Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Favorite Mystical/Mythological Creatures

Tiger

Favorite Mystical/Mythological Creatures  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite human-like creatures?

2. 2. What are your favorite animal-like creatures

• Dragons
    • Unicorns
    • Gargoyles
    • Griffins
    • Phoenixes
    • Mystical Snakes (such as Basilisks)
    • Other(s) (Please specify)

Well, there are so many! Some are human-like while others are not. They're amazing! I happen to like them all! There are some I like more than others. The human-like creatures I like most are centaurs, merpeople, and elves. For the animal-like creatures, I prefer dragons, unicorns, and phoenixes. :D

Edited by Tiger

LOL at gay male unicorns...

I do like vampires too, though I figured three was enough. Werewolves scare me though. I know that vampires are scary too, but they can bite me as long as they turn me. :P

I do like vampires too, though I figured three was enough. Werewolves scare me though. I know that vampires are scary too, but they can bite me as long as they turn me. :P

B).........LOL @ Gay male unicorns!!

Vampires & Elves

Unicorn & Phoenixes

Edited by Benji

Hmm... well... depends on your definition of 'mythological'. There is a certain body of myth built up around vampires but they are not technically mythological because they are real. OK not in the way they have been depicited in literature and art but real nonetheless. Ironically they are kin to angels, which are not mythological either.

I would choose the phoenix as my all time favourite followed by unicorn gay or not, I have to add in werewolf as one of my really good friends is were and he will kill me if I don't :)

Well.... you DID ask

I do like vampires too, though I figured three was enough. Werewolves scare me though. I know that vampires are scary too, but they can bite me as long as they turn me. tongue.gif

I'd be happy to bite you but you can't turn into a vampire... either you are one or you're not.

Gay male unicorn. Man..., that's horny.

I also like minotaur. But I guess that's similar to centaur, like Pegasus is similar to unicorn.

I also like phoenix, because phoenix rises from Ashi (*ducks and covers*).

Ashi (still in his ash stage)

Gay male unicorn. Man..., that's horny.

I also like minotaur. But I guess that's similar to centaur, like Pegasus is similar to unicorn.

I also like phoenix, because phoenix rises from Ashi (*ducks and covers*).

Ashi (still in his ash stage)

Sorry, stole the idea of Piers Anthony....thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Site Administrator

Sorry, stole the idea of Piers Anthony....thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Try Alan Dean Foster, and his Spellsinger series, but I can't remember which one it was in :)

Try Alan Dean Foster, and his Spellsinger series, but I can't remember which one it was in smile.gif

You could be right, but I read it close to 35 years ago or so...

I love pheonixes. I'm not sure why, probably cause I've been a final-fantasy nerd for as long as I can remember. ( Irrelevant ) But I do think they are beautiful, atleast in my mind. as for the human/like. I'm a huge fan of werewolves. Mainly because I think the guy I like is close to one, mmmm furry tall and strong/warm and cuddly looking. I don't even register the 'I'm a wolf' part.

Lol. I fear I've said too much...

Since I am ugly and evil, those creatures don't interest me.

I've always been partial to Tolkien's Elves. It's good that Frodo had the damn ring because I would never had left Imladris or Lothlorien.

rivendell.jpg

lothlorien.jpg

This is where I go when you see me and you know that I'm not home.

As for mystical beasts, I like Pegasi.

pegasus.jpg

• Like 3

Since I am ugly and evil, those creatures don't interest me.

I've always been partial to Tolkien's Elves. It's good that Frodo had the damn ring because I would never had left Imladris or Lothlorien.

rivendell.jpg

lothlorien.jpg

This is where I go when you see me and you know that I'm not home.

As for mystical beasts, I like Pegasi.

pegasus.jpg

Beautiful imagery. I don't believe you are either ugly or evil... well okay a bit evil but then I like evil.

Okay, yes, I voted for Werewolves and Vampires... but that doesn't mean that I'm a fan of Twilight. Although I have read all of the books... and seen the movie... and have a poster of Edward on my wall... and I have the New Moon release date marked on my calendar... Oh no :o

Though Griffins are my favorite mythological creature. I was convinced that I could make one when I was younger, but my parents weren't able to get the necessary eagle egg and lion semen. :(

:wub: Chris

Heh... Vampires, but I'm doing a story about Angels.. not sure they apply to the list, but heh.. I did vote Other and that's the reason.

Unicorns and Pegasus are my top fave creatures... :)

Heh... Vampires, but I'm doing a story about Angels.. not sure they apply to the list, but heh.. I did vote Other and that's the reason.

