[Shadowgod] Proof that Shadowgod is the King of Cliffhangers!

That's not the only concern. Chapters should not be rushed. It takes time and planning to get it right. :)

I totally agree, if you rush it,, you gonna end up with a result that you're not happy with, and that's not good. if a work need to be done, it gotta be done right.

B) .............Cliffhangers take planning?? :wacko:

If you want to make a good one yes,, you gotta build it,, gotta find the right way to express it so that you maximize it's effect

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worship: YES! Here we have another acknowledgment of Shadowgod's skill at Cliffhangers! :worship:

I totally agree, if you rush it,, you gonna end up with a result that you're not happy with, and that's not good. if a work need to be done, it gotta be done right.

If you want to make a good one yes,, you gotta build it,, gotta find the right way to express it so that you maximize it's effect

All jokes aside, yes you're right, a chapter cannot be rushed. I've tried that a time or two and regretted it.

I'm just glad that Shadowgod is writing again, and if we have to wait between chapters, we have to wait. :)

Although, I will, as a beta reader, say this; y'all should see the wicked, diabolical cliffhanger he has in Ch 9 of DnCW; Whew, it's a doozie! He's truly the :king:

• Site Administrator
Although, I will, as a beta reader, say this; y'all should see the wicked, diabolical cliffhanger he has in Ch 9 of DnCW; Whew, it's a doozie! He's truly the :king:

And as another beta reader, I should remind everyone that CJ can't be trusted when talking about the subjects of cliffhangers or Shadowgod. When he's talking about both, like he is here... well... let's just say that unless he's mastered time travel, there is no way he's seen chapter 9..... :P

:worship: YES! Here we have another acknowledgment of Shadowgod's skill at Cliffhangers! :worship:

All jokes aside, yes you're right, a chapter cannot be rushed. I've tried that a time or two and regretted it.

I'm just glad that Shadowgod is writing again, and if we have to wait between chapters, we have to wait. :)

You always use his awesome cliffhanging abilities to deny your own. It's such a pity, because I have a difficult time deciding which one of you is better.

B) ..............Sorry, I forget a lot of you guys are still in school, and I do appreciate it when a new chapter comes out, given with your time-driven schedules. Take your time! ;)

Yup...school plays a major spoiler for us still-going writers.... Take the Spring anthology, for example... My exams start on 25th and finish on 12th. Damn! And I am still just half-way through the story.... :blink:

Indeed they do. A badly done cliffhanger can ruin a story totally.

:)

Indeed they do. A badly done cliffhanger can ruin a story totally.

:)

B) ........... <_< Ummm! surely you are aware my "cliffhanger" comment was in jest, cause the goat never does cliffhangers, then he wouldn't plan it would he :D

Or we could talk about the fact that you are the one and only rival to begin with. B)

Nooo! Shadowgod is the unrivaled master of the cliffhanger. I happen to know that he planned LiS 26 for months; building up to it, setting the stage, that ominous motorcycle appearing time and again... Yes, that was consummate skill at the cliffhanger! (Even though I don't use 'em myself, I'm a pretty good judge of 'em)

Besides, we now have an election underway... Now is the time to put aside our minor differences, and rally behind Shadowgod as he defends his title! :2hands:

• Site Administrator
Besides, we now have an election underway... Now is the time to put aside our minor differences, and rally behind Shadowgod as he defends his title! :2hands:

This is becoming a vicious circle. I don't think Shadowgod has anything to defend. After all, it is only you that has a title that an open and honest poll bestowed a title upon. I would say you are the undisputed incumbent to the title. Shadowgod is merely a write in name on the ballot that is not of his choosing. He probably has the potential of Ross Perot does to the presidency :P .

Steve B)

This is becoming a vicious circle. I don't think Shadowgod has anything to defend. After all, it is only you that has a title that an open and honest poll bestowed a title upon. I would say you are the undisputed incumbent to the title. Shadowgod is merely a write in name on the ballot that is not of his choosing. He probably has the potential of Ross Perot does to the presidency :P .

Steve B)

B) .......Vicious circle?? I would venture this may turn out to be yearly tug-of-war for the title :P

Steve B)

Now, now, Wildone, how soon you forget... We had an election, right here in this very forum, where the very first question was "Is Shadowgod the king of evil cliffhangers?" Yep, it's here. And of yourse, the answer to that question was an acclamation of Shadowgod's title. :worship:

So, therefor, Shadowgod does have a title to defend (one also affirmed by a select GA committee). And of course, we, his loyal readers, must rally to his side and help him defend his title! :2hands:

B) .......Vicious circle?? I would venture this may turn out to be yearly tug-of-war for the title :P

Tug of war? Or would that be push of war? :lmao:

Now, now, Wildone, how soon you forget... We had an election, right here in this very forum, where the very first question was "Is Shadowgod the king of evil cliffhangers?" Yep, it's here. And of yourse, the answer to that question was an acclamation of Shadowgod's title. :worship:

So, therefor, Shadowgod does have a title to defend (one also affirmed by a select GA committee). And of course, we, his loyal readers, must rally to his side and help him defend his title! :2hands:

Tug of war? Or would that be push of war? :lmao:

B) ........Only you and the Shadow know!

if i can accept that i am a prolific poster, he can also accept that he is the queen of eeevil cliffies... :P

CJ will NEVER admit to using evil cliffhangers. And I guess some might say that I am a prolific poster. I have no idea why they might think that. I'm not even in the Top 20. 0:)

CJ will NEVER admit to using evil cliffhangers. And I guess some might say that I am a prolific poster. I have no idea why they might think that. I'm not even in the Top 20. 0:)

with your awesome rate of posting, you'll be there in no time...already you have the second best posting rate of a tad over 7 per day...

• Site Administrator

Give it a week Mr. 23 :P

As far as CJ admitting that he uses cliffhangers, I really don't see this happening anytime soon. It really wouldn't really surprise me that if when the end finally comes, his tombstone reads something like:

CJames

1971-20XX

RIP

NO THIS IS NOT

A CLIFFHANGER

Well let's hope that the final tallies are up very closely after the 16th, and then we will really know who has the sole claim to the title
:D .

Steve B)

Edit to Add: Does anyone really know the average age of a goat? Assuming they are not destined for the slaughter house :P

Edited by wildone

B) .....Ahem, you joined on Halloween of last year and have your sights set on the top twenty already? B)

Give it a week Mr. 23 :P

As far as CJ admitting that he uses cliffhangers, I really don't see this happening anytime soon. It really wouldn't really surprise me that if when the end finally comes, his tombstone reads something like:

CJames

1971-20XX

RIP

NO THIS IS NOT

A CLIFFHANGER

Well let's hope that the final tallies are up very closely after the 16th, and then we will really know who has the sole claim to the title
:D .

Steve B)

ROFLMAO!!! That was awesome, Steve!! I sure hope that CJ wins, but for me, the mother of all cliffhangers was not in FTL nor in LiS (as CJ claims).

For me, the mother of all Cliffies was in dkstories's Do Over Saga when he.....wait....that'd be a spoiler....oops, Sorry Graeme... 0:)

B) .....Ahem, you joined on Halloween of last year and have your sights set on the top twenty already? B)

Now, that's prolific!