[GhostRyder] End of Kombat Kids

What would you like to see in the sequel?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in the sequel?

• More of the same
    • New Characters
    • More Sex
    • Less Sex
    • More Violence
    • Less Violence
    • Which of any of the characters would you like deleted from the story.
    • Besides Jap, who do you want to see more of (please specify by replying to this poll)
    • Out of state action
    • Do you guys even want a sequel

Hi Guys;

The reason for this poll is to give me some direction for the sequel to Kombat Kids. Rest assured that I will listen to all suggestions, but the final decisions on the story will remain with me. I DO WANT your input though, so please vote and write a reply so that I know where you're coming from. Thanks again to all of you for writing to me in the past, I look forward to hearing from you again.

GhostRyder15 :2hands:

Guest swolf

Hello Sir! This is Ron from Clayton Ga. Just so you'll know, I voted "more of the same" in the poll. I figure I've enjoyed your story so much just as you've seen fit to tell it....I trust you to keep on keeping on. .......And I'm still looking forward to that other story we've talked about!! :-)

RON

• Site Administrator

I would like to see more story... more plot... more of the same. Same level or less on sex.

Guest Juice174

I would like to see more interaction between the gay and straight members of the Unit. So much is made of the 80 / 20 split and of the group being a place where anyone is welcome and accepted that I believe this needs to be shown. So far everything that has been occurring has been involving the gay members. There has been no straight Unit members mentioned and no involvement from them. Brining straight members into the forefront of the story along with all the other characters we have come to know and love will strengthen your message of straight and gay people being able to get along and be friends.

Juice

Hello there Ghost!

I'd would say more of the same because i am a person who hates change.

HOWEVER, i saw "Out of State action" in the poll and it interested me a LOT. The concept of spreading nationally is SO COOL!!

So thats my decision. HOWEVER, keep the existing characters and familiar plot :P and ill be SUPER HAPPY!

I would like to see more interaction between the gay and straight members of the Unit.  So much is made of the 80 / 20 split and of the group being a place where anyone is welcome and accepted that I believe this needs to be shown.  So far everything that has been occurring has been involving the gay members.  There has been no straight Unit members mentioned and no involvement from them.  Brining straight members into the forefront of the story along with all the other characters we have come to know and love will strengthen your message of straight and gay people being able to get along and be friends.

Juice

OMFG i so agree with this. I forgot to mention this in my reply.

Now, back to my previous post... ghost, of course its ALL up to you to come up with the story content. So far, the stuff youve produced through your own decision is THRILLING.

There are a lot directions you could go.

-Pick a few characters and follow them as they grow up and go to college.

-Another direction, with the success of the initial Unit 1, take it national with chapters opening elsewhere with some of the original squaddies going to be leaders there.

-If you want to go dark, some off the KK's who have been abused or bashed might go vigilante and use their training and tactics to get some payback. (think Punisher)

It's your story and from what I've seen it's wide open. I'm sure that we'll enjoy it.

I look forward to seeing more.

-JS

I voted for "More of..."

My choice would be more visiting military.

One of the visiting officers (a grown up Army brat, I think) told the brothers that he had heard some astonishing things from the Kids. How about a chapter when a soldier or officer repeats this line to the readers (and his fellow military), adding "and then I SAW some astonishing things", going on to describe one of the weekend encounters from the soldiers' point of view.

By now, the Kids have some experience, so it might be time for one of the earlier visiting Marine groups to return at their own request, knowing full well WHO they will be dealing with, but not what new tricks the Kids will have waiting! I like it when the Kids and the military earn each others' respect, and treat everyone civily as soldiers and men.

Could Jap have a rematch on the firing range where, after explaining what particular gun he usually shoots, lets the other guy use Bert? The 2 shooters would explain to others that this time, they just want to know for themselves who is better, but they do have some personal money at risk, just to prevent either from "letting" the other win.

Edited by jimboylan
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Das Drache

G'day

How about an international?

KK in Oz :2thumbs:

seriously the series is awesome - I just wish u'd hurry up and post new chapters I'm hangin here. I've read up to 49 and I'm desparate for more :-)

I agree we could see more of the straight guys and maybe even a few female members?

cheers

I would like to read about some kids who like being with other males, but may not want to "go all the way" in bed. There was one Kid who bit the penis that tried to feed him. However, there are many degrees of gayness, especially in younger Kids who may not believe all that they have been told in the straight world about what goes on at the Batemans' house.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jsand713

Hey--

JOhn in El Paso here.

Really really like the story. Almost too many story lines though (like what happened to James' boyfriend?)

I think it would be fun for the Unit to be the agressors at some point since many times the advantage lies with the defender. That would be good training too.

