Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 43

A run in with Jerry! I can't believe Jerry retreated. I'm thinking as soon as he meets up with Yuri he won't pass up the opportunity to go back and get a little revenge on Eric. He has too much of an ego..

Great chapter CJ! You had me on the edge of my seat whilst reading!

A run in with Jerry! I can't believe Jerry retreated. I'm thinking as soon as he meets up with Yuri he won't pass up the opportunity to go back and get a little revenge on Eric. He has too much of an ego..

Great chapter CJ! You had me on the edge of my seat whilst reading!

Thanks!!

Jerry had a problem; he lost his gun, and his henchmen are on the verge of mutiny due to fear of the volcano. They want very badly to leave.

I think I can say, without fear of contradiction, that either Jerry will be back, or he won't. 0:)

Another great chapter, Cliff! There's no end to the mischief Eric can get into. One more cliffhanger added; none resolved.

Greetings, your Amphibiousness!

What cliffhangers could there be in Nemesis!??!?!

Eric has long loathed Jerry, and his inner gift allowed him to be certain that it was indeed Jerry.

BTW, I don't know why everyone worries so. There were a lot of concerns regarding Keith in the last chapter, but all that happened is he was fed some nice, hot cheese omletes and had a friendly chat with Jerry.

This chapter was excellent, CJ! :worship::worship:

We're into the thick of the action now! Yippee! :2thumbs:

Loved the water fight! :wub:

Thanks Conner!

Thick of the action? Perhaps I'd best not mention that the title of Chapter 44 is Countdown to Ragnar

• Site Moderator

There was a few close calls with Jerry in previous chapters between Jerry and Jansen. It has to make you wonder how he would have been if it had been Jansen that came into the kitchen.

B) .........Poor misunderstood Jerry, attacked in the parking lot by a tequila induced Eric! Kicked in the nuts after he went to all the trouble to make Keith a cheese omelet.

Humm, Scar never did retrieve his misplaced gun, I wonder who will find it? Now with Yuri coming and Scar meeting him, the henchmen won't dare to try to leave? Besides they have no way off the island without Scar and Yuri. So I think Yuri, will some hesitation about it will lead an assault at the resort at the Scar's beckoning. The 'Marines' aren't coming it will be up to the band to defeat Scar and his people.

There was a few close calls with Jerry in previous chapters between Jerry and Jansen. It has to make you wonder how he would have been if it had been Jansen that came into the kitchen.

Jerry can be a bit mercurial at times, especially when under stress, so that's a good question. My guess is about the same, but with Jerry, it's a roll of the dice in many cases.

BTW, everyone was so worried about Keith in the last chapter. But, in the chapter 42 thread, I said;

I really don't see why everyone is so concerned about Keith. Granted, cheese (as in a cheese omlette) has cholesterol, but at his age he doesn't need to worry much about such things. I'm sure Jerry is in a generous, sharing mood and would happily share the omlettes with Keith, and have a friendly chat and then be on his way. :wub:

And isn't that exactly what happened? See, y'all worry too much. :P

B) .........Poor misunderstood Jerry, attacked in the parking lot by a tequila induced Eric! Kicked in the nuts after he went to all the trouble to make Keith a cheese omelet.

Humm, Scar never did retrieve his misplaced gun, I wonder who will find it? Now with Yuri coming and Scar meeting him, the henchmen won't dare to try to leave? Besides they have no way off the island without Scar and Yuri. So I think Yuri, will some hesitation about it will lead an assault at the resort at the Scar's beckoning. The 'Marines' aren't coming it will be up to the band to defeat Scar and his people.

Glad to see you're joining me regarding poor misunderstood Jerry. :jerry:

Yes indeed, he's had a rough time of it. He made Keith breakfast, and then was on his way away from the resort, and then the poor, crippled Jerry is brutally kicked in the nuts during an unprovoked attack in the parking lot, by Eric. Ouch. :(

Is it any wonder that Jerry can be a bit temperamental at times? He's just a guy with a love of theatrics, who is happiest when left to his own devices (in his case, that means nuclear devices).

Jerry is a bit unusual in his mannerisms; he's theatric and melodramatic. He's straight (that was revealed in LTMP). He's not homophobic, as seen by his willingness to kiss Dimitri in public in Rome as part of a cover, and his masquerading as a gay man to get close to Instinct to use its shipping for his nukes (plus, of course, their fundraising draw for his charitable fundraisers, which helpled finance his nuke-building).

He's not the best of fathers; he murdered his wife when she found out about his arms buisness, traumatizing his young son, and then he was quite willing to have his son killed along with Instinct. I guess he has no hope of a father of the year award.

In LTMP, we did see that he can be a firm negotiator. He reunited an electronics manufacturer's daughter with her father gradually,

one little piece at a time. (Maybe he feels that reunions shouldn't be rushed?) in order to get some electronic parts.

Now that he's lost an arm, it deprives him of one of his favorite activities, as seen in LTMP: Garroting people. So, is it any wonder that he's a touch bitter these days?

Great Chapter CJ :worship:

I really hope that Eric gets to kick the Scar's butt again. That was a highlight of the chapter for me. Pretty funny that the Scar just ran away and didn't try anything else.

It also seems likely that Scar might not realize the Fel and the General have met up with Eric and the gang. Seems like the Scar is in for a major surprise.

Great Chapter CJ :worship:

I really hope that Eric gets to kick the Scar's butt again. That was a highlight of the chapter for me. Pretty funny that the Scar just ran away and didn't try anything else.

It also seems likely that Scar might not realize the Fel and the General have met up with Eric and the gang. Seems like the Scar is in for a major surprise.

Thank you Edward!

The Scar knows that Instinct is working with the General and Felecia; that suspicion is why he came to the island and was at the resort (the reason he was after Instinct was to get the bombs back). He's also heard of Helen's press conference, which confirmed it.

There will be a few surprises in store, for all. :)

And, a chapter title announcement; the next chapter is 44, "Countdown to Ragnar

Thank you Edward!

The Scar knows that Instinct is working with the General and Felecia; that suspicion is why he came to the island and was at the resort (the reason he was after Instinct was to get the bombs back). He's also heard of Helen's press conference, which confirmed it.

There will be a few surprises in store, for all. :)

And, a chapter title announcement; the next chapter is 44, "Countdown to Ragnar

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..