Unicorns and Pegasus are my top fave creatures... smile.gif

Vampires and Angels are more closely linked than you might think. Vampires are not as dark as they have been painted and Angles are most certainly not as light.

Vampires and Angels are more closely linked than you might think. Vampires are not as dark as they have been painted and Angles are most certainly not as light.

Even speaking of the "Hollywood" myth here, and/or the Comicality factor, Vampires DO fall in love, and has no one heard of "The Angel of Death"?

Yeah, in my.. "super secret story" I doing the whole angel thing... definitely going to have different degrees of... "goodness" or "evilness" :P And, although some say its a bad representation of writing/vampires, the Twilight Saga paints a... lighter picture of Vampires.

Yeah, in my.. "super secret story" I doing the whole angel thing... definitely going to have different degrees of... "goodness" or "evilness" tongue.gif And, although some say its a bad representation of writing/vampires, the Twilight Saga paints a... lighter picture of Vampires.

Eeeeeww,.,, Twilight.... *spits to get bad taste out of mouth*... cough cough... vampires DO NOT sparkle.... although come to think of it I do wear a lot of glittery eyeshadow :)

Even speaking of the "Hollywood" myth here, and/or the Comicality factor, Vampires DO fall in love, and has no one heard of "The Angel of Death"?

Lucifer Morningstar is an angel. And there is a reason why Micha'el (*spits*) carries a flaming sword. It isn't for decoration. Seraphim are born killers... born to kill... and Cherubim have as much in common with the chubby naked babies as I have to a fluffy kitten.

I wouldn't say Seriphim are natural born killers. True the name translates to the burning ones, but according to Jewish & Christian it is not a reference to a fiery sword, it is more in reference to burning eternally from love and zeal for god. So more of a passion than an actual physical flame.

Cherubim on the other hand... well those were adopted from an older mythology. They were said to be the protectors (sentinels if you will) of the garden of Eden.

Also I realize that some things do leave a bad taste... however spitting isn't vary gracious.

Steve

I wouldn't say Seriphim are natural born killers. True the name translates to the burning ones, but according to Jewish & Christian it is not a reference to a fiery sword, it is more in reference to burning eternally from love and zeal for god. So more of a passion than an actual physical flame.

Cherubim on the other hand... well those were adopted from an older mythology. They were said to be the protectors (sentinels if you will) of the garden of Eden.

Also I realize that some things do leave a bad taste... however spitting isn't vary gracious.

Steve

Well.... if you look at them you instantly turn to a crisp, without them even having to try... I would call that a natural killer. Lucifer was a Seraph before he fell.

A lot depends on your viewpoint and I have to admit I have never associated angels with religion, Hebrew or Christian. The scriptures wrote about them but I do not think they entirely had their measure. My association has been more with fallen angels than non fallen ones and so I am somewhat biased on the score.

Oh... and I never claimed to be gracious

Well.... if you look at them you instantly turn to a crisp, without them even having to try... I would call that a natural killer. Lucifer was a Seraph before he fell.

A lot depends on your viewpoint and I have to admit I have never associated angels with religion, Hebrew or Christian. The scriptures wrote about them but I do not think they entirely had their measure. My association has been more with fallen angels than non fallen ones and so I am somewhat biased on the score.

I would account turning to a crisp instantly as a design flaw when it comes to the human being. This surely cant be ascribed to "Angels" as being "born killers" alone. After all there would have to a conscious choice somewhere along the lines for something to be a killer. Not just a by product of their existence (or lack thereof).

I know very well what Lucifer was before he fell.

For someone who professes not to equate angels with religion you are sure enough citing religious mythology concerning angels and their fall from grace. I would suggest you research both sides of the Angel mythology in the future before you make blanket statements concerning them. After all, once an Angel falls from grace it ceases to be an angel and becomes a demon... funny things semantics are, but they are there for a reason.

As for the gracious thing.. it would be nice if we all tried... at least every once in a while. You know instead of being concerned with such trivial things as appearing to be "right" on a bulletin board.

Angels, as fascinating as they may be, aren't mythological beings I like. Ive always been partial to Vampires on the humanoid side of the spectrum. On the animal side of things I prefer Dragons and Griffins.

Gracious or not, the real question that the world now waits to an answer for, with bated breath, is: Do you spit more like a man putting some distance behind it thumbsupsmileyanim.gif, or more like a lady and hope that it gets away from your lips and doesn't dribble down your chin blink.gif instead?

Edited by kjames
  • Like 1