Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Man In Motion

I just read Chapter 5. Hmmm... it looks like Robbie's kinky side revolves around his ass. What a shock. 0:)

Mark Sievres is dead. That really make me sad. :(

Great chapter though! I am always ready for another. :wub:

I just read Chapter 5. Hmmm... it looks like Robbie's kinky side revolves around his ass. What a shock. 0:)

Mark Sievres is dead. That really make me sad. :(

Great chapter though! I am always ready for another. :wub:

well yeah... but is it only my impression that there were only like three "images" in this piece? I don't want to be ungrateful but we're used to more voluminous chapters. Measured with Mark's previous speed and amount of the chapters we wait longer for much shorter chapters, or better said with less action going on there... I mean it doesn't have to be a mortal pace in the story but almost nothing has happenned and even the erotic parts were somewhat without juice or passion. Something has happenned? Is Mark at the crossroads with this story? When the Brad/Robbie/Neil story has its own tempo, we could get some more information about others - Max and Lark, Claire and Jake, Ace and boobs :-D, Stef and Greg or JP and Roger, whatever or whoever...

So in short: Why it takes so long now to publish a chapter? (I read the process of editing of a chapter, still I have a suspicion that the chapters are published in a put-up periodicity) Why they seem much shorter?

P.

well yeah... but is it only my impression that there were only like three "images" in this piece? I don't want to be ungrateful but we're used to more voluminous chapters. Measured with Mark's previous speed and amount of the chapters we wait longer for much shorter chapters, or better said with less action going on there... I mean it doesn't have to be a mortal pace in the story but almost nothing has happenned and even the erotic parts were somewhat without juice or passion. Something has happenned? Is Mark at the crossroads with this story? When the Brad/Robbie/Neil story has its own tempo, we could get some more information about others - Max and Lark, Claire and Jake, Ace and boobs :-D, Stef and Greg or JP and Roger, whatever or whoever...

So in short: Why it takes so long now to publish a chapter? (I read the process of editing of a chapter, still I have a suspicion that the chapters are published in a put-up periodicity) Why they seem much shorter?

P.

I'm not really upset with the pace of the releases, I miss the interface from GA, where I can resize the text through the link at the top of the page...it was handy when I was out and reading on my BlackBerry or even at home on the desktop. His "columnar" format is making for short reads, and small text only.

I think it's unfair to criticise Mark for the length it takes to get the chapters out. We were spoiled with B-RAD, in having a chapter almost every day. I know of no other author on this site who gets his or her work out quicker.

I think it's unfair to criticise Mark for the length it takes to get the chapters out. We were spoiled with B-RAD, in having a chapter almost every day. I know of no other author on this site who gets his or her work out quicker.

I agree. I've mentioned before how much pressure there is. There's also the fact that someone can get burned out after a while, and I think pressuring for more is just asking for trouble.

Periodicity? I think I'm being accused of sandbagging chapters! :D

Well, first let me thank you guys who appreciated that we're pumping the chapters out pretty fast. I owe that speed to the team that helps me. One of them was on vacation last week, so it slowed the pace a bit. Still, I used to think that one chapter a week was good, so I'm thinking I'm doing pretty well.

I actually thought about holding a chapter or two back, but I don't have that much discipline. I won't post two in one day, but beyond that I pretty much post them when they're done. I'm not sure if that's better or not. There's something to be said for having a schedule, like posting every Thursday or something, so people can check in if they want. I'm not that organized.

Chapter Five was not one of the watershed chapters. I would have called chapter four one of those, where there are significant events that happen. Chapter five is less intense, and lays more groundwork. In a couple more chapters, you'll all be wishing things were more sedate.

Periodicity? I think I'm being accused of sandbagging chapters! :D

I am not without my suspicions. :lmao:

Ok, so you turned Paya and me into Pavlov's dogs. Everytime I saw the GA icon on my favourites, I started to drool. This was particularly true during Be Rad - talk about "fast and furious". Now we're undergoing "re-training". There was bound to be some whining. So, how about 3 chapters every 2 weeks? :boy:

Chapter 5 was a teaser, for sure - I mean the Robbie kink thing. I'm dying to know. Brad's looking like this these days... :wacko: Isn't it great to have Stef around? :D

Chapter 6. Excellent as always, & pretty well confirms everyones suspitions of the fisting angle or is Brads joke closer to the mark?

