http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiz80CuDN8Y

How do I embed it? lol -.-

Just copy and paste the URL; do not use the link function.

Looks like you did cut + paste the URL, Symp. The only way I can embed vids to display like Mike's is to use media "tags" like this

Add this immediately to the end of the URL:

[/media]

and add this immediately to the beginning of the URL:

[media]

I can't show you the whole line because then the tags will be executed and disappear :(

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

Looks like you did cut + paste the URL, Symp. The only way I can embed vids to display like Mike's is to use media "tags" like this

Add this immediately to the end of the URL:

[/media]

and add this immediately to the beginning of the URL:

[media]

I can't show you the whole line because then the tags will be executed and disappear :(

Au contraire, mon ami, Zombie.

I just copy and paste a video URL such as from youtube.  I do not use the media tags.

Edited by MikeL

I'm no techy Mike so I can only say what works for me. But looking at Symp's post #288 all I see in that post is the URL in blue and underlined. Which is what I've had when I simply pasted a URL, so I assumed Symp did the same. So if anyone can explain why Symp's pasted URL didn't embed even though it still works fine then that would be useful to know :)

Perhaps the difference comes because MikeL is obviously using some sort of special format for his posts and he might be posting in a different mode than Sympathia where tags are not needed. I notice for instance if you flick on BB Code Mode, it doesn't turn off until even if you make another post, at least on my browser.

In the above, I turned BB Code Mode on before I cut and paste the URL in. But if I turn it off again and post a regular link, it seems to still work.

*shrugs*

Edited by thebrinkoftime