Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

changes to LTMP 40

There were two errors in LTMP 40, "Greylag Goose", that I've changed.

In the prior chapter, I mentioned CO2 emissions from a faulty keroseane heater, but it's supposed to be CO: Carbon Monoxide. I changed that, but stupidly forgot that I'd used the same term in 40, so I changed Dimitri's reference of CO2 to carbon monoxide in 40, too. Sorry.

Also, I goofed regarding Chase's laptop. In fact, I goofed twice. It was pointed out during beta that using a modem to connect to a dialup account via a cell phone is rather antiquated, so I changed it to a nonspecific of just using a cell phone to connect a laptop to the net. However, I forgot that I'd used the word "modem" in a prior sentence, so I have changed it. It now reads:

Chase shook his head; his laptop was able to connect to the Internet WiFi, but he had no idea how to connect it to a cell phone. Jon, sitting across from Brandon and Chase, said,
There were two errors in LTMP 40, "Greylag Goose", that I've changed.

In the prior chapter, I mentioned CO2 emissions from a faulty keroseane heater, but it's supposed to be CO: Carbon Monoxide. I changed that, but stupidly forgot that I'd used the same term in 40, so I changed Dimitri's reference of CO2 to carbon monoxide in 40, too. Sorry.

Also, I goofed regarding Chase's laptop. In fact, I goofed twice. It was pointed out during beta that using a modem to connect to a dialup account via a cell phone is rather antiquated, so I changed it to a nonspecific of just using a cell phone to connect a laptop to the net. However, I forgot that I'd used the word "modem" in a prior sentence, so I have changed it. It now reads:

Sorry for the goofs, and my sincere thanks to those who pointed them out to me. :)

B) .......With all the evil cliffhangers you leave in your chapters, you worry about small errors????????? Suck it up Goat!!

Well, we all make mistakes. At some point, I have a few mistakes to fix in Dark Earth: The Prophecy. That should be a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up, CJ. :2thumbs:

Thanks Tim!

One suggestion; it's easier to fix mistakes a chapter at a time than to try and go back and fix them to an entire story. I'm still slogging through FTL trying to fix deficiencies in my writing, and it is a slow process. :)

B) .......With all the evil cliffhangers you leave in your chapters, you worry about small errors????????? Suck it up Goat!!

Cliffhangers?!!?!? :o

But I can honestly say that the first 40 chapters of LTMP are comparatively cliffhanger-free!

BTW, LTMP will have 46 chapters, plus an epilogue. I still need to do some polishing, and of course the beta and editing process, but the writing phase of LTMP is over. :)

Thanks Tim!

One suggestion; it's easier to fix mistakes a chapter at a time than to try and go back and fix them to an entire story. I'm still slogging through FTL trying to fix deficiencies in my writing, and it is a slow process. :)

Cliffhangers?!!?!? :o

But I can honestly say that the first 40 chapters of LTMP are comparatively cliffhanger-free!

BTW, LTMP will have 46 chapters, plus an epilogue. I still need to do some polishing, and of course the beta and editing process, but the writing phase of LTMP is over. :)

Cliffhanger free? I think not. Chapter 37 was definitely a cliffhanger. Sorry, but I have to include 40 and 19 as well. Those are evil cliffhangers. There are different levels of cliffhangers. Level A is "Damn!" Level B is "Holy S**t!" Level C is Holy <f bombin'> s**t!" :o I put Chapter 37 at Level C; Chapter 40 is at level A. Chapter 19 is at Level B. I can honestly say that I have yet to write a Level A. 0:)

Cliffhanger free? I think not. Chapter 37 was definitely a cliffhanger. Sorry, but I have to include 40 and 19 as well. Those are evil cliffhangers. There are different levels of cliffhangers. Level A is "Damn!" Level B is "Holy S**t!" Level C is Holy <f bombin'> s**t!" :o I put Chapter 37 at Level C; Chapter 40 is at level A. Chapter 19 is at Level B. I can honestly say that I have yet to write a Level A. 0:)

Alright, if chapter 37 can be considered a cliffhanger ending as it ended in the middle of the action where the plane could have crash or shot down at anytime. Chapter 40, that's not a cliffhanger, the guy is dead! Instinct is not under fire anymore and no one of the good guys are injured enough that we fear to their life. Therefore, that's not a cliffhanger

I put 37 at b, 40 isn't that high of a cliffe :P

I just caught up with the story and I have to agree you got some nice cliffies there C.J. :rolleyes:

You write a story like a Grisham novel meets Hollywood's "Sex, Scandal, and videotape" with a lot of intrigue, character build-up, and fun. Can't wait to read the next 6 chapters. Also, shame on you for creating that allusion of "lost to the world" to cause such great fear that our heroes would die, hehe.

Thank you for the great story.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..