JOhn

Edited by jsand713
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest pookieBear

How about introducing something like a international element, IE have em go against the british sas or part of the airbourne Brigade?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest hyannis
Hi Guys;

The reason for this poll is to give me some direction for the sequel to Kombat Kids. Rest assured that I will listen to all suggestions, but the final decisions on the story will remain with me. I DO WANT your input though, so please vote and write a reply so that I know where you're coming from. Thanks again to all of you for writing to me in the past, I look forward to hearing from you again.

GhostRyder15 :2hands:

Hi GhostRyder15

There are not that many stories on Nifty.Org that I enjoy more and that is reading meaningful, exciting and enjoyable stories just like Kombat Kids and Tunnel. The reason I have put Tunnel in the same light as Kombat Kids is that Kombat Kids has gone into hybernation! :-(

When are you going to write the next instalmant?

Hyannis

Hi GhostRyder15

There are not that many stories on Nifty.Org that I enjoy more and that is reading meaningful, exciting and enjoyable stories just like Kombat Kids and Tunnel. The reason I have put Tunnel in the same light as Kombat Kids is that Kombat Kids has gone into hybernation! :-(

When are you going to write the next instalmant?

Hyannis

Ouch!! Before ya jump....look here The Padded Room - Designed by Insane Assylum Productions for Tunnel and here any progress - Gay Story Discussion

about KK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chrispy

I voted "More of the same" since I like how the story is being written. With stories that have a good plot and characters, such as KK, I do tend to skip over most of the sex scenes. I just prefer gay fiction as long as it is well written.

Keep up the good work.

Chrispy

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ghostryder 15 !

Kombat Kids was the first story I red aon GA. I still read it again sometimes, waiting on the next chapters.

Dont be tired, I'm sure a lot of people are also waiting....

Old Bob, old but still alive .....

:2thumbs:

• 2 years later...
Hey Ghostryder 15 !

Kombat Kids was the first story I red aon GA. I still read it again sometimes, waiting on the next chapters.

Dont be tired, I'm sure a lot of people are also waiting....

Old Bob, old but still alive .....

:2thumbs:

Nice to hear from you again :worship: .

As you see, I'm still waiting :lol: . I only hope its not the end of "Kombat Kids" ( the story is marked "incompete" :( ).

My wish : next chapters of "Attack and Response" and "Kombat Kids" .

The stories are good as they are ! No change needed, unless your want it yourself.

I miss stories about military on GA (other important exceptions : DK's stories). It has to do with my own military career. These stories remains me of my own experiences :P .

Old Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Ouch!! Before ya jump....look here The Padded Room - Designed by Insane Assylum Productions for Tunnel and here any progress - Gay Story Discussion

about KK

As regards similar stories, may I recommend Roland's The Unit, hosted on The Story Lover's Home. The basic thesis is, suppose a secret Army project to genetically modify kids to become super soldiers. Now, what happens when one of these kids rebels against his onerous programming and training, and escapes? A caveat: the story is part of the Clan Short Universe family of stories, and while the first 20+ chapters are completely plausible in our world given the assumption of genetic modification, it does end up tying into the main CSU plotline. (I mention this because some people get very upset when the assumptions they've brought to a story get knocked into a cocked hat by the storyline.)

=============

I very much loved Kombat Kids, which I read recently and enjoyed greatly. I do have to comment that I have not been able to get into Attack and Response, which I started reading as the announced sequel to KK -- because it requires a familiarity with yet another set of characters that I had not encountered, from the first chapter on. That's not a putdown of the story per se, much less of the other story, but a personal reaction to having been "dumped" into a presumed familiarity with both stories, one of which I hadn't read. I'd love to see a "true sequel" to KK that deals with what happened between KK and A&R.

As regards similar stories, may I recommend Roland's The Unit, hosted on The Story Lover's Home. The basic thesis is, suppose a secret Army project to genetically modify kids to become super soldiers. Now, what happens when one of these kids rebels against his onerous programming and training, and escapes? A caveat: the story is part of the Clan Short Universe family of stories, and while the first 20+ chapters are completely plausible in our world given the assumption of genetic modification, it does end up tying into the main CSU plotline. (I mention this because some people get very upset when the assumptions they've brought to a story get knocked into a cocked hat by the storyline.)

=============

I very much loved Kombat Kids, which I read recently and enjoyed greatly. I do have to comment that I have not been able to get into Attack and Response, which I started reading as the announced sequel to KK -- because it requires a familiarity with yet another set of characters that I had not encountered, from the first chapter on. That's not a putdown of the story per se, much less of the other story, but a personal reaction to having been "dumped" into a presumed familiarity with both stories, one of which I hadn't read. I'd love to see a "true sequel" to KK that deals with what happened between KK and A&R.

Hi D&B,

Yes, The Unit is a wonderful story, thank you.