Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

It makes sense that Wade is more mature, because he's had to grow up very fast in the D.C. world where jaded cyncism is what's for breakfast. Not to mention what his parents did to him. Whereas Matt grew up in this very sheltered, upper-class suburban lifestyle. I think it's been very fascinating to see what a Hayes would have been like if he had been reared in an upper-class environment-he doesn't carry around the self-loathing and self-destructive tendencies of the typical Hayes, yet Matt is still just as emotional as Robbie or Jeff and cannot pull of the cooly unemotional rationality that people like JP and Wade can. It's interesting how even though Matt was raised that way, he can't quite pull off being a blue-blood.

I'm not sure about your last statement. Not all Brahmins have that self-control, that unemotional edge to them. I think it's part of the training, but the results are mixed. Still, I guess I have made a strong case for environment vs. genetics in how a person turns out. Unless, of course, I go back in and f**k Matt up. tongue.gif I could see him getting into bondage.innocent.gif

Well... that was an awesome chapter. There was drama and pain but also lightness. I have read elsewhere today about intensity and suffering being part of life but not a part that can be comfortably read about in large doses without some relief. I think you have the balance right in this chapter. There was pain and suffering but also lightness and even laughter. Given how heavy the chapter was it couldn't have ended better.

I think this chapter is a clear illustration of why you are so popular and your stories are so well received and discussed. It was written by a master and has not only given me a great read and emotion to carry with me throught the day along with plenty to think about but it has also taught me something about writing and what makes a good story a great story.

Thank you

Why thank you Nephy! Playing this whole thing off has been a bit difficult, because I have to get the medical stuff right or someone out there will blast me, and rightfully so. But I had someone do the research for me, so all I have to do is fill in the blanks.

I'm not sure about your last statement. Not all Brahmins have that self-control, that unemotional edge to them. I think it's part of the training, but the results are mixed. Still, I guess I have made a strong case for environment vs. genetics in how a person turns out. Unless, of course, I go back in and f**k Matt up. tongue.gif I could see him getting into bondage.innocent.gif

Why thank you Nephy! Playing this whole thing off has been a bit difficult, because I have to get the medical stuff right or someone out there will blast me, and rightfully so. But I had someone do the research for me, so all I have to do is fill in the blanks.

Oooh Matt into bondage... now that I would like to see :)devilsmiley.gif And I think you did a little more than just fill in the blanks Mark :)

I'm in Ontario visiting my da. That was a great chapter. :great:

Matt's parents....well, I don't know for sure...but....I'm not very confident over their conversion. This whole situation sucks. :(

Even my own dad thinks gays are pedophiles. :angry:

So Benjamin has made an appearance back in the story? LOL This should be interesting.

I'm so glad Matt is doing better. Now that he's more alert I'm sure it's driving him a little crazy that he's still stuck in bed. Hopefully he'll be able to get back to school and into life. So far Wade and Matt have pretty much shared friends, but now Wade's making friends on his own and I wonder how Matt will feel about that.

Thanks for the early Christmas present, Mark!

it's funny how gays might be thought of pedofiles when some women are the ones robbin the craddle moreso then homosexuals. Exept of course a 10 year old straight boy probably wouldn't object either, to a women.

I totaly wish u'd consider a paralell novel to the CAP series. Maybe of i duno lark's story? whatever did happen to Brads best friend :o :o to cost robbie his parents. :o :o In fact i'm a little more surprised robbies parents didn't just show up after greg died and robbie took over to try and get her job back.

Anyway enough of my tangents of what could come to be. i love the story and matt's illness i love wade i love everything this time of year is soo good. Anyway

Merry Christmas to all!!

P.S; can there not be an autobiography or long ass pages of posts i have to catch up on in three days time. THANKS!!! haha :P

I totaly wish u'd consider a paralell novel to the CAP series. Maybe of i duno lark's story? whatever did happen to Brads best friend

I actually had an idea to do short concurrent stories written from the point-of-view of Will and JJ Schluter as they grew up in Malibu during the 1990's and early 2000's, before Mark switches to them as the storytellers when we roll around to circa 2005, but...eh. I got lazy. LOL. Still, I imagine that Will and JJ prolly have an intereresting viewpoint, growing up in such an different way from most kids. Two dads, a lesbian mom, and more money than we'll ever see in our lifetime.

As for Lark, I imagine he's a stoned-out homeless loser who sleeps on the bench at the Santa Monica Pier.

whatever did happen to Brads best friend ohmy.gifohmy.gif to cost robbie his parents. ohmy.gifohmy.gif In fact i'm a little more surprised robbies parents didn't just show up after greg died and robbie took over to try and get her job back.

