Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Man In Motion

Hmm. I really hope nothing happens to Robbie. For some reason, it seems to be set up to off him, and I'd be really ticked if he was killed right as the two were finally getting things together in their relationship. Sure hope this thing with the nanny was just a heat of the moment thing, as well.

Well, can't believe Jim turned out to be such a sleaze. :unsure:

You know, this is one of those instances where I need to admit that I didn't weave the changes in Jim into the story in a timely manner. I address why he did it later on, or at least we guess about it, so I can see where it could be a shock now.

Keep in mind, JP didn't exactly make friends among the police when he and Jeff were in Paris last. Wouldn't have taken much for someone in the police force to recognize Robbie as being related to Jeff. So when Jerk brought the pics in, it could have came across someone with a grudge.

So now it's someone strange, hidden in the background? :-/

I don't really know about a lot of people who have money and hate against Robbie, Brad or JP's family overall... If it were French, there is Marcel's mother, then it could be Isidore's family, but none of them are supposed to have money. And what I really don't like is 'Deus ex machina' :-/ I hope that it's too late for somebody new to show up in MIM story as a new badass. :-/ Camborone? Injured vanity?? But why? This is not fair because Mark plays some game with us, a game that has new rules setting up while going and we just can't guess out of blank as new factors are coming up. :-/ I was somewhat disappointed with the new development of events.

I take the other view, keeping people on their toes with twists & turns is great, though not for an extended period of time! lol. Personally I think it makes the story even more interesting coming up to the finale. It's gonna be pretty action packed I guess with all these questions being answered & only 5 chapters to do it in.

As for Cramborone, first name I came up with, but then, why? Brad only blew him once, then he had the services of Marcel. I can't see any grudge at all. This is one question that has me stumped. Grrrr. ;)

I take the other view, keeping people on their toes with twists & turns is great, though not for an extended period of time! lol. Personally I think it makes the story even more interesting coming up to the finale. It's gonna be pretty action packed I guess with all these questions being answered & only 5 chapters to do it in.

As for Cramborone, first name I came up with, but then, why? Brad only blew him once, then he had the services of Marcel. I can't see any grudge at all. This is one question that has me stumped. Grrrr. ;)

I'm not saying that it is or isn't Cambronne, but I will tell you why he might be pissed off.

First of all, Brad rejected him. True, he found Marcel, but you have to understand the ego of someone like Cambronne. He is a successful, older man, at the apex of his field. He is surrounded by people who constantly kiss his ass. And then there's this guy who refuses to blow him even though he's already done it once. He'd be irate. But add to that the situation with Marcel. He has this adorable boy toy who comes over constantly to service him, and then JP tells Marcel that he has AIDS, and presumably Brad banned him from Cambronne's company or Marcel did it on his own. You have to visualize the massive egos of men in power positions. As big as you can imagine, double it.

Read Ch. 22 today...faked photos huh?

The only person similar enough to Robbie's size that would be able to help fake a photo would be, if I'm thinking right, Max! A cleverly worked photo, with Max, and substituting Robbie's frontal, with Max's back profile and Robbie's face in overlay, the belt could have been obtained from the apartment if it was with them there--which begs the question of who got it, or he could have left it in the apartment Neil had during that meeting in his haste to leave, or it could have been stolen by Neil while Robbie was still at Princeton--which is more than likely!

On the other hand, if it's Cambronne, then this whole plot is getting royally f'd up--but how would HE know about, or who the f' Neil was--in the first place?!?

HOWEVER! Robbie's mom, the pastor, and Neil, were all at that one Christmas party together at Escorial....could Neil have gotten together with Robbie's mother? Who then used funds from the pastor's church to send Neil and his "gang" over to Paris with the intention of trying to extort money from Brad, while angering Brad enough to send Robbie back to Ohio? Then the plan fell apart, when Neil's photographer "gang member" killed him, and the belt the police have was actually one that Neil had made for the photo stunt? Does the belt even fit Robbie, or does it fit Neil Gardner? (THIS was not mentioned yet!) It's OJ's glove syndrome! I seriously doubt that Robbie would fit in one of Neil's belts, after all, Robbie's a BIG, buff football player (probably a 38-42 waist...Neil's a petite, little twink (probably a 26-30)!

Mark, if you're going to write cliffhangers like you've been doing now for a few episodes, you're going to have to practice typing...you're going too slow to keep doing this to us!

Edited by kjames

I'm not saying that it is or isn't Cambronne, but I will tell you why he might be pissed off.

First of all, Brad rejected him. True, he found Marcel, but you have to understand the ego of someone like Cambronne. He is a successful, older man, at the apex of his field. He is surrounded by people who constantly kiss his ass. And then there's this guy who refuses to blow him even though he's already done it once. He'd be irate. But add to that the situation with Marcel. He has this adorable boy toy who comes over constantly to service him, and then JP tells Marcel that he has AIDS, and presumably Brad banned him from Cambronne's company or Marcel did it on his own. You have to visualize the massive egos of men in power positions. As big as you can imagine, double it.

<sigh> since you put it that way! lol. Now it's even more confusing!

Ok, it could be Cambronne, for the v good reasons above. He would have influence no doubt with the authorities.

Robbie's Mom. Not sure, it's the money & influence thing that's the catch here. Outsider at best. But agree she may have helped Neil.