Well, I think we'll find out soon. What I found more interesting about the chapter was Brad being with Max and being in love with two guys at once. Honestly, I think he and Max would be good together. I can see the hate mail coming my way now. :ph34r:

Chapter 6. Excellent as always, & pretty well confirms everyones suspitions of the fisting angle or is Brads joke closer to the mark?

just a small note about chap. 6 and Brad/Robbie: I've seen a roller coaster like this before...

can't wait for chaps 7 & 8, even though I might not like them... ;-)

Edited by paya

Well, I think we'll find out soon. What I found more interesting about the chapter was Brad being with Max and being in love with two guys at once. Honestly, I think he and Max would be good together. I can see the hate mail coming my way now. :ph34r:

It all depends on how well Brad handles Robbies kink. But I agree, think Brad & Max would be good for each other.

For me Chapter 6 is such a frustrating chapter. As I have posted before I really want Brad and Robbie together but in these last couple of chapters I ahve become more and more frustrated with Robbie and how he has been treating Brad. I love Brad and his character and its part of him being the narrator that makes him more easy to love because we know his thoughts and what is going on with him. I however hate Neil and can not stand his character. I do not care what Robbie's fetish is, Neil is not AT ALL worth it. He is giving up on the best relationship he has ever had in his life and all because of some stupid fetish. I understand fetishes and that they are important to people sexually but to give up without even trying to express the fetish to Brad is just horrible to me. I am so frustrated by Robbie and him deciding to stay with Neil for the weekend instead of coming to see Brad. I either want Robbie to make the right decision and be with Brad or for Robbie to disappear and never come back to California, never be at Escorial. I know that is harsh but I am tired of this roller coaster that Robbie putting Brad through and I just want him gone or together with Brad. I do not know how Max is going to fit into this relationship or how he will change the relationship but I want Robbie to disappear like Jake at this point but this is me being frustrated over this last chapter.

I will say that Mark you are amazing and I love your writing skills and stories and I do not want you to take this message as against you or the story. I love this story but right now I am just so frustrated that we are at Chapter 6 and not on Chapter 20 or something. I want to know how things will end up so that I can not have to get so angry or upset at the characters. This is a testament to your skills Mark and how well you write the characters and the story. It has me so involved that I get truly angry, happy, sad and excited :D about the whole situation. Thank so much Mark for writing these stories and I just wanted to get all of this rant out and hopefully get some replies :) Thanks in advance to those who read the entire post and for those who respond.

Sometimes, Brad unnecessarily complicates his own life. Then again, I suppose we all do. :lol: But he definitely walked into this one with his eyes wide open.

I have to agree that Robbie's thing for Neil shows really poor judgement on his part. Sounds to me like he hasn't worked out all his stuff as yet. The unprotected sex with Neil leaves a huge question mark. Right now, I'm thinking the worst. :(

May I have some more please? :worship:

Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed the whole series, and appreciate the details you place in the stories.

Gotta say, I am really getting a sinking feeling that Robbie is going to be Jeff 2.0, which would be hard to read considering how tragic that first one ended. But who knows, maybe Robbie will end up a Greg instead. :D

Liam

Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed the whole series, and appreciate the details you place in the stories.

Gotta say, I am really getting a sinking feeling that Robbie is going to be Jeff 2.0, which would be hard to read considering how tragic that first one ended. But who knows, maybe Robbie will end up a Greg instead. :D

Liam

I was thinking the same thing about Robbie becoming Jeff 2.0 as well. I really hope that is not going to happen. I mean I can see there being more bumps in the road along the way between Brad and Robbie being back together officially but I just hope that at the end of Chapter 8 or whenever the end of the Graduation chapter is that Robbie and Brad are back together, things will be rough and they will not be perfectly back together but I will not be able to stand the character of Robbie if he stays with Neil, he will deserve whatever disease or horrific death comes his way. While that statement is harsh, Robbie is going to piss me off worse than Jake did if he chooses that little bastard Neil over Brad. I know this is Mark's story to tell and we have no influence over what is the ultimate story to come but I can not see how he could give Robbie to us in Be Rad as the gift for killing off Jeff and then turn around and kill Robbie in Man in Motion or have him do something so stupid as to choose Neil over Brad. But I am not going to judge until the new chapters come out, which I have to say I am begging and pleading that they come out tomorrow or the next day so that I do not feel like my hair will fall out. I am going prematurely grey as it is, I do not need to go bald as well lol. :sheep:

I was thinking the same thing about Robbie becoming Jeff 2.0 as well. I really hope that is not going to happen. I mean I can see there being more bumps in the road along the way between Brad and Robbie being back together officially but I just hope that at the end of Chapter 8 or whenever the end of the Graduation chapter is that Robbie and Brad are back together, things will be rough and they will not be perfectly back together but I will not be able to stand the character of Robbie if he stays with Neil, he will deserve whatever disease or horrific death comes his way. While that statement is harsh, Robbie is going to piss me off worse than Jake did if he chooses that little bastard Neil over Brad. I know this is Mark's story to tell and we have no influence over what is the ultimate story to come but I can not see how he could give Robbie to us in Be Rad as the gift for killing off Jeff and then turn around and kill Robbie in Man in Motion or have him do something so stupid as to choose Neil over Brad. But I am not going to judge until the new chapters come out, which I have to say I am begging and pleading that they come out tomorrow or the next day so that I do not feel like my hair will fall out. I am going prematurely grey as it is, I do not need to go bald as well lol. :sheep:

And the new one was posted while you were posting. Good timing, no?