I think you are mixing up Robbie and Max. Max was the one that got involved with Lark. As for Robbie's parents, they are divorced. His father, Frank is with Isidore now, while his mother I assume is with the pastor? Can't remember if they married or were merely hanging out together.

So Benjamin has made an appearance back in the story? LOL This should be interesting.

I'm so glad Matt is doing better. Now that he's more alert I'm sure it's driving him a little crazy that he's still stuck in bed. Hopefully he'll be able to get back to school and into life. So far Wade and Matt have pretty much shared friends, but now Wade's making friends on his own and I wonder how Matt will feel about that.

Thanks for the early Christmas present, Mark!

I agree with you. Matt's an action-oriented guy. Sitting around in a hospital would drive him nuts.

This was a wonderful chapter and just right for Christmas Eve. Thanks Mark... for the content and the delivery :)

Why thank you!wub.gif

I think you are mixing up Robbie and Max. Max was the one that got involved with Lark. As for Robbie's parents, they are divorced. His father, Frank is with Isidore now, while his mother I assume is with the pastor? Can't remember if they married or were merely hanging out together.

That's correct. I didn't specify Robbie's mother's relationship. The last time we saw her (if I recall correctly) was in MIM.

This was a little bit disturbing chapter. I found some similarities with Wade... :blink: But anyway! HOPE! :2thumbs: Thanks Mark for a nice Christmas present! :wub:

And dry Whist is back to spend some nice time with his students! :lmao: (probably with that slut Jerry anyway... :thumbdown: I see some puppet theatre here :pissed:) Now what fun it'll be when JP and Stef find out about Benjamin! :lmao: I hope Wade tells them. Not to help him in his political fight (I think a Danfield would never do that, give up against stronger enemy) but just for fun. :)

Whist + Stef is too fun of a recipe to ignore.

who is David?

David Sizemore, Robbie's (and now Wade's) shrink.

The funny thing about that is the fact that Tobey Maguire was apparently very much a pussyhound back in the late 90's, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Lukas Haas making up what they allegedly called the "Pussy Posse".

Edited by methodwriter85

The funny thing about that is the fact that Tobey Maguire was apparently very much a pussyhound back in the late 90's, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Lukas Haas making up what they allegedly called the "Pussy Posse".

I thought he was bi?

Spiderman? Cody already f**ked him. I don't think Matt did. Yet.biggrin.gif

Well, I think it's wrong to assume someone's gay just because the tabloids say they are. Now, if it's Mika, I can see why. Now I'd love to think that Tobey Maguire is gay or bi, but that may or may not be the case.

Most Hollywood actors are pussyhounds, and they can get any pussy they want, especially if they're that hot.

Well, I think it's wrong to assume someone's gay just because the tabloids say they are. Now, if it's Mika, I can see why. Now I'd love to think that Tobey Maguire is gay or bi, but that may or may not be the case.

Most Hollywood actors are pussyhounds, and they can get any pussy they want, especially if they're that hot.

Good points.

Still, in the CAPWORLD, Maguire likes to take it up the ass.tongue.gif

I think this chapter is a clear illustration of why you are so popular and your stories are so well received and discussed. It was written by a master and has not only given me a great read and emotion to carry with me throught the day along with plenty to think about but it has also taught me something about writing and what makes a good story a great story.

Thank you

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

(Of course, it takes a writer of Nephylim's skill to cogently write what the rest of us were thinking!)

One of the hottest guys I ever met in my life, a student of mine, told me that Verdana was the coolest, classiest of all the fonts. I figured that if a walking God thought that, who was I to object?

Great line, Mark!

Ah, I remember being a teaching assistant and then college professor. New fresh meat students arriving each fall.

One lovely lass was very concerned about her grade in my class. She told me that she would do anything for an A. I probed and she assured me she meant anything. As she leaned over so that I could enjoy the view of young, firm breasts, she suddenly became very upset when I suggested she try studying if she was really willing to do anything!.

Great line, Mark!

Ah, I remember being a teaching assistant and then college professor. New fresh meat students arriving each fall.

One lovely lass was very concerned about her grade in my class. She told me that she would do anything for an A. I probed and she assured me she meant anything. As she leaned over so that I could enjoy the view of young, firm breasts, she suddenly became very upset when I suggested she try studying if she was really willing to do anything!.

lmaosmiley.gif

Yep. In class, they're off limits. Once the semester ends, on the other hand...devilsmiley.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..