Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play 25: Fact Finding

Jon bought the GPS, not Brandon.

:o ........Wait a minute!!

The salesman quickly produced the specified units, showing Eric several models while explaining the differences. Selecting one by pointing at it, Eric said, "Ring it up, and gift wrap it, please."

Brandon was shocked when he heard the twelve-hundred-dollar price. Eric noticed his friend's ill-concealed shocked expression, giving him a quick re-assuring wink and a smile as he waited for the salesman to wrap the package.

On their way down in the elevator, Eric said to Jerry in a quiet voice, "Thanks for the help back there, I think he was trying to sell me junk, and he almost did."

Edited by Benji
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Bondwriter to write more upcoming scenes. :great: That last one was terrific! :2thumbs:

Great chapter, CJ!!! :worship:

Of course, J/S will find the GPS. Two reasons: CJ will want to make things antsy right there in Australia...I can't wait; Graeme keeps arguing that even if J/S finds the GPS he won't be able to connect it with our guys. 0:) Yeah, right!

Conner

• Site Administrator
But back on the subject of the GPS, even if he remembers the exact model, we would need to know the popularity of that model to know if it is damning evidence against Chase. If it didn't sell a lot (or if it isn't sold in Australia), then it would be a very strong pointer to Instinct. On the other hand, if it was a very popular model, it wouldn't be as strong indicator. The Scar would still be suspicious, but he appears to need Instinct as a cover for transporting the bombs, and he won't jeopardise that on just a suspicion.

So your telling me that based on the fact that they all are at an isolated, private secured resort with very limited guests, that J/S will have to consider the fact that there might be others there that happen to have the same GPS that he helped Eric pick out for Chase who could have possibly attached to his recently swept vehicle? :o (and no, that isn't me gasping for breath after that run on sentence :P ).

Okay, CJ is the author, so it isn't beyond grasp :D

Back to the story, I've noticed that the other guys have come to rely on Brandon whenever they need something practical done, or to put a bit of common-sense into the situation. Brandon hasn't commented on it yet, but does anyone think it'll eventually get to the point where he blows up at Jon and Eric and tells them to do something for themselves? While they are better now, Jon and Eric have past form with taking advantage of others (look at how they tried to get out of Charity's blackmail, and earlier when Chase decided to practise his drums in their room after a heavy night of drinking....)

I kind of alluded to the same thing in my earlier post. It seems Brandon is going along with the brother's ideas and suggestions without questioning too much other than to Chase. It seems Brandon is really the only one who is uncomfortable with the road that they are travelling, but doesn't want to rock the boat since he is the new guy. Not sure if he will tell Jon and Eric to do something themselves, but I do believe there will be a few 'I told you so"s' to Chase very quickly. Maybe as they are strapped to a nuclear device awaiting the demonstration :nuke: :o:mellow: !

Now about the comment about calling Lump, I imagine that Joe must have some information about dear old dad. I can't see them living together for so many years without him have the slightest inclination of what J/S is up to. Also, I am beginning to believe the J/S has a lot more to do with Joe's fall into booze and drugs the more I think about it. J/S has apparently (mentioned by CJ) only carried on the homosexual act with the band and associates. This probably means that Joe is not even aware of his dad's act. Since he could be the one to "in" his dad (that is the opposite of 'out', right? :P ), wouldn't J/S want him drugged up or even dead in order to protect his true identity?

It will be interesting to see how CJ ties in the concert and the demonstration and the delivering of the pictures to whomever. I do believe this is actually all going to happen in Australia around the same time, as really CJ hasn't really given any foretelling into anything past the concert down under.

I like to bring up another point, back in Chapter 20 Helen and Eric were talking about the paparazi and how Jim and his contacts were going to be brought on board:

In this case, it
  • Site Administrator
So your telling me that based on the fact that they all are at an isolated, private secured resort with very limited guests, that J/S will have to consider the fact that there might be others there that happen to have the same GPS that he helped Eric pick out for Chase who could have possibly attached to his recently swept vehicle? :o (and no, that isn't me gasping for breath after that run on sentence :P ).

Okay, I'll concede... :P

Helen says Jim can't do anything in Europe, but Australia is another matter. Does this mean that Jim has contacts in Australia? I would assume (Graeme, correct me if I'm wrong), that organinzed bike gangs like the Hell's Angles have chapters in Australia. Could there be some people watching out for the band already, without anyone but Helen and Gunter knowing?

