Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Box

After rereading the Box, why is JP so upset about Steve's diary. What if Steve and JP had a talk abouting being gay. JP is not the normal 7 year old. He may know that Steven is gay and feel that he is too. Steve becomes hjs mentor guiding him. Not having sex but advising him.

After rereading the Box, why is JP so upset about Steve's diary. What if Steve and JP had a talk abouting being gay. JP is not the normal 7 year old. He may know that Steven is gay and feel that he is too. Steve becomes hjs mentor guiding him. Not having sex but advising him.

He may not be normal, but I doubt it's that. I think a lot of it is that some of it pertains to his own childhood. Maybe Steven knew one of JP's secrets, and he's worried what others might think if/when Steven reveals it in the diary. Of course, one contraindication is that the diary is not missing. That, however, might be because he doesn't want to upset Stefan as this is the only connection he has with his father.

*Lights a match* Here box Take this! :P :P

Anyway i've been waiting for like four days....or i have no idea when chp26 whent up of hms.....anyway....i wana get this over with OK!?

Well, the Box is supposed to be an interlude, which means it's not supposed to be a very long story. I doubt it's going to get beyond maybe 25 chapters. Probably less. We've gotten through most of that diary, I believe.

Well, the Box is supposed to be an interlude, which means it's not supposed to be a very long story. I doubt it's going to get beyond maybe 25 chapters. Probably less. We've gotten through most of that diary, I believe.

Really?

Here's how I see the Box. There are a lot of things, people, who act in ways that are inexplicable. My goal with the Box is to bring those skeletons out so some things make more sense. It's a history lesson for our CAP characters. And there may be a few more surprises along the way.

I think you may be right about the length though. I'm looking at less than 25 chapters too. I'm half way through 19 right now, and still have a few more plotlines to develop.

Really?

Here's how I see the Box. There are a lot of things, people, who act in ways that are inexplicable. My goal with the Box is to bring those skeletons out so some things make more sense. It's a history lesson for our CAP characters. And there may be a few more surprises along the way.

I think you may be right about the length though. I'm looking at less than 25 chapters too. I'm half way through 19 right now, and still have a few more plotlines to develop.

*shrugs* You were the one who called it an Interlude. I was running with it.

I do think it's been a good thing for you to brush people up on the history of the CAP saga, before we enter the first decade of the 21st century in CapWorld.

*shrugs* You were the one who called it an Interlude. I was running with it.

I do think it's been a good thing for you to brush people up on the history of the CAP saga, before we enter the first decade of the 21st century in CapWorld.

Yeah, I know. I was just tired and grumpy. You know I love you.wub.gif

Yeah, right back at ya.

Anyways, it has been interesting learning about why the Hayes family fell apart, and that they weren't always such a toxic, dysfunctional family.

hi Mark just read the Box since your gona be slowly updating Belvidera which I enjoy. but I think I like the Box better with aaron nathan and steve very hot thank you for making it. looking forward to see what happens next :2thumbs:

You guys see what I mean? Who else could take a meaty chapter that was way hot and fulfilling but honestly not terribly exciting (Well in that other respect I suppose it was but . . .) and leave it with a cliff hanger!

Mark, I think you need to go to cliffhangers anonymous. The only thing is you'd probably get up to the podium and say, " Hi, My name is . . ." And then you would just look at the gaping mouths before you sat back down grinning like Cheshire cat. blink.gif

worshippy.gif

You guys see what I mean? Who else could take a meaty chapter that was way hot and fulfilling but honestly not terribly exciting (Well in that other respect I suppose it was but . . .) and leave it with a cliff hanger!

Mark, I think you need to go to cliffhangers anonymous. The only thing is you'd probably get up to the podium and say, " Hi, My name is . . ." And then you would just look at the gaping mouths before you sat back down grinning like Cheshire cat. blink.gif

worshippy.gif

Gaping mouths? I doubt I'd sit down.;)

hi Mark just read the Box since your gona be slowly updating Belvidera which I enjoy. but I think I like the Box better with aaron nathan and steve very hot thank you for making it. looking forward to see what happens next :2thumbs:

Why thank you! And thanks for giving me your first post!

It seems like Brad knew he was gay as a kid. Steven, Stefan father and son. Jeff and Marcel father and son. A pattern.

Steve may feel guilty but he shouldn't. He has done a good thing it is too bad Steven didn't came back. If he would have JP would have had a much easier time. Thank God for Tonto. Hopefully this does not upset Stef and JP's relationship. Mark wouldn't do that would he. More Drama. Are there more secrets hiding?

"Thank God for Tonto. Hopefully this does not upset Stef and JP's relationship. Mark wouldn't do that would he. More Drama. Are there more secrets hiding?"

I think that he already has suggested in Stef's comment that their relationship is solid and secure. Not to suggest that there won't be issues to discuss and work out.

I think that you have handled this story with its difficult structure with much creativity. My hat's off to you again. You have developed so well as a writer. I just can't say it as well as Adam.worshippy.gif

A wonderful couple chapters Mark. Nicely tied especially on such a regulated topic.

Perhaps more went on in the second meeting than was talked about. JP, has more on the topic. Many people know very young. I knew at 5 easily. It was more apparent in who I liked or didn't like.

Knowing that you like both the guys you were looking at more than their dates doesn't require a specific age. Sex doesn't always play into the recognition and JP is obviously more intelligent that the average. Perhaps he was a bit more mature in emotions than what was common for his age. Again, sex not having anything to do with the preference or emotions of love at that time. Sex after all is nothing more than "one" of many possible expressions of love.

I think there is more to this than is known now.

Well written Mark. Even with that minor typo, blink.gif which is more rare than hen's teeth. (I can see several reaching for their OCD meds. hehe lol)

Mark:worship: , yes, you did manage to write it very well. I find the whole issue of sex with minors utterly revolting and unitelligible, but I think what you managed to show was a child trying to make sense of what he was feeling and seeing and an adult who understood.

i would however suggest that you and anyone else who writes on or around this issue to be careful; one phrase, taken out of context by someone, who wants to make a point, can cause serious damage.

Almost against my better judgement, I am starting to enjoy the Box more!!! - of course Grainger is and always will be my favourite! - so, Mark :worship: just keep writing!

Mark:worship: , yes, you did manage to write it very well. I find the whole issue of sex with minors utterly revolting and unitelligible, but I think what you managed to show was a child trying to make sense of what he was feeling and seeing and an adult who understood.

i would however suggest that you and anyone else who writes on or around this issue to be careful; one phrase, taken out of context by someone, who wants to make a point, can cause serious damage.

Almost against my better judgement, I am starting to enjoy the Box more!!! - of course Grainger is and always will be my favourite! - so, Mark :worship: just keep writing!

You are right about the topic and its dangers.

I think you'll like the last three chapters!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..