Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 13

MikeL

It's almost predictable what the first signs of life were that General Bradson sees upon landing.

Stumbling to his feet, he glanced around to find he was alone under the grey sky, in a silence filled only by the distant, plaintive bleating of a few goats.

The description of the General's "host" is telling:

The Scar would have arched an eyebrow, if he had one.

Also:

Shrugging awkwardly with his one remaining arm, The Scar replied...

Eric finally finds what he is seeking and keeps his word on an important matter.

This chapter is hereby certified cliffhanger free.

It's almost predictable what the first signs of life were that General Bradson sees upon landing.

The description of the General's "host" is telling: Also:

Eric finally finds what he is seeking and keeps his word on an important matter.

B) .........That caught my eye 'he glanced around to find he was alone under the grey sky, in a silence filled only by the distant, plaintive bleating of a few goats'.

Nestled in the cliffs no doubt as the General forges ahead to his destiny, more likey his demise.

Eric wrestling with his conscience?? I was surprised at the 'no tequila' encounter.

• Site Administrator

Ah, so CJ has followed the lead of Hitchcock and decided to write himself into a cameo spot in this chapter :lol: .

Great chapter CJ, and thanks :worship:

The description of the General's "host" is telling: Also:

Greetings, oh Amphibious one! And thank you for the certification!

I will point out that I moved the last scene with Eric forward from 14, specifically to avoid ending it with him being tempted by Tequila. See? I recognized a possible cliffhanger and took pains to avoid it! Of course, i do this often, as I never use cliffhangers...

The Scar did indeed lose much in that fire; his face is quite unrecognizable, and General Bradson had only seen (in LTMP) a couple of photos of "Jerry". General Bradson never met The Scar previously, so there is no way for him to recognize him.

B) .........That caught my eye 'he glanced around to find he was alone under the grey sky, in a silence filled only by the distant, plaintive bleating of a few goats'.

Nestled in the cliffs no doubt as the General forges ahead to his destiny, more likey his demise.

Eric wrestling with his conscience?? I was surprised at the 'no tequila' encounter.

Benji! This chapter was amphibiously certified Cliffhanger Free, so of course, no cliffs! The goats, of course, being goats, would not be on cliffs (a goat, after all, as we all know, would never have anything to do with a cliff!)

There are, however, some major clues to a major upcoming problem, and they are, amongst other places, in the description of the resort. :)

BTW, I'm still hiding from the Echidna and Talonrider, but... I'll see if I can sneak out long enough to post the picture I based the party venue on. :)

Ah, so CJ has followed the lead of Hitchcock and decided to write himself into a cameo spot in this chapter :lol: .

Great chapter CJ, and thanks :worship:

Well, goats are common on those islands, so it just seemed to fit. 0:)

General bradson just might die :(

Crosses fingers that at least the son will live, either his employee will kill or the scar.

We'll see if Eric can stay off the tequila

General Bradson is in... somewhat unpleasant company. :)

BTW, someone (I can't say who as it was via PM, though they certainly can if they wish) caught a big goof on my part. At one point, I called the Land Rover Yuri is using a Range Rover. I've fixed it, and my sincere thanks for pointing it out. :)

neral Bradson never met The Scar previously, so there is no way for him to recognize him.

Benji! This chapter was amphibiously certified Cliffhanger Free, so of course, no cliffs! The goats, of course, being goats, would not be on cliffs (a goat, after all, as we all know, would never have anything to do with a cliff!)

There are, however, some major clues to a major upcoming problem, and they are, amongst other places, in the description of the resort. :)

B) ...............Only major problems I see with this resort is it's location, it is actually too isolated, therefore unprepared for an assault. Jim thinks only in terms of the press in evaluating the resort in it's readiness, he has no clue of what a military assault launched by 'Scars' team could accomplish. Of course he has no Idea that such a thing could take place, they all are under the impression that Scar is dead. Here is where I'm at a lost, I truly believe that the Scar will fulfill his contract, so where does he separate the contract from revenge? I am inclined to think that his rescue brings all to the very island that Brandon & Chase are trying to get married at. And then he will in act his revenge after fulfilling his bargain.

Beware of US Intelligence that has knowledge of the Generals plans

I would add to Mike's batrachian seal of cliff-hangerlessness by saying I made the same comment. But this (and the bleating of goats...) means the next chapters will certainly be filled with cliffies. Oh, and by the way, an insider revelation (I checked with my lawyer, but nothing in the contract prevents me of unveiling this important fact): the files we get for beta/proof/zeta reading are named "Cliff".

The action is nicely done in this chapter. Another bossy woman. Lie down on my couch, CJ, and tell me about the issues you have with female representatives of authority. Give my best to your mom. ;)

By the way, she made me think of Jones, in XIII (a famous comics series, soon a series on TV...)

albd_11.jpg

jones.JPG

The look might be wrong, but this girl kicks butt, and saves XII, aka Jason's life quite a few times.

