Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 16

Why am I not greatly relieved by your words? Why do I still feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff?

Hrmmm.. You feel like you're on the edge of a cliff? That makes no sense... I thought frogs didn't like cliffs? (something they have in common with goats...)

It is by no means certain that the west flank of Cumbre Vieja will collapse during the next eruptive phase. It didn't in 1949, though part of the area did slip a bit. It will go eventually, but it might not happen for thousands of years.

However, if it does happen, it would still be okay to be on the island, just not on the part that's racing for the bottom of the Atlantic. Anywhere north or east of the volcano would likely be okay. See? Nothing to worry about. As I say, just think of the volcano as background color, or a secondary character with a somewhat hot temper. Nothing to worry about. :)

No fair :angry: !!

I know if I reveal what I have figured out, then you will dispatch the Enchinda to Canada to impale me with his anti spoiler spines :o .

I have too much respect, or is it fear :wacko: of Graeme.

I am open to bribes though as compensation for getting pricked :P .

Wait, there is like 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground, maybe that is enough to deter him from coming.

Ahh, fear not! The Echidna has said, here in the forum, that he only considers it a spoiler if it is from me, or from someone who has seen the chapter. If it is something you have deduced from the story, then it is not subject to the Echidna's fury. :)

CJ :)

• Site Administrator
No fair :angry: !!

I know if I reveal what I have figured out, then you will dispatch the Enchinda to Canada to impale me with his anti spoiler spines :o .

I have too much respect, or is it fear :wacko: of Graeme.

I am open to bribes though as compensation for getting pricked :P .

Wait, there is like 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground, maybe that is enough to deter him from coming.

Ahh, fear not! The Echidna has said, here in the forum, that he only considers it a spoiler if it is from me, or from someone who has seen the chapter. If it is something you have deduced from the story, then it is not subject to the Echidna's fury. :)

CJ is correct. Speculation, even accurate speculation, is not a spoiler because there's not guarantee that you'll be correct. Comments by someone who knows what's coming up, however, is a spoiler and can ruin the enjoyment of the story.

However, I should state, for the record, that I know how to ski. Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail will keep me from my appointed anti-spoiler duties. :mace:

• Site Administrator

Okay, since I now know I'm clear, I guess I'll say what my predictions are. Some may not be 100% correct, but should be darn close.

So here are the clues I have pulled out of the story so far:

When Eric first met Jansen and Keith, his INSTINCT was off about them, unfortunately probably like many of us, he choose to ignore that, and will probably pay for it later.

Keith seems to get annoyed anytime Jansen speaks up. It is like he is afraid Jansen may say something that he shouldn't. Remember how nervous Jansen was when Eric showed up at their apartment without Keith there?

I believe it was Keith that mentioned that "George and his ilk are the only show in town". In the exotic dance industry, most clubs are owned by organized crime syndicates. Up here in Canada the Hell's Angels control the majority of the strip clubs. Everything is very low key unless a stripper or a club manager does something on their own to take funds away from the organization. Then look out, your life is going to become very difficult. I would say George is part of some kind of crime syndicate.

Both Jansen and Keith are gymnasts and also actors. Could they have been acting to dupe Eric all along.

One major concern of Helen's has been the wave of fame that the band has been riding. She has warned a couple of times of how a scandal could take them from a high to a low very quickly in public opinion.

Keith has inquired a few times, and now has the information of exactly where the party and wedding will be held.

So based on those clues, here is my prediction:

George will find the flyer for the surfer stripper show that his daughter left behind. Coupled with the fact that he controls the strip scene in LA and the sick call in from two sets of his acts he will know exactly who will be performing.

George will decide that if he isn't taking a piece of the cut (50/50), then nobody will be making any money.

Just before the guys open the doors, George will show up with his posse and Keith, Jansen, the other two strippers will all be taken care of. Unfortunately Eric will probably be doing the bartending since Craig canceled out on him. This means Eric will be at the club when the hammer falls. What will actually happen to them I'm unsure about.