Don't worry about influencing me. The rough drafts through Chapter 20 are already done.

And the new one was posted while you were posting. Good timing, no?

Don't worry about influencing me. The rough drafts through Chapter 20 are already done.

I need Chapter 8 now. I do not mean tomorrow, I mean tonight this very minute. I can not wait until tomorrow to find out who Robbie chooses. I love that you have written a story that so has enthralled me and has me on the edge of my seat but I CAN NOT wait until next week to find out if Robbie chooses Neil or Brad. I can not wait to find out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me. I am begging on hands and knees ready to be fisted if necessary B) lol I love this story and you as a writer but I can not wait to find out who Robbie chooses and I hope it is the right decision. :worship:

Good grief, Keith. There is a process. There is editing and beta reading to be done with every chapter, and Joe uploads them. It all takes time. I understand though. It's been a while since an author truly had me hooked like this around here. B)

Edited by Tiger

Good grief, Keith. There is a process. There is editing and beta reading to be done with every chapter, and Joe uploads them. It all takes time. I understand though. It's been a while since an author truly had me hooked like this around here. B)

Yeah I know, I am totally acting like Neil and demanding something from Mark lol. I really just am so hyped up and hooked on Mark's writing. I know I have said it before but it says a lot about an author when you can not put down his book or can not wait to read the next chapter. When I first started reading Be Rad, there were something like 25 chapters, I read them all in one sitting in one night. I did not sleep that night, I just stayed up and read the entire story up to that point then went to class and came back to find a new chapter posted. Even though I was dead tired and ready to just fall asleep at that point I could not sleep until I read the next chapter. This is how I feel about Man in Motion, but the only problem is that I started reading it too early and there are not enough chapters up to feed my addiction haha. I have read and understand the process and I do not want to pressure any of the people in the process to work beyond their means but at the same time I just need to know before I go insane. :) I feel the need to chill out but when a story gets my blood rushing and my adrenaline pumping it is all I can to not post and demand for more. It has been a long time since a story has had me so enthused like Mark's stories. I just hope that when Chapter 8 ends I can feel happy and ok and be able to wait until Chapters 9 and 10 come out but this cliff hanger ending has me on the edge as well and I am ready to jump just to find out the ending.

Off Topic but I do not think I can write a short post...

Yeah I know, I am totally acting like Neil and demanding something from Mark lol. I really just am so hyped up and hooked on Mark's writing. I know I have said it before but it says a lot about an author when you can not put down his book or can not wait to read the next chapter. When I first started reading Be Rad, there were something like 25 chapters, I read them all in one sitting in one night. I did not sleep that night, I just stayed up and read the entire story up to that point then went to class and came back to find a new chapter posted. Even though I was dead tired and ready to just fall asleep at that point I could not sleep until I read the next chapter. This is how I feel about Man in Motion, but the only problem is that I started reading it too early and there are not enough chapters up to feed my addiction haha. I have read and understand the process and I do not want to pressure any of the people in the process to work beyond their means but at the same time I just need to know before I go insane. :) I feel the need to chill out but when a story gets my blood rushing and my adrenaline pumping it is all I can to not post and demand for more. It has been a long time since a story has had me so enthused like Mark's stories. I just hope that when Chapter 8 ends I can feel happy and ok and be able to wait until Chapters 9 and 10 come out but this cliff hanger ending has me on the edge as well and I am ready to jump just to find out the ending.

Off Topic but I do not think I can write a short post...

You said you had started with Be Rad, have you already read the previous volumes? It could be fine to kill off some time waiting for another chapters ;-)

Edit 2.0: well, you talking about Jeff 2.0 suggests you've already read them, so never mind... you have to wait as any of us ;-)

Edited by paya

You know, they say that the best authors get right out there and "experience" what it is they want to write about. :P

So, Mark, tell us about your research? B)

I can only imagine his explanation for his research in one word....... "OUCH"!!!

LMAO!!!

Edited by Rush

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..