[DomLuka] Is Dom really OK?

Is Dom really OK?

I know we have several threads going related to Dom's absence and his supposed return. Many of the comments have been speculative, such as "evil ISP" or 'evil boyfriend".

Dom's 11/16/07 blog entry sounds a little downbeat to me. I just re-read it and several preceding it and this latest blog just doesn't sound right. He mentions that he has a new dog, but there's no mention of the new boyfriend he moved in with around August 5 (see 8/5/07 post.). A little over three months passed between the two entries and there is no indication they are still together or that Dom has moved again.

He also mentions in the latest blog that he had written very little recently. There is no mention of any finished chapters; in the August 5 entry, he said he was working on chapter 25 of In the Fish Bowl. Where are chapters 21 through 24?

He said in the blog entry that he was having some e-mail problems. Judging from the PMs I sent him he hasn't read any e-mail since before Thanksgiving at the latest.

He says that he's "good" and had a good birthday, but that he is trying to get his "stuff" together. Where is his stuff and how much does he have?

I'm usually pretty patient and I don't think my concern is due to a lack of patience. It's just that his most recent...now rather old...communication with the GA community doesn't ring with any inspiration for me. There's no "life is good" feeling.

What do you think? I'm not looking for more speculation. I'm looking for some encouragement.

We all enjoy Dom's stories. I consider them excellent by any standards; exceptional for a 24 year old writer. I wish him good health and happiness.

Edited by MikeL

:huh:

I've got to take the time to do that sometimes. I know, not very specific. But I'm good. I hope everyone here is, too. I miss this place, and the people. Hope to come back more often soon.

Sounds to me like he's fine and he's chosen not to elaborate on the details. Basically, none of our business. He probably wants to keep some things private from the greater internet.

And Dom feeling good and being happy might mean pulling back from writing and participating at GA. If so, so be it. :worship:

Vic 'who takes Dom's word for it that he's good'

Edited by NaperVic
:huh:

Sounds to me like he's fine and he's chosen not to elaborate on the details. Basically, none of our business. He probably wants to keep some things private from the greater internet.

Vic 'who takes Dom's word for it that he's good'

I agree it does seems like he have something going on, a family thing or in any other personal level. But whatever it is, it's something that he don't want to elaborate and we have to get along with that decision.

He did say that he was good, so whatever it is, he's not in any danger.

About the 'not having written much', well if he had a situation well you can understand that in those time you might not have much inspiration to write. Sometime even a "little" break from writing is a good thing.

frenchcanadian

It's a pity but sometimes real life gets in the way of the internet...and visa versa!

Something probably is going on in his life. However it needn't be completely horrible or unmanageable, it might even be pleasant, or mostly neutral. Whatever it is it's probably preventing him from being on the internet much. I think we'll just have to accept that, wish Dom well, and hope that someday his time and motivation are such that he returns.

Just my thoughts,

Kevin

Merry Christmas, Dom and Domaholics.

We all trust Dom is well and I hope that all will have a Merry Christmas.

In my eyes are valentines

And easter eggs and new year's wine

But when my heart finds Christmas

My eyes will shine like new

All the days are kind to me

But fall too far behind to see

But when my heart finds Christmas

I hope it finds you too

Let the angels sing around us

Christmas time is here

Let our children's love surround us

Laughing and filled with cheer