It sates itself on the life-blood

of fated men,

paints red the powers' homes

with crimson gore.

Black become the sun's beams

in the summers that follow,

weathers all treacherous.

Do you still seek to know? And what?

Jerry Clump is a dastardly devil and a pusillanimous polecat. That said, I was impressed that he had the foresight to buckle his seat belt. :thumbdown:

So, the clock is ticking; we know Scar's plan of escape. How will it all end? Do you still seek to know?

Edited by MikeL

And I take it t that he's going to use the nuc inside of the volcano?

It's really going to hurt Brandon and eric the most about jim and linda, Looking forward to the next chapter, and yuri should die or go to jail as well.

It's really going to hurt Brandon and eric the most about jim and linda, Looking forward to the next chapter, and yuri should die or go to jail as well.

B) .................That is a stretch for me, to much work, time and danger, I mean getting the nuke near a volcano is going to be dangerous enough. They probably only to need to be anywhere on the island to 'mask' the nuke explosion covering up the volcanoes eruption perhaps behind a large hill opposite the airstrip where Horst and the party are coming back from (that would be tense). The steady spewing of ash and smoke would probably be enough cover until someone did some real digging for the epicenter of the explosion. The real question is 'Will the explosion of the nuke relieve the volcanoes pressure or hastened it?' I love the countdown for the detonation, which one is it for?? Felicia is the key in securing the base, the Scars troops have no chance against Felicia's, Yuri and Scar may have killed their mercenaries too early as they race for the airfield. But the goats query into yachtsman in recent on GA turns the focus of escape for our 'heroes' in a different direction. Justice would be served if Scar is left handcuffed to his precious nuke while it is ticking, however that would make leaving the island by boat a suicide for the wedding party, the boat would have to be at least 20 miles away when it explodes to escape harm. The volcano erupting would serve a better escape route for the yacht (and a finer end for Scar as he watches lava rush at him). The US military has to be on standby somewhere near this mess, with the Echidna, errrrr! I mean the esteemed State Department official Mr. Graeme, after all the pencil pusher did make a bit of an embarrassment for the US.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

What would happen if you dropped a nuke into a volcano?

Found someone discussing the above idea

I think when this mess is over - there be a story to tell and a tribute to those losted

so right now is like no time to be sad - if you want to survive the bad guys

I think when this mess is over - there be a story to tell and a tribute to those losted

Don't think Scar would have to drop it in. Just detonate it nearby to trigger an earthquake which would cause the volcano to collapse. Is the airport far enough away from any possible ground zero to permit an escape by air?

You're right; Brandon and Eric were the closest to Jim and Linda.

B) .................That is a stretch for me, to much work, time and danger, I mean getting the nuke near a volcano is going to be dangerous enough. They probably only to need to be anywhere on the island to 'mask' the nuke explosion covering up the volcanoes eruption perhaps behind a large hill opposite the airstrip where Horst and the party are coming back from (that would be tense). The steady spewing of ash and smoke would probably be enough cover until someone did some real digging for the epicenter of the explosion. The real question is 'Will the explosion of the nuke relieve the volcanoes pressure or hastened it?' I love the countdown for the detonation, which one is it for?? Felicia is the key in securing the base, the Scars troops have no chance against Felicia's, Yuri and Scar may have killed their mercenaries too early as they race for the airfield. But the goats query into yachtsman in recent on GA turns the focus of escape for our 'heroes' in a different direction. Justice would be served if Scar is left handcuffed to his precious nuke while it is ticking, however that would make leaving the island by boat a suicide for the wedding party, the boat would have to be at least 20 miles away when it explodes to escape harm. The volcano erupting would serve a better escape route for the yacht (and a finer end for Scar as he watches lava rush at him). The US military has to be on standby somewhere near this mess, with the Echidna, errrrr! I mean the esteemed State Department official Mr. Graeme, after all the pencil pusher did make a bit of an embarrassment for the US.

Ah yes, Mr. Graeme, he of the prickly personality, has certainly caused a few headaches, though he's just part of a power block. The interesting thing there might be how do they change their stance without embarrassing themselves? (Public humiliation is something political types are not fond of). :)

I do need to clear up one thing; my yachting question has absolutely nothing to do with Changing Lanes. It's for a story idea I'm toying with for a new story.

Dropping a nuke onto the surface or in the crater of an erupting volcano might not do a lot... it would have to get deep inside to really blow the magma chambers open. But if that happened, what a mess! Thanks for the link. :)

Don't think Scar would have to drop it in. Just detonate it nearby to trigger an earthquake which would cause the volcano to collapse. Is the airport far enough away from any possible ground zero to permit an escape by air?

The immediate kill zone for a groundburst in the 20kt range isn't all that far, just a couple of miles or less, depending mainly on terrain. On the other hand, for the volcanic issue, the airport would destroyed within minutes if the full lateral collapse occurred; the tsunamis on the west side would simply wrap around the island. (the airport is right on the edge of the sea, about 20ft above sea level.)

I'll also mention that their was a prior chapter with the word "Ragnarök" in it... "Prelude to Ragnarök". In that chapter, we saw the launch of the mission to Iran, and also the awakening of Cumbre Vieja (The final line in the chapter was "And the Earth, awakened, continued to dance...." Now we have 44, "Countdown to Ragnarök". So, now might be a good time to mention the title of chapter 45: "Ragnarok".

:ph34r:

Ah yes, Mr. Graeme, he of the prickly personality, has certainly caused a few headaches, though he's just part of a power block. The interesting thing there might be how do they change their stance without embarrassing themselves? (Public humiliation is something political types are not fond of). :)

Of course plausible denial!! The government loves those!

I do need to clear up one thing; my yachting question has absolutely nothing to do with Changing Lanes. It's for a story idea I'm toying with for a new story.

Of Course plausible denial!! The goat love those!

Edited by Benji

It seems that escape by air or just being at the airport - a couple of miles - one maybe toast - the blast of the bomb out of the tunnel and then fact of eruption changed dynamics in chap 45

Maybe if you're just in the c-130 on the ground or the bathroom of the terminal - you'll survive.

Its unsure of scars flypath if he got in the way of the mt st helen type blast.

He could be toast at the bottom of the sea with a unexploded nuke - headed towards Canada or Boston or NYC or DC with the tsnami

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..