Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Are you ready for the zombie apocalypse?

JamesSavik

I'm totally ready. I've already read Max Brooks' books....so I think I'm prepared. It's only a matter of time :) Just have to pull out my swords lol. And maybe my 9. (9 mm) haha.

No I'm not ready but I work well under preasure. I'll start keeping my sword and dagger collection sharpened, and i get turned I fully expect one of yall to axe me.

In reality the Zombie/Apocalyse genre really isn't my thing but eh, never know right?

Anyone interested in the zombie apocalypse should consider this book, Zombie Punter, required reading. Zoe E. Whitten, the author, clearly has experience with this sort of thing (and the gay subplot is pretty cool too). Zoe's a pretty cool girl who lives in Italy, and if you like dark stories, she's got em.

I just finished reading this. I have to say: One of my least favorite endings EVER. I was so disappointed.... And it wasn't just for the fact of all of the deaths, but...it was just distasteful. Now I'm going to go find something to get my mind off of this terrible feeling I have after reading that horrendous waste of an ending.(I could just be feeling bitter right now... we'll see).

Sorry I discouraged you, Nephylim. But, just because I didn't like the ending, doesn't mean you won't. I have certain tastes in endings, so you might like it. The story was actually VERY good. I really liked it. But, for me, the ending almost felt rushed, and didn't seem fitting with how the author was writing the story. It just seemed... well, unfitting, among other things. But I do recommend reading it.

I had nightmares from Dawn of the Dead. I hate any movies about Zombies. They freak the crap out of me. My theroy if there should ever be real zombies. I'll have a gun and make sure I'll have a bullet for myself... so when I'm cornered I can shot myself in the head. *shivers* I hate zombies. (and scary movies in general, even if they are scary for others... haha)

I have a chainsaw and I've been practicing using it on the hedges. And I learned how to use an axe to split wood. I actually had a couple of zombie killing fantasies. I am so ready.

Cats are immune to the virus that cause zombies.

They can sense a zombie from a mile away and will become agitated. Since the Rising, cats have become the must have pet. No telling how many survivors owe their lives to ferocious feline soldiers named Fluffy or Mr. Biscuits.

In fact, cats really hate zombies. It must be something about the way they smell.

Many cats will attack zombies and attempt to claw their eyes out.

One of the funniest damn things that you will ever see is a zombie with a pissed off cat on his head.

Cat are fast and agile. Zombies are slow and clumsy. It's a classic mismatch like a line-man with two broken legs trying to cover a wide-receiver.

If the zombie has advanced decay, a cat can take its head completely off.

angrycat.jpg < F-ing zombies piss me off.

From an upcoming project that I have in development.