Inspired by what the "last post wins" thread had evolved into, this topic exists as a way to pass the day away in a chatroom-like atmosphere, while still being on GA all the time, and letting the admins/mods see what we're up to unlike what would happen in a more traditional chatroom. That's how much we love GA! :wub:

Although Tim, Benji, BK, Rose & Gary are the primary posters in this thread, we welcome everyone to stop by and join the insanity that usually rules here. This is far from being an exclusive club! :)

This is where we say our hellos most days. Where we watch as Benji whines about the dickwad who screwed up his lunch. See Tim and Gary duke it out to discover who is the most depressed. See BK pop-in when his mother hasn't confiscated his notebook and add his always thoughtful and often funny comments. Oh, and let's not forget Rose who cackles her way in and out of the ongoing discussions.

Frequent visitors include Drewbie, clumber, Procyon White, Demetz and others.

OK, so let's get things going here.

Good afternoon everyone except BK. For you it's good morning. Where are you? You're usually on GA when it's about 1:50 AM where he live.

Tim, congrats on reaching 3,000 posts. The thread you started about Tigerly Advice was so fantastic.

Wah, I miss Benji when he has these long weekends.

I'm spending the day beta-reading the conclusion to one of Tiff's stories. Then I'm gonna dive back into reading more of Nick's stories. I did his short stories yesterday. Today I want to start on his serials.

G-d, it is so hot and humid here. There is absolutely no way anyone could entice me into going outdoors. June-September are so not the times to visit Miami. You go out for a few minutes and come back in soaking wet from sweat and with a bad attitude to-boot cause the humidity makes everyone miserable.

CJ, if we get out of hand will you please spank our bare bottoms until they tingle? :P

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliment, Gary. I too am doing a bit of beta reading today. I have to get caught up on BMAD. :D Anyway, I am also going to work on Chapter 14 of Dark Earth: The Prophecy, because I want to start writing 1,000 words a day. :)

I want to start writing 1,000 words a day. :)

I'm trying to enforce a new discipline on myself Tim.

I want weekends to be reserved for me to enjoy reading GA which is why I came here in the first place; thanks again Jack Scribe.

Weekdays will be when I focus on beta-reading and editing stories That's my way of giving something back to GA's authors who have worked so hard to give us quality stories to read.

Sheesh, I'm already on my third double-espresso today, and I feel like having another one.

I have to get caught up on BMAD.

:( I have a new chapter of that and one for Carl that I'm not editing today.

I probably should be but my hip is a bit achy, I've been wide awake since six this morning and I'm cranky. I don't edit when I'm cranky, otherwise the chapter looks like a victim of a slasher movie. :blink:

I don't edit when I'm cranky, otherwise the chapter looks like a victim of a slasher movie. :blink:

I tried that once and the result did look like a slasher movie. Made the author really mad too. Not a good thing to do to our authors.

Ah! It feels great to have a place of our own where we can kick back and relax...Thanks, Gary, for that wonderful welcome and introduction...You made it seem like my Mom was a Hitler!! :lol: (Pssst...How the hell did you come to know??!!)

Well, I am out of station right now and will return tonight. Then I am again pushing off for an Adventure Camp in the Hills of the great Himalayas.... I will post about the trip, that is to last for ten days, in my blog when I return.

That means I will be offline for the better part of this month... :( It gives me withdrawal symptoms when I am away from GA for long periods!! :lol:

So, I have a five-hour journey ahead of me in another 3 hours....will reach home by 8pm (it is 12.30 pm here).... Then will do the packing and stuff for the camp!

:)

BeaStKid

Ah! It feels great to have a place of our own where we can kick back and relax...Thanks, Gary, for that wonderful welcome and introduction...You made it seem like my Mom was a Hitler!! :lol: (Pssst...How the hell did you come to know??!!)

