[dkstories] Dreams of a Father

• Site Administrator

Thanks Dan :great: ,

One question came to mind to me as I was reading this chapter, hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm not completely sure, but I was under the impression that Paul is around four years old. Not 100% sure but I think I read that in an earlier chapter. Is this correct? This would mean that Gavin would be five. I thought it was kind of young for Gavin to be forcing a kiss onto Paul, but maybe I'm wrong here :wacko: .

Or did more time pass while the story has been evolving?

One other note, I am beginning to think that my earlier comment about "brainwashing" may have been a bit harsh. The way that Dan is portraying the Bishop and the Prophet I'm beginning to wonder if they are as bad as I originally thought. On the other hand I have a suspicion that this is all part of the plan that the Prophet has. If you have done this to confuse me Dan, then you're doing a great job of it :P .

Thanks again,

Steve B)

Interesting chapter. Not much action, but makes me curious about the future development on Carlos and the dilemma Garret is currently in.

What had me thinking is the intended wager with the life of the people on Carlos. Is it right to risk death in greater numbers, just to keep someones actions and operations believable? Concrete, is it OK to weight the lives of innocent people against the safeguarding of one man and his mission? Quite a philosophical dilemma.

For the story I hope that Billy will find a finder way to keep garret save and his believable without risking much lives. Wasn't Henry also developing a vaccine against the disease? If so it would be foolish to not give such information to Billy. Then it may be possible to deploy the cure in secret, or something like that...

Thanks for the chapter, always pining for more, ;)

Daniel

One question came to mind to me as I was reading this chapter, hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm not completely sure, but I was under the impression that Paul is around four years old. Not 100% sure but I think I read that in an earlier chapter. Is this correct? This would mean that Gavin would be five. I thought it was kind of young for Gavin to be forcing a kiss onto Paul, but maybe I'm wrong here :wacko: .

Or did more time pass while the story has been evolving?

You are correct on the ages. But that's one of the sub-plots of the chapter. An inappropriate kiss that was taught to Gavin by an older guard, telling Gavin to keep it a 'secret'. Perhaps you need to reread the chapter Steve :P .

• Site Administrator
You are correct on the ages. But that's one of the sub-plots of the chapter. An inappropriate kiss that was taught to Gavin by an older guard, telling Gavin to keep it a 'secret'. Perhaps you need to reread the chapter Steve :P .

Nope, I picked up on that. :P

I guess maybe I just didn't like the idea of older gaurd taking advantage of a five year old :wacko: . Then again, older doesn't really tell us much either, but it is just not a good vibe coming from the scene.

I'm not sure where Dan is taking us on this one, but if he was looking for shock, he got that. I've also learned not to assume anything so could it be possible that Gavin was lying?

I guess maybe I just didn't like the idea of older gaurd taking advantage of a five year old

I think most of the other characters in the story (Paul, Jeremy, Bishop Forellini, the Prophet himself), will feel that way. The abuse by Tim the guard might also explain why Gavin was so withdrawn lately. The guard is going to be in some serious trouble.

Gavin will initially be very mad at Paul, but eventually, he'll realize that Paul was helping him. This situation will ultimately strengthen the bond of friendship between Paul & Gavin...I'm guessing :wacko: .