• Site Administrator

The first chapter of the sequel to Waiting for the Sign is now up.
be sure to check it out!

Ya - when I first read it for Dan, he didn't tell me it was connected... I hope everyone enjoys this story as much as I did. Dan did start writing a little more of a related third story, but right now, he's totally swamped with work so not sure if/when he may finish. But just like Sign - this story is all done prior to the first chapter being posted so you don't have to worry about any delays in the rollout of Rising Star.

so ... sequel as in bit parts by characters from sign? or sequel as in Shane gets with an important character from sign and we see a lot of cal and jake? hmmmmm........

• Site Administrator

Sequel in that it takes place in that world and you see a lot of the characters from the first one, but it is about someone else.

• Site Administrator

I know I'm going to like this one. I was very interested in Shane's character while wondering too what it had to do with Waiting for the Sign. Then when I read the final exchange between Jake and Shane, I'm even more excited thumbsupsmileyanim.gif .

Thanks for giving us another story Dan, looking forward to many more chapters.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Grrr - I love my man, but sometimes, it'd be nice if he paid attention to my edits ;-) Small typo in Chapter 1 - that now you can read chapter 2, pops out (well - it did for me). So, if you catch it, yes - it is a mistake and yes - his beta reader DID catch it but NO - the author neglected to save the new chapter 1 once he had corrected it...

0:)

Fascinating chapter... I can hardly wait to see where this ends up.

And the explosion when the truth comes out -- as it always does -- will be absolutely wonderful, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think his decision may have been a mistake... sucks that I'll have to wait two weeks to find out!

I had to go back and re-read the chapter to make sure I knew what you were talking about. Yeah, it kind of sucks having to wait two weeks for the outcome, but, um, it's worth it. Even if I do say so myself.

Sign and Rising are two of my all-time favorite stories. I had so much fun writing them, and I still enjoy re-reading them. Usually I only re-read a story when I have to 'catch up' before writing the next book in the series. Both of these I've reread any time I need to get a smile on my face and 'recharge' my batteries. That's not something I normally do with my stories...

Yeah, it kind of sucks having to wait two weeks for the outcome, but, um, it's worth it.

Would it suck to have to wait two weeks if it weren't worth it? If it weren't worth it, I'd probably just drop the story until it was :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I knew it was worth it. It was a small mistake... but I'd say it sure paid off. And those idiots are sure learning a lesson!

And Shane is making a new friend in the process...one who has to be impressed with his chutzpah. Who knows where the friendship may lead? Dan knows, of course. The rest of us have to wait two more weeks.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Administrator

I have a uneasy feeling about this.

It just seems too convenient to have one of the reverend's sons in isolation with Shane at the same time. Reverend Grainger must know of Shane's friendship with Jake. I think he is using his son to expose Shane and somehow try to bring down Cal and Jake at the same time.

That is my initial feeling, so hopefully I'm wrong on that one :)

I'm almost thinking that that Rev, Grainger will claim that his son was kidnapped. And the man hunt will be on.

On one level I'd love to claim that that wouldn't work... but who knows. Honestly, the entire piece of the chapter just leaves me thinking that he expected the entire stupid thing to go off without a hitch.

Kidnapped? Isn't Shane 5'11" or so, maybe 175 in weight? Aren't the Graingers mostly taller and heavier than that? If anything, Shane's parents should say their son was kidnapped. Jon's big brother is a known deviant, after all, and Jon himself has had charges brought against him at the university level. I can just imagine the six o'clock news story: "We should never have trusted anyone with two queers in the family, preacher or not. And now our poor son, just a farm boy from Merced, is in his clutches."

What'll suck is if all this drama screws him out of the couple of parts he has lined up.

• 2 weeks later...