• Site Administrator

New Boyfriend :o :o

That was quick ;)

Actually I was thinking how mature Shane is at 19 and has some self control. I don't know if I could turn down the invitation to sleep over at Pete's with Jon. I wonder if the fact that both of them just got shunned by their parents if that will bring them closer together. I hope so. I was going to say that it will be hard with Shane working and Jon trying to continue school and play ball but then I remembered that Cal met Jake while he was still in school. So here's hoping :P

I was surprised about Timmy leaving Pete. That kind out of no where :o . If Pete is now available, that could possibly mean the hook up of him with either Shane or Jon. Both seemed taken by his looks. Also was surprised at Pete's little out burst about Shane's comment about Pete becoming Jake's manager. Why did he react so negatively and harsh?

They say misery enjoys company, so hopefully the Grainger parents and Shane's parents get together. Except that would mean they would be scheming and planning their next move together :(

Thanks for the chapter Dan :2thumbs: , looking forward to the next one.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, maybe I'm a bit confused... but I thought this story was supposed to be updated every other Friday. Did I misunderstand something? I've been checking back since Friday the 6th looking for the update...

I wonder if one or two members of Shane's family are keeping tabs on him through Stu?

Sucks about the bad end to his first official date, though there were little hints throughout that Tanner was a bit more "adventerous" than Shane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

So mixed feelings on this chapter on the whole Shane and Jon relationship :(

I wonder why Shane has such strong feelings about trusting Jon, when really Jon hasn't done anything to make those feelings. It seems to be unfounded, but then again, after Cal's experience maybe a gut feeling is something to go with in a DK story ;) .

Also, did anyone else get the feeling that Jon was with Jason when Shane and Tanner ran into them at the restaurant? Also he was staying at Jason's hotel which totally confused me.

Great chapter Dan, thanks for sharing :great:

• 3 weeks later...

LOL... Like Do Over, I accidentally read the 2nd part of the series first. (which turned out quite well in the end for my DO experience.)

I haven't gotten to Waiting for the sign yet, and part of me doesn't want to drift from the happy/sweet scene that I've come into with chapter 12 of Rising Star...

Guess I'll just have to be patient. lol.

Rising star is deff sweet (in both ways cute and awesome) so far. Great work, Dan.

I need a good love story to bump my spirits up a few notches after the past month...

Brax

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I'm fully caught up on the series. This series really combines some of my favorite elements, baseball and 'inside baseball' Hollywood style. I love Cal and Jake, even though they are just elements in the story. Shane has grown on me and Jon really strikes me of a mirror image of Shane. Jon just sounds hot - I love baseball players - and I hope the story continues on for a bit.

Wow. I'm finding chapter 13 a bit hard to take. I liked Shane as a protagonist, and the morality he seemed to exude. That he's falling apart is really disapointing to me, especially as he's going to find it hard to fit in with Pete and Jake's ideals of Hollywood now.

*Shrug* Guess I'll have to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor guy, lol.

Good story, but... poor guy. And much more likeable now than he was before, though not quite as much as he used to be.

Sue me, but I like 'good guys'... at least when it comes to drugs.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

The new chapter is up in the new system:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dkstories/risingstar/17

The normal announcement is about to get buried. I would recommend that for those following dkstories, that you "Like" him and choose to be notified.

Still not working here.

Now I get the message

You do not have access to read our premium stories. Get Premium
which is incorrect.

Renewal: Premium Content - 6 Months

20 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

$45.00

Tried a different browser...same result.