B) ...............Only major problems I see with this resort is it's location, it is actually too isolated, therefore unprepared for an assault. Jim thinks only in terms of the press in evaluating the resort in it's readiness, he has no clue of what a military assault launched by 'Scars' team could accomplish. Of course he has no Idea that such a thing could take place, they all are under the impression that Scar is dead. Here is where I'm at a lost, I truly believe that the Scar will fulfill his contract, so where does he separate the contract from revenge? I am inclined to think that his rescue brings all to the very island that Brandon & Chase are trying to get married at. And then he will in act his revenge after fulfilling his bargain.

Beware of US Intelligence that has knowledge of the Generals plans

Well, you are unarguably correct regarding the resort's location; it is indeed somewhat isolated. It's also undefended. (no bikers, other than Jim).

BTW, given the clues in this and coming chapters, anyone who is interested can see the resort on google earth. I believe it is easy to do so now, just from what is posted. :)

I would add to Mike's batrachian seal of cliff-hangerlessness by saying I made the same comment. But this (and the bleating of goats...) means the next chapters will certainly be filled with cliffies. Oh, and by the way, an insider revelation (I checked with my lawyer, but nothing in the contract prevents me of unveiling this important fact): the files we get for beta/proof/zeta reading are named "Cliff".

The action is nicely done in this chapter. Another bossy woman. Lie down on my couch, CJ, and tell me about the issues you have with female representatives of authority. Give my best to your mom. ;)

By the way, she made me think of Jones, in XIII (a famous comics series, soon a series on TV...)

albd_11.jpg

jones.JPG

The look might be wrong, but this girl kicks butt, and saves XII, aka Jason's life quite a few times.

Bondwriter!!!

The files are indeed names "Cliff01, cliff 02," etc, on the website as well. That's because the original title was "Changing Lanes in Full Force". It was only when I tried to reduce it to an acronym that I realized it was in need of shortening...

Felecia is... interesting. She's in a male-dominated field, and she's the boss. Actually O think this shows that I don't have issues with women in positions of authority, lol!

Very good chapter CJ.

I think we all caught the part about the goats.

Had Eric gotten that one drink, I think we all know we couldn't trust him from that point on. At least he did remember his promise.

Eric did well, I think. :)

CJ i'm suprised at you! No cliffies! Maybe you are on your way to recovery :)

I just read over the chapter briefly and I liked it, but I'll read it more when I get the chance to after class tonight.

Gotta say I like what I saw :)

Eric

I love the goat so much for his love of cliffs!!! :wub::wub:

I agree with the Felicia assessment, I like my women slightly butch and aggressive, hehe!

By the way, Eric is coming along nicely; he just needs a little patience and love to blossom. Can't wait to see the next chapter CJ.

Rejoicing over the absence of cliffies is premature. You should know by know that this must be the eye of the cyclone. I predict (and I do so without having seen Cliff 14) that the next few chapters will be filled with torturous cliffhangers. This is CJ we're dealing with, people!

• Site Moderator
Rejoicing over the absence of cliffies is premature. You should know by know that this must be the eye of the cyclone. I predict (and I do so without having seen Cliff 14) that the next few chapters will be filled with torturous cliffhangers. This is CJ we're dealing with, people!

I agree whole heartedly. He's done this to us before.

CJ, my grief grows with how disparagingly your "fans" treat you on this cliffie issue....especially that Frenchie! You are constantly being asked to prove yourself. It's quite disheartening. :(

It's good to know that after having researched this story, you will have a backup career as a wedding planner. :D

Hey, there was a pool party in this chapter!!! :wub::D It was only Eric and the bartender...but still a pool party. B)

Thanks, CJ. :worship::worship:

Conner

CJ, my grief grows with how disparagingly your "fans" treat you on this cliffie issue....especially that Frenchie! You are constantly being asked to prove yourself. It's quite disheartening. :(

It's good to know that after having researched this story, you will have a backup career as a wedding planner. :D

Hey, there was a pool party in this chapter!!! :wub::D It was only Eric and the bartender...but still a pool party. B)

Conner

Sowie sprach das Canuck Goat... B)

Glad to see you around. If only it was not to badmouth the poor French me... :(

:wub: It was definately a great chapter. A good amount of buildup for sure. :wub:

Now now we all love to give the goat a hard time about his cliffies. aka tense buildups.

:ph34r:

Good grief! When did people start taking me seriously? :wacko: Cut that out. CJ doesn't. :P He throws in the odd pool party and I'm happy. :wub:

If I had wanted to badmouth Francois, I wouldn't have used a capital F in Frenchie. :P

I'm just supporting my goat buddy. All in good fun.

I'm going back to my cave now. It's not fun to post here.

Conner

CJ i'm suprised at you! No cliffies! Maybe you are on your way to recovery :)

I just read over the chapter briefly and I liked it, but I'll read it more when I get the chance to after class tonight.

