I Write Like...

It's not really a quiz. It's just something that analyzes their word usage and then yours, based on the text you provide, which is why everyone keeps getting varied answers. I might use different words and expressions when a story is set in the country, for example, than when it's invlving Navy Seals undercover. I just thought it was interesting and fun to see.

Sorry I didn't use the right word in making my reply. I make the comment I did because the writers at my publisher were going through this tonight.. Dreamspinner Press.

I know what the "questionaire", quiz, or whatever ever anyone chooses to call it was about. The same as I said before, because on what you provided, the results are supplied based on the novelists, writers, or authors they have in their database with which to compare a person's answers to, therefore tell them what their writing style is like. It just gives you a very, very broad pop-up of what your writing style might be. I said that, but in no way suggested it wasn't interesting or fun, which it was, but just not to take it as exact or fact.

I write like Dan Brown, Stephen King, J. D. Salinger and J. K. Rowling.

And this is from four different scenes of four different stories. Maybe my writing style varies according to the tale I

• Site Administrator

:blink: :blink: David Foster Wallace :blink: :blink:

Who is he and how did he steal my writing style :angry: ?

• 2 weeks later...

1) Cory Doctorow

2) Oscar Wilde

3) Shakespeare

4) Dan Brown

5) Issac Asimov

6) Dan Brown

7) Dan Brown

8) David Foster Wallace

9) David Foster Wallace

Note: 2-6 are from the same text, and 8-9 are from the same text...so there's at least some consistency in my writing style

Oh, and P.G.Wodehouse was a pre-war English novellist, playwright and all-round satirist

Edited by Nikolai

Well, I got varied answers depending on the writing. These are my results:

Charles Dickens

David Foster Wallace

Dan Brown

Arthur Conan Doyle

Cory Doctorow

H.P. Lovecraft

Stephen King

Stephenie Meyer

Okay, so I went and cut and pasted each chapter from each story and these are the results I got in return.

Spider Webs

1) Cory Doctorow,

2) J.D. Salinger,

3) William Gibson,

4) J.K. Rowling,

5) David Foster Wallace,

6) William Gibson

The only person I've heard of up there is J.K. Rowling

Sword Sworn

1) James Joyce

2) James Joyce

3) James Joyce

4) James Joyce

Sunny's Angel

1-6 was Margaret Mitchel

Like I said, the only person I've ever heard of was J.K. Rowling.

who are these people?

Linxe beat me to William Gibson, not that I have ever read any. I guess we write alike.

Edit:

I put in an unfinished story and came up with "Annie Rice." I assume it meant Anne Rice, but with that error the results mean absolutely nothing. What a stupid error to make.

Edited by ConcreteHeart

I got Charles Dickens, three times, with two parts of a chapter from two different stories, and one from an old blog post.

I think that means I win. -grins-

I also got several other authors along the way, including Arthur Clarke and some dude named David Foster Wallace, but I did eventually hit Dickens three times. :lol:

I was actually hoping for Poe; like, I *really* wanted Poe, but I can live with Dickens.

Guest Wyndham

Apparently I write like Stephanie Meyer - of Twilight fame (or notoriety...) - at least for chapter 1 of The River Boys.

In chapters 2, 3 and 5, apparently I write like Annie Rice - Author of Interview With The Vampire

In chapter 4, I write like Cory Doctorow - Little Brother

etc

mmmm