Well, I am out of station right now and will return tonight. Then I am again pushing off for an Adventure Camp in the Hills of the great Himalayas.... I will post about the trip, that is to last for ten days, in my blog when I return.

That means I will be offline for the better part of this month... :( It gives me withdrawal symptoms when I am away from GA for long periods!! :lol:

So, I have a five-hour journey ahead of me in another 3 hours....will reach home by 8pm (it is 12.30 pm here).... Then will do the packing and stuff for the camp!

:)

BeaStKid

B) ..........Morning all, ('cept Bk afternoon/evening to you) nice thread Gary! I had an absolute blast this past weekend, those rides were awesome, especially the freeze ride, side note; I think I shrunk another inch from the compression.

B) ..........Morning all, ('cept Bk afternoon/evening to you) nice thread Gary! I had an absolute blast this past weekend, those rides were awesome, especially the freeze ride, side note; I think I shrunk another inch from the compression.

Ah, as long as the important parts don't shrink... :P

I'm jealous though! You were able to go on rides!

And I had to study :(

Ah, as long as the important parts don't shrink... :P

I'm jealous though! You were able to go on rides!

And I had to study :(

B) ........I'm surprised that I went on every ride, some were downright scary!!!

...Feeling young? :devil:

:P ......Perhaps foolish too, I had flashes of back & neck injury conjured in my head. But I wasn't going to pass up riding with these hot guys B)

Welcome home BK. It's gonna suck to not have you around for most of the month. :(

Benji, if you tell me you got to sit next to Joe, Mason or Steve I am gonna be so jealous I might explode. BTW, I'm glad you had a good time.

Hi Zilar. wave2.gif

Edited by GaryInMiami
Welcome home BK. It's gonna suck to not have you around for most of the month. :(

Benji, if you tell me you got to sit next to Joe, Mason or Steve I am gonna be so jealous I might explode. BTW, I'm glad you had a good time.

Hi Zilar. wave2.gif

B) ............I had a great time...(ah, go ahead and be jealous) :P

If the mood suits me later, I may write, though probably something dark. Ugh... I am such an idiot. I am half-tempted to just put up this computer and never be online again. Does anyone want a computer?

If the mood suits me later, I may write, though probably something dark. Ugh... I am such an idiot. I am half-tempted to just put up this computer and never be online again. Does anyone want a computer?

:( ........What's the problem???

Stop talking like an idiot Tim. Right now. You did what you thought was best. It's not your fault if some people won't listen to reason.

Benji I am so jealous.

Stop talking like an idiot Tim. Right now. You did what you thought was best. It's not your fault if some people won't listen to reason.

Benji I am so jealous.

B) .....I gotta agree, stop beating yourself up Tiger. S_it happens!!

B) .....I gotta agree, stop beating yourself up Tiger. S_it happens!!

Ben, it sometimes takes the wisdom that comes with age to realize that not everything in life will happen the way you want it to happen. You and I have the benefit of that perspective. The best we can do is try to share it with others. Anyway, I spoke with Tim on the phone for awhile and things seem to be more under control than they were earlier. That's the best we can hope for now. And I think that's all I should say about this in public.

Ben, it sometimes takes the wisdom that comes with age to realize that not everything in life will happen the way you want it to happen. You and I have the benefit of that perspective. The best we can do is try to share it with others. Anyway, I spoke with Tim on the phone for awhile and things seem to be more under control than they were earlier. That's the best we can hope for now. And I think that's all I should say about this in public.

<_< .....Duh, about the public, I wouldn't ask anyway. Like I said S-it happens, move on.

Hi Gary :wave:

Awww, Tiger :(

I hope you feel better now :hug:

The secret to making any cat feel better is knowing exactly how to rub their tummy to elicit that wonderful purring sound. Tigers are no exception. :)

The secret to making any cat feel better is knowing exactly how to rub their tummy to elicit that wonderful purring sound. Tigers are no exception. :)

You just have to be wary of our deadly bites and scratches. ;)