Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Man In Motion

And here's a teaser. Who says I can't do both?

I think maybe turnabout would be cool here. We should maybe tie Mark down & have hot guys in skimpy thongs tease him. Looking but not touching! lol

That said he might just like that a wee bit too much :D

I've just joined in to this forum because of your writings and I held off reading 'Man In Motion" until the last chapter was posted. I am addicted to your tour de force adrenal style of writing and have greatly appreciated the whole series and the perspective changes over the decades. From my experience you captured very well the tone and mindset of these decades in a very moving fashion. Even though the series is an over the top soap opera it is so well founded in the times. I await your future writings with their sensitivity to life and relationship.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this series. Each story about this family just keeps getting better. But I am also really excited about the new series. It is an interesting time period with a lot of potential for unique situations and action. It is also a period not often addressed outside the academic circles.

Thanks for all the great work.

AC

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the awesome stories. After reading Be-rad and Man In Motion I decided to read all the prior stories to get further insight into the characters...I couldn't believe I spent a whole weekend just reading :) The stories just captured my attention and at times I forgot about sleep. After reading the earlier stories I decided to read be-rad and man in motion over again and i fell in love with the stories all over again... thank you mark for sharing such a wonderful writing talent.

ps. i did want to point out though that the link to chapter 27 of man in motion seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for the awesome stories. After reading Be-rad and Man In Motion I decided to read all the prior stories to get further insight into the characters...I couldn't believe I spent a whole weekend just reading :) The stories just captured my attention and at times I forgot about sleep. After reading the earlier stories I decided to read be-rad and man in motion over again and i fell in love with the stories all over again... thank you mark for sharing such a wonderful writing talent.

ps. i did want to point out though that the link to chapter 27 of man in motion seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for the heads up on 27. We'll try to get that fixed!

• 2 months later...

I've almost caught up, and I have to say that this is my favourite in the series so far.

I'm not going to even attempt to go through it chapter by chapter, one word will suffice. AMAZING! :worship::worship:

Thanks Dragon. I really enjoyed writing the beginning of the story, especially. Ironically, this story sparked probably more bitches than any other EXCEPT 1968, which continues to haunt me.

Thanks Dragon. I really enjoyed writing the beginning of the story, especially. Ironically, this story sparked probably more bitches than any other EXCEPT 1968, which continues to haunt me.

1968 was a pretty tulmultuous year. Maybe MiM sparks so much because 1985, due to the growing awareness of AIDS, was a very, very horrible year for a lot of gay men?

I was born in 1985, so MiM holds a particular note of fascination with me. The 1985 of the media- the Brat Pack, Marty McFly, Reagan's 2nd Morning in America term- stands in such starked contrast to what was going on with gay men at the time.

Where there people for whom MiM's 1985 setting sparked off some bad memories?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 9 months later...

I'm bumping this thread up. Now...how about 'em 49ers?

So... around chapter 15 or so... and we're in Paris. Sam's karma has bitten him in the ass, as has Jake's. I am sad about Roger... was hoping there was some lab error for JP.

So... around chapter 15 or so... and we're in Paris. Sam's karma has bitten him in the ass, as has Jake's. I am sad about Roger... was hoping there was some lab error for JP.

Darlin', sometimes dreams come true.Posted Image

• Like 1

Here's a bit of trivia, Cyn. Mark gave JJ Schluter my first name, Jeremy, and my dob, December 7th, 1985. Kinda as a thanks for playing DJ for his CAP series, I think. Plus, Jeremy was a fairly popular top 30 name in 1985, so it fit that Bitty might name her son that. The best part is that he surprised us with it because JJ was supposed to have been due in February 1986, but Mark had him come early. I was really touched and honored by that, Mark.

• Like 1

I wish there were a way to delete posts here. Especially after you've said something lame.

Just edit your post down to a single period, ".".

Edited by KJames

Adam wasn't talking about his post here, KJames. He was talking about my effusive post thanking Mark for giving me a namesake in the CAP series. At his Yahoo group, if I get a bit cheesy in a post, he can delete it. Not so here. So it don't matter if he finds a post to be lame, 'cause he can't do a thing.

To which I say...nyeah nyeah nah nah.Posted Image

Anyways, here's a song for MiM:

This is for the early part of the story, when Brad and Robbie were still broken up. I love the Furs.

Here's a bit of trivia, Cyn. Mark gave JJ Schluter my first name, Jeremy, and my dob, December 7th, 1985. Kinda as a thanks for playing DJ for his CAP series, I think. Plus, Jeremy was a fairly popular top 30 name in 1985, so it fit that Bitty might name her son that. The best part is that he surprised us with it because JJ was supposed to have been due in February 1986, but Mark had him come early. I was really touched and honored by that, Mark.

I thought so!! When I was reading last night, I thought... hmm... coincidence? I think not.

PS- YAY Sags! my b-day is 12/10.

Mark- thanks for making my dreams come true. Did I also mention that I wished my dissertation was written and completed? Just in case the wish fairy is still in business. Posted Image I would do almost ANYTHING to make that wish come true.

Adam... now we all want to know what you said that was so lame you want to delete it.... probably the opposite of what you wanted to happen.

Adam... now we all want to know what you said that was so lame you want to delete it.... probably the opposite of what you wanted to happen.

Yeah, Adam, now the 'world' wants to know...

I love you too Jeremy. I just hope you don't get all pissed off when this Jeremy turns out to be straight.Posted Image

Odds are, it was something rude about Jeremy. When I end up deleting a post at my Yahoo group, it's usually because I've said something rude about Jeremy. B)

Although not lately. :lol:

You're showing so much restraint these days. It must be all those sessions we have sitting around, singing "Kum-ba-ya".Posted Image

i'm going to pay for this b/c karma's a bitch and I have been reading through this CAP series like a demon on crack.

the last 5 chapters were a great way to end a really really really long day.

sad about Grandemaman, but we can't live forever, right? Can't wait to see how Darius, JJ, and Will grow up!!

I did take a sneak peek at the next story... Marcel. I'm a little sad to leave Brad, but not too sad since Mark's said he's thinking Brad needs more airtime.

ps. was I reading too fast (i'm... um... known for doing this. instead of sneaking a peek at the last page, I tend to just read super fast and sometimes i either miss stuff or mis-read stuff) ANYWAY... what happened to Mouse? Was he still ok at the end of MiM?

i'm going to pay for this b/c karma's a bitch and I have been reading through this CAP series like a demon on crack.

the last 5 chapters were a great way to end a really really really long day.

sad about Grandemaman, but we can't live forever, right? Can't wait to see how Darius, JJ, and Will grow up!!

I did take a sneak peek at the next story... Marcel. I'm a little sad to leave Brad, but not too sad since Mark's said he's thinking Brad needs more airtime.

ps. was I reading too fast (i'm... um... known for doing this. instead of sneaking a peek at the last page, I tend to just read super fast and sometimes i either miss stuff or mis-read stuff) ANYWAY... what happened to Mouse? Was he still ok at the end of MiM?

Read on, and your questions will be answered.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..