Gotta say I like what I saw

Eric

Thank you, Eric!

Of course there were no cliffies... There never are, in my stories. :)

I love the goat so much for his love of cliffs!!! :wub:

I agree with the Felicia assessment, I like my women slightly butch and aggressive, hehe!

By the way, Eric is coming along nicely; he just needs a little patience and love to blossom. Can't wait to see the next chapter CJ.

Thanks W.L!

Felecia is... interesting, in many ways. :)

Eric... well, Eric... umm, I can't say anything at all about that comment, without it being a spoiler. :)

Bondwriter!!

Me? Use cliffies? I never do! And if I were going to, it would have been in 13, due to the whole Triskaidekaphobia issue.

I agree whole heartedly. He's done this to us before.

When have I ever done such a thing as that? As you yourself said, in my siggy, "we all know that CJ doesn't use cliffhangers"

:)

Conner

Yes, goat-buddy, I quite agree! For some reason, many here do seem prone to implying that I use cliffies...

BTW, did anyone notice that there is a pool in the location Eric chose for the party? (and that reminds, me, I need to post a pic of it...)

:wub: It was definately a great chapter. A good amount of buildup for sure. :wub:

Now now we all love to give the goat a hard time about his cliffies. aka tense buildups.

Thank you!!

BTW, while I don't use cliffies, I do admit to the occasional perhaps-ever-so-slightly-tense chapter endings. OR, PEST, for short. :)

Good grief! When did people start taking me seriously? :wacko: Cut that out. CJ doesn't. :P He throws in the odd pool party and I'm happy.

If I had wanted to badmouth Francois, I wouldn't have used a capital F in Frenchie. :P

Conner

Conner! Don't go! Stay and help deffend your fellow goat from these scurrilous accusations!

BTW... The title for Chapter 14 is "Prelude to Battle".

Speaking of which... There's been a problem. I had to make sure that I had some details right, to fit in later. The only way to do it was to write far enough ahead before finalizing ch 14. The good news is that I worked hard and wrote several chapter's worth this week. The bad news is that 14 was only sent out to my team about half an hour ago, so we are certainly looking at it not being posted on time. But, on the bright side, the additional chapters I've written should help provide a needed buffer against further delays.

CJ

Good grief! When did people start taking me seriously? :wacko: Cut that out. CJ doesn't. :P He throws in the odd pool party and I'm happy. :wub:

Conner

I hope you're not referring to me. I never take goats seriously, and fauns even less. Hence the generous use of smilies, to underline the non-seriousness.

And CJ does need support to go on claiming he never uses CHs...

OOPS!

REgarding the above two posts, that's MY FAULT: I took out the smilies when I quoted the posts. The GA software has a limit on the number of emoticons in a post, so when I'm quoting several posts, I often exceed the limit and have to go back and remove some from the quoted material before it would allow me to tpost my reply.

Sorry for the confusion!

OOPS!

REgarding the above two posts, that's MY FAULT: I took out the smilies when I quoted the posts. The GA software has a limit on the number of emoticons in a post, so when I'm quoting several posts, I often exceed the limit and have to go back and remove some from the quoted material before it would allow me to tpost my reply.

Sorry for the confusion!

No No I forgot to put smilies in my post that made him think I was taking him seriously. It was my bad.

:wacko:

:ph34r:

• Site Administrator
Mmmmm I am not convinced by this lack of cliffhangers. I just know that goat has been researching them... Peter

tlg-mountain_goat.jpg

Researching them :o , he doesn't need to do any research :P . He just needs to look out his front door.

I was recently in the area of Arizona and thought I would help Graeme out on his hunt for CJ. Here is a picture showing that I was actually in Arizona.

gallery_1999_134_32554.jpg

Funny thing is, once I entered the state, I had this eerie feeling wash over me :o . I was scared. I had a feeling that the goat had me in his fix with those eyes that glow :mellow: . I was frozen to the spot, unable to move forward or backward. I knew nothing could be this sinister to trap a poor tourist with his gaze other than the goat himself. I finally was able to work up enough courage and strength, or maybe it was the goat blinked, but I was able to successfully run away.

So I started to scan the landscape that I imagine the vast majority of Arizona is made up of, hoping to spot CJ so I could report his location to Graeme for an undercover sneak attack:

gallery_1999_134_30837.jpg

As you can see, CJ is surrounded by massive cliffs that I'm sure he has no problem getting the inspiration from to write chapters for us, his poor readers :wacko: . Being also a master of misdirection, I was unable to locate him anywhere by sight, but you could definitely feel that he was in the area.

And if that isn't enough to prove that CJ lurks :ph34r: around the cliffs for inspiration, let me leave you one final picture of Arizona, CJ's chosen home. Here is what happens when the State allowed CJ to design and build a new bridge in the state:

gallery_1999_134_253546.jpg

He's evil I tell ya, absolutely evil.

:D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..