GA Get-Together (post-2007 and planning for 2008)

Trebs

2008 GA Get-together planning  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What city for 2008?

• New York City (and I'll probably go)
    • New York City (though I prob won't go)
    • Dallas, TX (and I'll probably go)
    • Dallas, TX (though I prob won't go)
  2. 2. What date(s) look good for you? (can choose more than 1)

• June 6-8, 2008 weekend
    • Nov 7-9, 2008 weekend
    • Dec 12-14, 2008 weekend

If we pick NYC, then just pretend we're really meeting in east east Philly and take the train over... :-)

And if it's Dallas - ummm...

South south Philly?!? Though, a plane would be better...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was truly a good time, though I have to say the view from twin peaks was amazing and even trumped diner for me. Thanks DK and Trebs for suggesting that. I had a good time even if I was a tad on the quiet side at diner.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to doing it again.

how could joe not look cute?

I agree, twin peaks was AMAZINGLY beautiful ( ;) ) I had a lot of fun meeting you all and definitely look forward to meeting more of you as time goes by. I think my total count is up to 12 members that I've met and I'm looking to increase it :) I'm not sure when I'll be free for another meeting, but if it's in Dallas then I'll be there for sure.

and don't be modest steve, you know how many people were looking at you as you walked by

I certainly wish I could have been there! Great pics, you guys :)

I voted for Dallas, because obviously since I live in Houston there's no way I wouldn't be able to make it. Even if I couldn't get the time off or something, I'd just call in sick if I had to since it would be so close. Incidentally I really was sick over that span of time so had I been able to attend and make plans I'd have either had to cancel them (unlikely) or spend the whole time feeling lousy (more likely :P ).

Anyway, I picked Dallas, but while Dallas would be so much easier, NYC would be so much more fun and would feel so much more like a "real vacation". Either way though I hope to make the next one :)

I voted for the big Apple, because its the cheapest solution for me :lol: .My chances to cross the Ocean are almost 1 %, but who knows, perhaps i could combine with a meeting with my old relatives in the States (if they remain alive till than)....

BTW, why not organize something similar among the European members ? Between GB, Germany, France, Italy (and Switzerland !), we should be enough to gather the same number of participants as in SF ! Perhaps somebody in GB (where the most European members live) could be interested ? What do you think about ?

That's a great idea, old Bob! I hope someone does organize one!

Take care all!

Kevin

Philly works too, but only through next semester. After that I'll be back home and commuting to New Brunswick every day *sigh*.

Nice pictures! Honestly, I thought Joe looked like he was about pass out or something, in pretty much every picture lmao. Aside from him and Viv I have no idea who the other people are in those pictures.

Nice Pictures, thanks for sharing! It's great to put some faces with screen names :)

Vic (who's extra giddy because if Joe is a fashion barometer - it seems that skinny ties are back in style and I have a ton of them from the late 80s :D )

I agree, twin peaks was AMAZINGLY beautiful ( ;) ) I had a lot of fun meeting you all and definitely look forward to meeting more of you as time goes by. I think my total count is up to 12 members that I've met and I'm looking to increase it :) I'm not sure when I'll be free for another meeting, but if it's in Dallas then I'll be there for sure.

and don't be modest steve, you know how many people were looking at you as you walked by

uh... :unsure: I wasnt paying attention. My eyes were elsewhere. ;)

:P

Trebs had the camera. Notice it wasn't just your ass. he had to take a pic of Manuel's ass too. Then again, since Manuel never visits the board, we don't have to worry about him getting upset. Hehe, and yes, for the people who have read Phone Call, he is THAT Manuel.

Just think though, David. When you were in the car, you were the only person in there who I had NOT had sex with. :)

P.S. You just reminded me there were more pics of you on the camera that we have to send you...pics we can't post here

I didn't notice anyone looking at Joe or Steve :unsure: of course I had no need to look at anyone else 0:) . Good thing joe likes to walk in front :P

:king: Dr. Mr. Snow Dog

It was dangerous standing next to LittleBuddhaTW, let me tell you. He'd get whiplash from whipping his head around between the two and the drool was just flying everywhere. Reminded me of Pavlov's...never mind.

Oh, and it's good to see you again Ice Dog, I mean Snow Cat, uh, oh well, Never Mind.

It sounds like you guys had an excellent time.

I wanted to go, but work conflicted this year(which really irritated me, Since I had the funds available). Who knew we would be putting hay in the barn in early November instead of the usual time of the year in August? :(

I voted for Dallas, Simply because I know for sure I can get away to go to Dallas anytime. Closer to christmastime is better, But if it's June then I can take a mid-summer break to run down and check on my grandma(since Dallas is 2/3 of the way there)

Of course, Vegas would be fun too!

It sounds like you guys had an excellent time.

I wanted to go, but work conflicted this year(which really irritated me, Since I had the funds available). Who knew we would be putting hay in the barn in early November instead of the usual time of the year in August? :(

I voted for Dallas, Simply because I know for sure I can get away to go to Dallas anytime. Closer to christmastime is better, But if it's June then I can take a mid-summer break to run down and check on my grandma(since Dallas is 2/3 of the way there)

Of course, Vegas would be fun too!

BTW - Welcome back, Tim!

I voted Dallas for the obvious reason that I live there, but I must say it won't be anything like the San Francisco trip. The cities are completely different and it might be harder to find some things to do, but I'm sure we can manage something.

Dallas is leading - and didn't you say we could all just crash with you Joe? Definately would keep down on the expenses, and I'd think that as no one would want/need to leave to see the sights, it wouldn't really matter if there were or weren't anything in the city to see...

:P

Yeah I'm not sure how my brother and sister would take a gay convention sleeping in the house. And there'd most likely be a party going on at the time unless it's in the summer.

P.S. HI MICHELLE! :D