The other possibility is that somehow Eric is exposed as being at a male strip show and the paparazzi will be there to report it.

The last thing that comes to mind is that Keith has already been selling information to the paparazzi about the upcoming show and trip. Although this is unlikely, it may explain why he doesn't want Jansen to say too much, and also why he was anxious to find where they were going.

So there are my guesses a day before we know what will happen :P .

What does everyone else think? Could I be missing something with the clues listed above?

Steve B)

PS: Feel free to start posting in SPICE today!!!

Edited by wildone
Hrmmm.. You feel like you're on the edge of a cliff? That makes no sense... I thought frogs didn't like cliffs? (something they have in common with goats...)

I am very uncomfortable here. Where's Chapter 17?

I agree with Drew's assessment of Steve's predictions.

Okay, since I now know I'm clear, I guess I'll say what my predictions are. Some may not be 100% correct, but should be darn close.

So here are the clues I have pulled out of the story so far:

When Eric first met Jansen and Keith, his INSTINCT was off about them, unfortunately probably like many of us, he choose to ignore that, and will probably pay for it later.

Keith seems to get annoyed anytime Jansen speaks up. It is like he is afraid Jansen may say something that he shouldn't. Remember how nervous Jansen was when Eric showed up at their apartment without Keith there?

I believe it was Keith that mentioned that "George and his ilk are the only show in town". In the exotic dance industry, most clubs are owned by organized crime syndicates. Up here in Canada the Hell's Angels control the majority of the strip clubs. Everything is very low key unless a stripper or a club manager does something on their own to take funds away from the organization. Then look out, your life is going to become very difficult. I would say George is part of some kind of crime syndicate.

Both Jansen and Keith are gymnasts and also actors. Could they have been acting to dupe Eric all along.

One major concern of Helen's has been the wave of fame that the band has been riding. She has warned a couple of times of how a scandal could take them from a high to a low very quickly in public opinion.

Keith has inquired a few times, and now has the information of exactly where the party and wedding will be held.

So based on those clues, here is my prediction:

George will find the flyer for the surfer stripper show that his daughter left behind. Coupled with the fact that he controls the strip scene in LA and the sick call in from two sets of his acts he will know exactly who will be performing.

George will decide that if he isn't taking a piece of the cut (50/50), then nobody will be making any money.

Just before the guys open the doors, George will show up with his posse and Keith, Jansen, the other two strippers will all be taken care of. Unfortunately Eric will probably be doing the bartending since Craig canceled out on him. This means Eric will be at the club when the hammer falls. What will actually happen to them I'm unsure about.

The other possibility is that somehow Eric is exposed as being at a male strip show and the paparazzi will be there to report it.

The last thing that comes to mind is that Keith has already been selling information to the paparazzi about the upcoming show and trip. Although this is unlikely, it may explain why he doesn't want Jansen to say too much, and also why he was anxious to find where they were going.

So there are my guesses a day before we know what will happen :P .

What does everyone else think? Could I be missing something with the clues listed above?

Steve B)

PS: Feel free to start posting in SPICE today!!!

I am constrained, by the threat of the Echidna's spines, from saying more than GREAT job on finding clues. There are many. :)

I can't say whether or not you are right, but chapter 17 can. Speaking of which... It's up, but I'm still tweaking the html code on the new site design. Just navigate to it from my main page http://cjames.gayauthors.org/

I doubt the filename will be changing, but it might, so go in via the above link. :)

Hrmm, actually, no, at this point, I can say for sure the filename won't be changing, but go in via the link anyway: you'll see my new main page layout. :)

I think your off about Keith and Jansen.

They won't get shaken down, George will do something but I don't think it would be like your thinking of.

I am very uncomfortable here. Where's Chapter 17?

I agree with Drew's assessment of Steve's predictions.

Chapter 17 is up. :)

I agree with Steve in a way. I think something is up with Keith, just not sure what. However, I don't think that Jansen is involved in anything untoward...

Who knows? We would if the chapter happened to be released just a little early ;)

It has been released early. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..