100,000+ posts

NaperVic

• Site Administrator

I never noticed. That's not a statistics I pay much attention to.

However, congratulations to everyone who has helped GA reach that point :) That's a lot of chatting and conversing between members, and that shows a great community. Thank you to all of you -- even the lurkers who haven't posted anything. You're part of this community too :)

I never noticed. That's not a statistics I pay much attention to.

However, congratulations to everyone who has helped GA reach that point :) That's a lot of chatting and conversing between members, and that shows a great community. Thank you to all of you -- even the lurkers who haven't posted anything. You're part of this community too :)

You are the internet equivalent of the curtain-twitching old lady who never leaves the house...

Really, we are a great community, but not so big as it seems.

100'000 posts in 426 days, or 235 posts a day, its a lot, but look who participate :

18 members with more than 1'000 posts (you can imagine who !)

22 members between 1'000 and 500,

30 members between 500 and 250,

58 members between 100 and 250

122 members between 30 and 100

2'081 members between 1 and 30

2'490 members with 0 post.

The posting community is less than 2/1000 of all members :P and the 18 top postalcoholics (with more than 1'000 posts) are responsible for the 36,2 % of all posts :worship: .

It would be interesting to introduce an effectiveness-factor to appreciate each post, giving more "weight" to those which really mean something and bring a plus to the community. IMO, I could imagine that, with this calculation, the "posting" participation would be less than 0,001 of all members :lol:B):rolleyes:;) .

• Site Administrator
Thanks Graeme, for making even us lurkers feel welcome. :):hug:

I knew you were going to respond to that line, but I was feeling in a generous mood and left it in :P

Thanks for the stats, Bob!! But, umm, It's about 1720 days, becuase GA is about 4 1/2 years old. :) That means it's about 58 posts a day

on average. Hrmm, that must mean it was slower back at the beginning, because Greame alone posts more than that a day now. 0:)

Actually, I've never come close to 58 posts in a day. There's only two people I can think of who have... one of them being C James :P

I knew you were going to respond to that line, but I was feeling in a generous mood and left it in :P

Actually, I've never come close to 58 posts in a day. There's only two people I can think of who have... one of them being C James :P

Hasn't he done that at more than one time? just imagine what it would be if he weren't a shy lurker :P

WHOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

GO G.A!!!!!

congrats everyone :D

Exactly, Congrats everyone for making the forums as fun as it is now!

And by the way, so what if there's only a few of us that have 1,000 and that after there's a gap,, it always takes those people who "over" post to start the conversations.

Really, we are a great community, but not so big as it seems.

100'000 posts in 426 days, or 235 posts a day, its a lot, but look who participate :

18 members with more than 1'000 posts (you can imagine who !)

122 members between 30 and 100

2'081 members between 1 and 30

2'490 members with 0 post.

The posting community is less than 2/1000 of all members :P and the 18 top postalcoholics (with more than 1'000 posts) are responsible for the 36,2 % of all posts :worship: .

It would be interesting to introduce an effectiveness-factor to appreciate each post, giving more "weight" to those which really mean something and bring a plus to the community. IMO, I could imagine that, with this calculation, the "posting" participation would be less than 0,001 of all members :lol:B):rolleyes:;) .

I'm among the 122. I'm working on getting to 100. It takes time. Please, be patient! :P

• Site Administrator
And by the way, so what if there's only a few of us that have 1,000 and that after there's a gap,, it always takes those people who "over" post to start the conversations.

Strangely, I don't start that many conversations. I tend to react, rather than being proactive. I've always been that way, even since I started here.

Strangely, I don't start that many conversations. I tend to react, rather than being proactive. I've always been that way, even since I started here.

I tend to do a little of both, but only with reasons!

I think I have started one thread. Usually, I react as well.