Feed the world!

Kanaye

For each answer you get right, they donate 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program.

You dont even need to log in, they just automaticly start the game. You can change the subject but it starts with English Vocab. You can even do other language learning.

You can open a new page and look up the answer of you dont know it. If you get one wrong, they dont take away what youve earned and they ask you it again later.

Free Rice

Its for a great cause.

Edited by Kanaye

Great website Kanaye!

After playing for 5 minutes, I managed a score of 1200!! The questions are quite challenging, but I liked the geography/countries section.

Everyone should have a little go, it's fun and like Kanaye said, it's for a good cause.

Great website Kanaye!

After playing for 5 minutes, I managed a score of 1200!! The questions are quite challenging, but I liked the geography/countries section.

Everyone should have a little go, it's fun and like Kanaye said, it's for a good cause.

How many grains of rice in a pound?

• Site Administrator

To make it a little easier for everyone, the link is:

Free Rice

That way you can just click on the link, rather than having to copy it into your browser. :)

w00t for AP chemistry! It's helping me feed the world. :D And my German too. My English vocab runs out disappointingly early...

eh, I was surprised by all the words I knew.. :> but, my eyes got tired of the green at 2000.. lol.. I'll be trying again soon though.

OK- you can hate me.

I say let 'em starve.

That's right, let them starve.

It's the KINDEST thing to do. After the do-gooders drop some off some food and move on, they will again be at starvations door. What then?

Over the years humanitarian organizations have given MANY BILLIONS of dollars worth of food and other kinds of aid to countries in the developing world.

In some places food aid has lead to overpopulation in regions that can not support that number of people.

In others, the aid is stolen and given to the military and supporters of the government.

Another large chunk has to be given as bribes to allow access to the regions where people need it.

Typically- Aid organizations are very lucky if half to a third of the food aid they provide gets to where it is needed.

By giving food and other sorts of aid to these countries, you are probably inadvertently supporting the governments that use starvation as a tool to stay in power.

12,000!! My girls took over the mouse and I think they hit every subject but chemistry. Anna's still speaking in a Spanish accent. :lol:

I want to "besar mi madre!" lmfao :lol:

We had Mom laughing so hard, she was geeking lol.

I like that site! Its a great way to learn some new things or remember the old ones.

OK- you can hate me.

I say let 'em starve.

That's right, let them starve.

It's the KINDEST thing to do. After the do-gooders drop some off some food and move on, they will again be at starvations door. What then?

Over the years humanitarian organizations have given MANY BILLIONS of dollars worth of food and other kinds of aid to countries in the developing world.

In some places food aid has lead to overpopulation in regions that can not support that number of people.

In others, the aid is stolen and given to the military and supporters of the government.

Another large chunk has to be given as bribes to allow access to the regions where people need it.

Typically- Aid organizations are very lucky if half to a third of the food aid they provide gets to where it is needed.

By giving food and other sorts of aid to these countries, you are probably inadvertently supporting the governments that use starvation as a tool to stay in power.

Those are all good points. I think none of us want to inadvertantly support terrorism or generaly do more harm than good. The information you posted is often swept under the rug. So that leads me to the obvious question: If someone wants to do a good deed, what is the best way to go about it? Are local charities any better? Do city food banks work? What about animal shelters? ...OK, that's more than one question but if anyone has some usefull info on the subject it would be nice to know.

So i clicked on the English vocab i think it was.. and it would give me a word and go " this word means.." and give me 4 options lol that got boring fast. I switched it to Famous Paintings. I did a few of them. I switched it to French and was Racking in the rice. 3000 Grains of rice before i stopped lol

Here are some examples of where FreeRice rice has been distributed:

In Bangladesh, to feed 27,000 refugees from Myanmar for two weeks.

In Cambodia, to provide take-home rations of four kilograms of rice for two months to 13,500 pregnant and nursing women.

In Uganda, to feed 66,000 school children for a week.

In Nepal, to feed over 108,000 Bhutanese refugees for three days.

In Bhutan, to feed 41,000 children for 8 days.

In Myanmar, to feed 750,000 cyclone affected people for 3 days.