Yes, we have organised bike gangs -- the Hells Angels being one. I don't know how their presence compares with the USA, though. They make the news here from time to time, but generally stay out of the limelight. I don't know much about them, apart from the Ulysses club, whose motto is "Growing Old Disgracefully". That particular biker "gang" has a junior membership for those between 40-50 (I think) and you don't get a full membership you're 50+. They have a generally good reputation.

There is also an annual toy drive in December run by the biker gangs, and a blood donation drive each Summer -- they don't all have the reputation of the Hells Angels.

However, I don't think there will be anything at the time of the story. There may be something in place once the concerts start, but even there, I doubt it. It is more likely that Jim has managed to establish a contact with one group in Australia, so we might get some 'protection' at one location, but that's about it.

Jon bought the GPS, not Brandon.

I was of course perfectly aware of this. :whistle: The reason I reproduced this extract, actually obtained from an anonymous source (who belongs to an endangered species, which is why I won't give it away for any reason), was to show that The Scar might mix and confuse Instinct's members, whom he loathes, but that he wouldn't confuse a GPS model for another one.

Back to the story, I've noticed that the other guys have come to rely on Brandon whenever they need something practical done, or to put a bit of common-sense into the situation. Brandon hasn't commented on it yet, but does anyone think it'll eventually get to the point where he blows up at Jon and Eric and tells them to do something for themselves? While they are better now, Jon and Eric have past form with taking advantage of others (look at how they tried to get out of Charity's blackmail, and earlier when Chase decided to practise his drums in their room after a heavy night of drinking....)
I kind of alluded to the same thing in my earlier post. It seems Brandon is going along with the brother's ideas and suggestions without questioning too much other than to Chase. It seems Brandon is really the only one who is uncomfortable with the road that they are travelling, but doesn't want to rock the boat since he is the new guy. Not sure if he will tell Jon and Eric to do something themselves, but I do believe there will be a few 'I told you so"s' to Chase very quickly. Maybe as they are strapped to a nuclear device awaiting the demonstration :nuke: :o:mellow: !

I really didn't read Brandon as Graeme did, and more as Steve. On top of being the new guy, and maybe not inclined in any manner to rock star antics, he also doesn't belong to the family. Plus I saw him as better in a certain number of ways, hence why the brothers would rely on him more than use him.

I want Bondwriter to write more upcoming scenes. :great: That last one was terrific! :2thumbs:

Thanks a lot, Conner. Sadly enough, I didn't write this, but bought it from an insider who has access to the text. And I paid a fine amount, of course. My only problem that so far, evry time I was given a sneak preview, it disappeared from CJ's version which I eventually got. I suspect some animal conspiracy.

I can't comment on the speculation, other than to say WOW! Thanks!! :)

The Scar's car; it'e mentioned way back when Dimitri first arrived in Australia that he's left it in long-term parking. I don't say explicitly beyond that, but given that detail we can assume it is either owned or leased. :)

And what? Ciffhangers? I never use those! 0:)

I had fun with the scar's lines; he loves irony, so double entendres seemed a natural for him. :)

I really thought the question at the end "What could Jerry do?" was very reassuring. After all, it's not like he's all that bad a guy. What's the worst he could do? 0:)

And yes, that line about Eric being picked on but no one was buying... Yep, I immediately thought of me in this forum when I wrote that. :lmao:

And Echidna! You can't give spoilers; you're the fanatically anti-spoiler Echidna!! Come now, surely you must see the need to make a pincushion of yourself for this? :P

Okay, now, a serious note on The Scar. The Scar isn't perfect; he's got weaknesses and failings, just lile anyone else. And yes, Vladimer is driving him crazy. :) So, for many reasons, he will make mistakes. Whether they will be consequential or not, though, is anyone's guess.

BTW, yes, we now know where Instinct got its name; Eric's uncanny instinct regarding people. He's disliked Jerry from the day they met, even before the shopping trip. However, it only works once he gets to know a person. That's why he didn't beg Charity (the blackmailing girl) and that';s why it took him a while to be sure about Jerry, and longer still to bring the issue up again. .