We also don't know if the people who helped Neil, if he did have help, are one & the same as the ones pushing the French Police. Could be totally separate! <sigh>

As for the photos, mmm, could be Marcel in them, looks more similar to Robbie than Max. <throws yet another spanner in> Why would Marcel do it, money. Cambronne may be paying him!

Or the photos were genuine & Robbie did kill Neil. They did get upto some kinky stuff, so breath control wouldn't surprise me.

My head hurts from all the different scenarios, so will leave the guesswork for now.

More than likely it's none of the above! lol.

Edited by Sir_Galahad

Ouch...so many different....are we like super creative or what but Sir Galahad. I totaly Agree i really think it's Robbies mom...cuz i think it would be an interesting ploy...as for JP and Jeff's history i have not read 1968.....So the history in that one comparing to this one is rather...different...i started wreeding be rad as a random slection, now i love it. It's like Marketing, you have to Try it out then you decide if you go back for more.

lol

Yeah, of the first 3, The Land Whore was my favorite. Stef remains one of my favorite characters. Be Rad was the first one I read. I loved it and had to read the others as well. I suggest them all.

Great chapter as always & I guess one step closer to the truth. So the pictures were tampered with as most people expected, & I expect that Jerry is now firmly in the frame for murder. Good news that Robbie's in the clear though, at least for now!

Still not sure who was pulling the strings in Paris, making the police go after Robbie. Won't go through it all again so see above! lol.

I just feel really sorry for Robbie, being raped in prison. I really hope he can get over it & move on.

Lou? Who would've guessed after all these years? Had all but forgotten that happened. Nice touch Mark.

Great chapter as always & I guess one step closer to the truth. So the pictures were tampered with as most people expected, & I expect that Jerry is now firmly in the frame for murder. Good news that Robbie's in the clear though, at least for now!

Still not sure who was pulling the strings in Paris, making the police go after Robbie. Won't go through it all again so see above! lol.

I just feel really sorry for Robbie, being raped in prison. I really hope he can get over it & move on.

Lou? Who would've guessed after all these years? Had all but forgotten that happened. Nice touch Mark.

Thanks! The link for Lou was kind of corny, but I couldn't resist.

Thanks! The link for Lou was kind of corny, but I couldn't resist.

Which is why "Do They Know It's Christmas" was a perfect song for that moment.

Edited by methodwriter85

Well, I'm glad we got Paris out of our system! :P

So why do I think Brad is going to take care of Hugo and his little gang back in the Paris prison? :angry: Brad should be speaking to Albert soon enough.

And I have to agree, the set-up around Robbie being accused of murder needs some resolution. I still can't piece it all together. :blink:

I agree. The Lou - Steph connection was really great. :great:

Great chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

Ch24: Great chapter. Finally we find out who killed Neil. I really didn't think it was Robbie. But, Mark is always full of surprises, so well done for fooling all but 1 of us! :lol:

Was a nice touch having Brad propose to Robbie like that, very well written, & hate to say it, but it did bring a tear to my eye! [small one] ;)

So pleased that things are going well for them finally, it is well deserved. Plus, Steph giving them the house next door to him, so he can move Bitty's kids in as well was great.

This was a feel good chapter, no cliffhangers, no tension, just love. Happy bunny. :D

Edited by Sir_Galahad

Ok, some people can't get Chapter 24 as yet. DO NOT READ BELOW. MAJOR SPOILER

Ch24: Great chapter. Finally we find out who killed Neil. I really didn't think it was Robbie. But, Mark is always full of surprises, so well done for fooling all but 1 of us! :lol:

Was a nice touch having Brad propose to Robbie like that, very well written, & hate to say it, but it did bring a tear to my eye! [small one] ;)

So pleased that things are going well for them finally, it is well deserved. Plus, Steph giving them the house next door to him, so he can move Bitty's kids in as well was great.

This was a feel good chapter, no cliffhangers, no tension, just love. Happy bunny. :D

Thank you oh gallant knight!

Excellent chapter! :worship::worship:

I never thought for a moment that Robbie had killed Neil. I believed that even more when the cause of death was determined to be strangulation. Not my sweet Robbie! :wub:

So, the fat lady's singing. :P You can stop now, sweetheart!

I'll get the next one! Oh yeah, baby! B) :2hands:

Good Chapter. Not too surprised by the killer; he never did explain his missing time after leaving and arriving back at the apartment. And it's good to see him working with Brad in a more open manner now.

Seeing how Robbie asserted himself with Steph when working the house, I hope that he finds a way into the business. He would be doing what he loves the most if he got to reconstruct properties, or design new ones for it.

Looking forward to the next one.

Good Chapter. Not too surprised by the killer; he never did explain his missing time after leaving and arriving back at the apartment. And it's good to see him working with Brad in a more open manner now.

Seeing how Robbie asserted himself with Steph when working the house, I hope that he finds a way into the business. He would be doing what he loves the most if he got to reconstruct properties, or design new ones for it.

Looking forward to the next one.

Yeah, Herm', that chapter shocked the he77 out of me! I never, for a second, thought that it would have been Robbie...Neil had claimed that there were others (note plural form) so I was expecting that one of his own gang had done it...was surprised when Jerry got hit with it in court, but more shocked when Robbie told Brad in counseling...but he could have avoided a lot of shit if he had used Neil's own belt on him!

Shame on you, Mark! What a brat! :P

Thanks guys! I actually got an e-mail from a guy who said the ups and downs of the story were just too intense. This was after Mouse was diagnosed as positive. You just can't make all of the people happy all of the time, but if this group is happy, then my work here is done. :worship:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..