A Rent Boy Named....

• 4 months later...

Hi Joe. I've been a member here for quite a few years but have been awol for quite some time now. I came across the news about Tristan following a link I saw here from one of the commentors. Is there new news about the story/writer? I'd love to find out for the story plot sounds very interesting and it's the kind of story I'd get hooked on. All your comments are greately appreciated.

P.S. Have you told Tristan he could post his story here on GA and be more than appreciated? This is a place where no one will give him a hard time for what he writes. I hope he takes the offer to post. Also, thanks for all the info and keeping in touch with him as well as with us.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Has there been any developments with ARBN? The idea about Tristen using GA as the platform to host the story is a great idea. The community here is the best I've come across for authors in the gay community, and his story would be really appreciated on here.

Mike.

I believe the same, and I'm working on opening a dialog with him cause I really REALLY want an ending to the story. I read 159 chapters.... I better get the ending, lol. In all honesty, he seems like a great dude. Guess all I can do is try my 'houdinii' magic on em, and pray for the best :D

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else ever read this story? I remember coming across it last summer and reading the first 30 or so chapters, but then I forgot about it till yesterday. If you haven't read it, I suggest highly that you do. It is a very heartfelt story. Posted ImageA Rent Boy Named...

Thanks for bringing up this story, I'll will start reading it soon. it's a shame when people have to take down stories because of hateful emails.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Spent the last two days neglecting duties elsewhere to discover the ending isn't available? Unpleasant, aha. Paused on 159, as that revelation smote the remaining urge to get it through....

It seems like an uber story, nonetheless. The writing at time's pretty beautiful, and the characters are, indeed, quite interesting.... Just wish it had an ending, heh.

Thanks for the linking, Private. o7

I loved ARBN.  I keep on hearing whispers about Tristan looking for sites to host the story.  I think he was also recently looking at setting up his own blog-type site to host the story on.

I wanna know what happens.

I loved ARBN.  I keep on hearing whispers about Tristan looking for sites to host the story.  I think he was also recently looking at setting up his own blog-type site to host the story on.

I wanna know what happens.

Where do you hear the rumors? There are so many sites now where he could host this it isn't even funny. Times have changed since he first started posting. I don't think he'd have the same issues today.

We all think we want to know what happens, I am not sure I do. In real life so few of these stories from the streets of Hollywood have great endings.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just emailed him. Perhaps we'll get lucky. I want to believe he continued and finished it already. I'm hoping that we'll get to read the rest soon. His synestesia makes him see the world in far more color that the norm and his ability to translate that color into words is truly unique. I love it.

I'm listening to it again. All 169 chapters. Its awesome.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I have an update on Tristan Strangebrew and his story A Rent Boy Named...

I had been working on the editing of RB with Tristan for over two years and it was finally completed. Then the incident with the religious zealots happened, then he was
having trouble finding employment, he moved, his health declined, and he became homeless. His last email with me said:

I like the edited version so much better. I think it has better rhythm and empathy. Since I may have to go underground for a while,
I want you to have it for safe keeping in case I lose stuff into the great void. You've been a great help through times tougher than
I've let on. I'm sick and have been for nearly a year. I have chronic depression and fibromyalgia. I'm in pain 24/7 and I'm living on
3 hours sleep on a good night. I'm weary and tired of fighting. I'm out of money and instead of waiting to be evicted I'm going to shed
belongings, put my life in my pocket, and head out for who knows where.

Let's all hope he gets the health care he needs and finds a place to live. The thing that he gave me for safe keeping is all of the original files for A Rent Boy Named...

Since I have all the edits, I'll just incorporate them into the files and post the story the way it was intended to be read. Including the new chapters never posted before.

We talked about changing the title because 1) having "rent boy" in the title incensed a whole bunch of religious types, so let's not go there again        AND     
2) because the rent boy topic is such a minor part of the story anyhow.

Therefore the new title is:  The Boys of Sunset    and it can be found here: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1917025536551724116#allpages

I will add chapters as I have them completed. Again it is the original story with all of the edits incorporated that we worked on for 2 plus years.  Enjoy!

Edited by Rip Skor
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this story so much and glad it has found a new home. I wish nothing but the best for Tristan. You didn't say how long ago that you last talked with him.I wish there was something all of us who have enjoyed his story could do to help him. Also, when I tried to click the link it says I do not have access. Is there any way to help me with this.

For those of you still following this thread. The story has been ressurected under the name, "The Boy of Sunst" and has been edited. Tristen is still no where to be found but we hope he will turn up in time to complete it. If not, this fine editor and friend of Tristen's is prepared to go on with it. He also has the last chapter written by Tristen which has never been posted. So I encourage you to go and see how clean the chapters are and show your support to Tristen and his Rip's efforts by commenting. Here is a link to the new blog:

http://skorrip.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

r

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's back and Tristen has done another edit and is posting about a chapter a day. The New Title is, "All In A Row (The Boys of Sunset)" If you've never read this or even if you were a follower before you need to give this author a read. He has the most spectacular way of writing.

Be sure to let him know you're back by leaving at least one comment. He's had a rough time of it working to bring this story back to us. One that even took him to the courts. Obviously he won. Check it out:

https://theboysofsunset.wordpress.com/0001-chapter-one/