I think Eric and Jerry had fun drinking together. I should get them together more often, don't you think? :)

• Site Administrator
And Echidna! You can't give spoilers; you're the fanatically anti-spoiler Echidna!! Come now, surely you must see the need to make a pincushion of yourself for this? :P

I didn't give a spoiler. I'm fully expecting you to change the chapter before it gets posted (as you've done for every other chapter I've seen), so it is quite possible that the words "Brandon" and "Chase" won't appear in the final version... 0:)

Back to the story for a moment (don't worry, this won't take long). The stage (pun intended) is set -- we have a moderate amount of information about The Scar and his plot (thought not all of it) and have strong suspicions on the role Instinct plays in those plans. We're now just waiting for the fuse to be lit and for the plot to explode. When will that happen and what will be the trigger?

My suspicion is that Joe Clump has to play a part in that -- otherwise why is he making a reappearance in the story after all this time?

i agree, Lump will have a major role to play and judging by CJ's knack of turning bad guys good in the last moments (read:FTL) , me thinks Lump'll actually be useful for the band... :)

I really have to agree on that,, I can really see him come in and save the day. but I'm not sure on how quickly this will happen, the last time we've heard of him, was that he was attempting suicide. Usually, they earn a stay in hospital for a couple of days. Therefore, It won't be an immediate thing,,, maybe once he gets sober enough, or he will reveal things that will uncover his dad.

Is it even possible for an Echidna to do that?

I really have to agree on that,, I can really see him come in and save the day. but I'm not sure on how quickly this will happen, the last time we've heard of him, was that he was attempting suicide. Usually, they earn a stay in hospital for a couple of days. Therefore, It won't be an immediate thing,,, maybe once he gets sober enough, or he will reveal things that will uncover his dad.

B) ..........I can only see Lumps role as another distraction to J/S, the suicide "attempt" and "death" of a former lead singer of a popular group would have to hit the newspapers by now. And with Helen and the band being aware of that, it would force Jerry to go make some type of arrangements, something he would not want to do as he would wind up in the limelight. Lumps "recovery" could still cause J/S grief, but I doubt Lump knows anything of his fathers ambitions, other than the shipping business, unless Jerry was in on the siponing of the bands funds early on. ;) But than again, CJ is a wily goat, Brandon should have been outted in the newspaper after the concert Phoenix.

B) ..........I can only see Lumps role as another distraction to J/S, the suicide "attempt" and "death" of a former lead singer of a popular group would have to hit the newspapers by now. And with Helen and the band being aware of that, it would force Jerry to go make some type of arrangements, something he would not want to do as he would wind up in the limelight. Lumps "recovery" could still cause J/S grief, but I doubt Lump knows anything of his fathers ambitions, other than the shipping business, unless Jerry was in on the siponing of the bands funds early on. ;) But than again, CJ is a wily goat, Brandon should have been outted in the newspaper after the concert Phoenix.

Ya, exactly,, I'm kinda wondering why we haven't heard of it in chapter 25,,, usually that kind of news spread pretty fast.

and benji, you also remembered me that we have yet to see how and when the media will find out that Brendan is indeed gay and going out with Chase,,, B)

Ya, exactly,, I'm kinda wondering why we haven't heard of it in chapter 25,,, usually that kind of news spread pretty fast.

and benji, you also remembered me that we have yet to see how and when the media will find out that Brendan is indeed gay and going out with Chase,,, B)

B) ............Knowing CJ, he will probably end the book without revealing this to us. Another evil CLIFFHANGER

B) ............Knowing CJ, he will probably end the book without revealing this to us. Another evil CLIFFHANGER

Be careful, Benji. He'll play all sweet and innocent, saying that he "never uses Evil Cliffhangers!" :lol:

• Site Administrator
wut??? :blink: :wacko: I thought we had all agreed that it wasn't a cliffhanger merely a simple tense ending

"all agreed"? Definitely not. While some people might have considered it to be just a simple tense ending, some people definitely consider it to be a cliffhanger. :mace: I think the only thing we may have agreed on is to agree to disagree....

"all agreed"? Definitely not. While some people might have considered it to be just a simple tense ending, some people definitely consider it to be a cliffhanger. :mace: I think the only thing we may have agreed on is to agree to disagree....

:wacko: Oh I thought I could throw in a fast one here :PB) yup, we'll never manage to agree,, tho we'll have a start of answer after the awards

I think Sacha might be hankering for the goat. That is the only reasonable explanation for his dissention.

:wacko: Oh I thought I could throw in a fast one here :PB) yup, we'll never manage to agree,, tho we'll have a start of answer after the awards

We most certainly will. I have a choice to make between two, and I shall not reveal which one... EVER.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..