Your Avatar, and what does it mean?

Phantom

(This is a spin off of what does your screename Moderators please move this topic if needed B) )

Hey guys, I've noticed on here that avatars don't really change and it lead me to two questions:

1. What does your avatar mean

2. Why did you choose it to represent you?

My avatar is of a digital hooded figure, probably representing digital death. I think it best represents how I, like the hooded figure, belong to the digital open-source underground and hope for the death of closed source systems (down with Microsoft!)

now its your turn! what does yours mean? give GA members a little more insight to you!

1. My avatar is a tiger, one of my favorite creatures and also my screen name. 2. I chose it because I am fond of tigers as they are magnificent creatures, powerful ambush predators who can take down animals twice their size. They're also beautiful and majestic. I like to think I have some of their attributes as well. :)

• Site Moderator

My avatar is a picture of a t-shirt for the roller coaster The Talon. It shows a set of talons about to grab something. I'd use a photo of the sign, but it would have to be cropped too much to fit.

1. My avatar is a tiger, one of my favorite creatures and also my screen name. 2. I chose it because I am fond of tigers as they are magnificent creatures, powerful ambush predators who can take down animals twice their size. They're also beautiful and majestic. I like to think I have some of their attributes as well. :)

0:) .........I don't know how to explain it, I'm innocent you know!

Mine is Rodolfo Chikilicuatre, a Eurovision 2008 Participant for Spain and the reason is that he represent foreign things to be seen and enjoyed and that's what I am, a unique and foreign-born (I'm born in Germany but as an naturalized American citizen) which to be seen and enjoyed by my boyfriend, Robbie.

And no, I'm not Hispanic, I'm white

ummm......my avitar is, uh, me. I chose it because I....ummmm.....don't know any better? :P

....it just brings all the boys to my yard, I mean my profile :lol:

G

ummm......my avitar is, uh, me. I chose it because I....ummmm.....don't know any better? :P

....it just brings all the boys to my yard, I mean my profile :lol:

G

I like your avatar a lot. I love the facial hair especially too. Did I mention that you're hot? :wub:

I like your avatar a lot. I love the facial hair especially too. Did I mention that you're hot? :wub:

hahaha, strangely enough I hear that from time to time :P

I love the 'rugged' look, mostly because I'm lazy but I think I look really pale in that picture....damn flashes in the dark!

Thanks Tiger :wub:

hahaha, strangely enough I hear that from time to time :P

Fancy that. Where is your photo gallery by the way?

I picked my avatar on a whim out of the general icons the board provides. It's a pokemon, Abra if I remember correctly.

I like my telekinetic kit. It looks cool.

hmm, I really should respond in this thread like I did the username thread. Let's just say that the avatar comes from the same thing that the "Dr. Mr." comes from and really is best unsaid. As I said there, those that know, know why. Let it suffice that I like penguins.

:king: Dr. Mr. Snow :snowy: Dog

Ah, and if you like myk's avatar, you should see his water polo picture 0:)

Mine is a picture of the two rings Dan and I wear since being a couple... :wub:

I'll updated after July 2, 2009 with the nicer bling :D

As to Myk - water polo is ok, but the rope-swing pics are MUCH better... 0:)

My avatar is an artist's rendering of a wind farm proposed for construction in the California desert. My major in college is Mechanical Engineering and the field I want to get into is alternative energy -- be it solar, fuel cell, wind, whatever, I love it!

Mine is Rodolfo Chikilicuatre, a Eurovision 2008 Participant for Spain and the reason is that he represent foreign things to be seen and enjoyed and that's what I am, a unique and foreign-born (I'm born in Germany but as an naturalized American citizen) which to be seen and enjoyed by my boyfriend, Robbie.

And no, I'm not Hispanic, I'm white

You just got it today right? (or am I really that unobservant that I didn't notice till now?!)

I picked my avatar on a whim out of the general icons the board provides. It's a pokemon, Abra if I remember correctly.

I like my telekinetic kit. It looks cool.

Yeah I like it, it's adorable.

The water polo picture is my favourite of Greg as well.

So mine, well first off it's really my second avatar. Actually, technically speaking it's my 3rd or 4th (can't remember which for sure, but I know I had at least one other early one, but I didn't have it/them very long). My other main one was of course the pirate avatar that I had for around two years. There aren't many 'pirates' left on the site nowadays, but there were quite a few at one point!

I finally just decided it was time for an update several months ago. I picked it because I thought it suited my personality. Mostly it looks like the avatar guy is laid back and peaceful (at least that's the vibe I get from it), but also 'fun', friendly, and out-going. I feel like I have those qualities most of the time. Plus I thought the avatar was cute and roughly matched my looks: dirty blond/ash hair - I've been going for a more subdued colour recently - fairly light skin tone, and most notably an odd necklace/pendant around his neck. I'm known for wearing odd things like that around my neck and usually over an exposed collarbone/upper chest like the avatar. So I feel like it suits my style pretty well.

Good question, Eric! :2thumbs:

Take care all,

Kevin

Fancy that. Where is your photo gallery by the way?

Ummm...well it is still on GA but I made it private when I moved down here for med school. Admins can see it but that is it. I'm not sure if I will ever bring it back but I have more than enough pics of me on GA either on my profile or in my blog.

good god that is an old pic. I don't think I have shown that to anyone in almost 1.5 years!

As to Myk - water polo is ok, but the rope-swing pics are MUCH better... 0:)

Ah, yeah....that is actually my favorite pic. Probably the only one I don't mind showing so much skin in.

The water polo picture is my favourite of Greg as well.

....I can't believe everyone is remembering that pic!! how strange :P

Greg :)

My avatar is a picture of my Munki taking down dictation.

:)

He's a bit old-fashioned (hence the quill pen) and not very fast, but sometimes it's useful to have him taking notes when I don't feel like working on a keyboard.

Kit

Mine is an example of a graphic I did utilizing a mathematical-based visualization for my media player. I do a lot of graphic arts as a hobby and it was one I was pleased with. No real in-depth reason for it.

mine is a pic of my best buddy .. my beloved cat.. well actually he is not mine, I am his slave, and he has trained me well to open the cans and rub his belly whenever he feels like. Lol. Well, i love to have him around, and I believe he loves me as well :P

His High Lord Anubis brought to the cyber age. I choose my avatar because I have always been fascinated by the old gods and Anubis is one of them that I really admire.

In the beginning he was considered to be the God of the Underworld, till his position was

My avatar is a picture of my Munki taking down dictation.

:)

He's a bit old-fashioned (hence the quill pen) and not very fast, but sometimes it's useful to have him taking notes when I don't feel like working on a keyboard.

Kit

:great:

I feel like such an idiot! I knew you had a monkey, and I figured that's why you had the pic, but it didn't occur to me it was an actual pic of your monkey. :*)

My avatar remembers me of a dreamland. It