldiers that Americans do something about them?

Think about that for a moment...

B) .......What does it say for the media?? I was not aware that this group even existed until they came to Vegas to protest a "play" being done by a local High School. And only then it was made news in all the papers and tv, sadly I was unaware that they protested a Ryan Whites funeral until you pointed it out. :(

Edited by Benji

B) .......What does it say for the media?? I was not aware that this group even existed until they came to Vegas to protest a "play" being done by a local High School. And only then it was made news in all the papers and tv, sadly I was unaware that they protested a Ryan Whites funeral until you pointed it out. :(

dont watch or read the media, just more bs than any of us should take can take

Hmm, well, while I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment, it seems to me that war victims are simply less divisive than AIDS victims.

How sad. I was unfamiliar with his story until now.

dont watch or read the media, just more bs than any of us should take can take

LOL, well personally I don't watch the news or TV at all for that matter, but I understand that quite a few other people seem to enjoy it. **shrugs** let's just humour them ;):P:boy:

• Site Administrator
LOL, well personally I don't watch the news or TV at all for that matter, but I understand that quite a few other people seem to enjoy it. **shrugs** let's just humour them ;):P:boy:

I don't watch a lot of news or TV, preferring to get my news from the newspaper websites. However, I sometimes like to watch, just so I can get upset :D I've been told that raising the blood pressure occasionally is good for you 0:) (only joking).

I want Mr. Phelps and his buddies to come try that here. You've all seen videos of their protests, right? How the police don't ever seem to do very much to help them out?

Well, c'mon down to Mississippi and protest at a person's funeral who had tons of redneck relatives and see how long it takes to get pumped full of lead.

No one has the right to protest at a funeral. That's crossing a line of common decency, and if you do cross that line, you should expect to get the shit kicked out of you. If it's important enough to you, go ahead and pick up that sign. Just remember that you stand a good chance of picking up your teeth as well.

I want Mr. Phelps and his buddies to come try that here. You've all seen videos of their protests, right? How the police don't ever seem to do very much to help them out?

Well, c'mon down to Mississippi and protest at a person's funeral who had tons of redneck relatives and see how long it takes to get pumped full of lead.

No one has the right to protest at a funeral. That's crossing a line of common decency, and if you do cross that line, you should expect to get the shit kicked out of you. If it's important enough to you, go ahead and pick up that sign. Just remember that you stand a good chance of picking up your teeth as well.

B) ...............Between you and James S, well you Mississippi boys don't fool around, remind me not to make y'all angry :P