[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents

Too late to really make amends for now, but I hope he can salvage something.

Was it really too late? If I were Matt, I would want some kind of verbal acknowledgement. I've re-read the last part of Ch 18 a couple times, and while Andy sensed that there was non-verbal realization on both sides, does Matt really know? It still seems like there's so much more the both of them have to say to each other.

*sigh*, it's just me, I like everything sorted out. But just like in real life, it doesn't always work out that way.

Anyhow, very great, emotional chapter. Until Ch 17, I had assumed the 'More Than words' scene on the beach had been pulled from the re-release, but here it was were it always was in Ch 18. That's one of my favourite and most memorable scenes.

Take Care®,

Vic

Was it really too late? If I were Matt, I would want some kind of verbal acknowledgement. I've re-read the last part of Ch 18 a couple times, and while Andy sensed that there was non-verbal realization on both sides, does Matt really know? It still seems like there's so much more the both of them have to say to each other.

We have miles to go before we sleep. B)

Thanks. And, yes, it is brutal.

The next chapter is the worst, I think. It gets somewhat better after that, and won't get this bad again.

They're both awful and I'll leave it at that. Not awful as in the writing is bad, because again it's brilliant. But so damned painful.

Damnit.

They're both awful and I'll leave it at that. Not awful as in the writing is bad, because again it's brilliant. But so damned painful.

Damnit.

Thanks, Bubba. Yeah, it's a painful set of chapters. I'll agree with you there. I'm glad you're liking the writing, though.

hey ther mate, still looking for iswb forum linkk, new to the site,

think of my self as a techno peasant but getting fimiliar with the site. starting to find my way around chatting. cc rocks bro keep them comming. i'm reading iswb once again, and does it pack a punch. i'm just glad that you were there for them, and i hope someone is there for john and he hasn't turned back to alcohol. thanks for sharing, be good if you don't then take pictures, chat when we do

hey ther mate, still looking for iswb forum link... i'm reading iswb once again, and does it pack a punch. i'm just glad that you were there for them, and i hope someone is there for john and he hasn't turned back to alcohol.

John has posted a couple of times at the It Started With Brian forum. His screen name is "johnwut" and his last post is on the following page:

ISWB Forum

There are other posts on that page too, of course.

Adam

Chapter 19 of Crosscurrents has just been posted.

Andy's off in college, where he's looking for a new start, a new opportunity to take a stand for himself; his whole self, attraction to guys and all.

But his first test comes a lot quicker, and a lot closer, than he'd anticipated...

I'm going to admit that I've gone into self-imposed celibacy for the past two years because I kinda realized that screwing around and hook-ups weren't going to get me anywhere. That speech from Kyle Kessler pretty much moved me.

Edited by methodwriter85

15 and 16 are great chapters. Love. Sorry I am so far behind in reading, but I do love the story.

There's no such thing as "behind" here at GA...there are just "chapters you haven't read yet." :D

And I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Chapter 22 of Crosscurrents has been posted. In this chapter, Andy takes things a little farther in his experience with guys.

I had forgotten about how much sex there was in this one. haha, nice.

While I enjoyed the chapter, I also can't help but think about what it represents....The next chapter will be totally new material!

One thing I did notice in this chapter, was how you described 'unzipping' pants:

..zipped down the fly...

I'm not sure why that jumped out at me or looked odd. I'm used to seeing/hearing "Unzip the fly". No big deal, just wondering if it's a geographic thing (like Soda Vs. Pop).

I had forgotten about how much sex there was in this one. haha, nice.

While I enjoyed the chapter, I also can't help but think about what it represents....The next chapter will be totally new material!

Exactly what I was thinking, Vic!

• Like 1

I feel like i've been waiting ages for this. So excited :2thumbs:

I stayed up just to read chapters 19 and 20. I miss Matt. Yes, I know, Trey and Kyle are here. And all the girls and the team and school.

I wonder too, what Matt's thinking while he's at college. How he's handling losing his best friend.

But I'm also happy that Andy seems to be getting pretty darn comfy with himself (and a few others!!).

I wonder too, what Matt's thinking while he's at college. How he's handling losing his best friend.

It seems like he spent the better part of his senior year in H/S dealing with losing his best friend. College has probably been easier for Matt without having Andy so physically close (outta sight/outta mind).

Maybe we need a chapter from Matt's POV to clear things up 0:).

It seems like he spent the better part of his senior year in H/S dealing with losing his best friend. College has probably been easier for Matt without having Andy so physically close (outta sight/outta mind).

Maybe we need a chapter from Matt's POV to clear things up 0:).

Sorry; you're not gonna get that. If it's any consolation, however, I have a 10-chapter-or-so sequel to Crosscurrents in the works that will be told in the first person by Matt. But I'd expect you're mostly right about Matt being away from Andy.

Mostly.

Stay tuned. :D