Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Boy Toys: How Old Should They Be?

Trophy Partners  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If you were 65 years old and you were going to pick a partner for his looks and body, would you:

• I'm 65 or older, and I'd pick a partner that was in his 20's
    • I'm 65 or older, and I'd pick a partner that was within 25 years of my age
    • I'm not 65 or older, but if I was, I'd pick a partner that was in his 20's
    • I'm not 65 or older, but if I was, I'd pick a partner that was within 25 years of my age
  2. 2. For a trophy partner, how far apart should their ages be (optimal number)?

• 10 Years
    • 15 Years
    • 20 Years
    • 25 Years
    • 30 Years
    • As young as you can legally get him.

I'm 27 and if I were 65 or so I wouldn't go for someone younger than 30 at a minimum. People are still a work in progress in their 20's, with all the immaturity and lack of self-knowledge it entails, and moreover a fair number of guys can look great into their 40's or even 50's if they take good care of themselves.

These broader issues have been on my mind, since I feel like in these last couple of years I have gone into another period of my life -- and that has to do a lot with realizing I was getting older. When I was younger I really didn't have too much insight into the workings of my personality and of the world at large, although I was always "book smart".

This process of maturing has made me happier. With getting older and seeing people you love dying, I became aware of my mortality in a way I never could earlier and that made my whole outlook clearer: that each day can be your last, so enjoy each moment, even just mundane things like having tea in the garden, or cooking a meal, or sitting on the metro and looking at people. That also means that I don't care so much about pleasing other people or projecting any image or winning ego contests, or focusing too much on acquiring things. It also makes the little annoyances and dramas of life seem unimportant and often funny. I also focus on things that are really important like my partner or family.

Socializing with some guys 19-21 recently I was reminded of my own insecurities, lack of knowledge, and dramas in that period. I wouldn't want to go back to that, and I wouldn't want to date someone in that phase.

It's not so much that I'm really old, per se; I'm just no longer a fresh-faced, spring chicken anymore. 24 is somewhat young, but it's not the same league as being 18-21. 21's the perfect age- you're old enough to drink, but you're still young enough that everything seems open and full of possibilities because your whole life still feels ahead of you.

For me, the rule would come out to 19- which seems about right. I don't think I'd go younger than 19.

interesting that you quote the drinking age - here in Australia the drinking age is 18 (i think it is that in all states - it certanly is in all states I have lived in).

ALL that to say that does that mean, methodwriter85, you'd pick'em younger here (f'rinstance, if you just happened to be on Bondi beach, saw an 18yo tanned bloke with a deep tan, in budgie-smugglers, holdin' a tinny and looking at you with the same look on his face that the wolf had when he saw RRH??? B)

.............................. People are still a work in progress in their 20's, with all the immaturity and lack of self-knowledge it entails, .................................

I have met way too many 50-year-olds that could only be described as a "work in progress".

while i agree in terms of % of age group more late teens/early 20's are "works in progress, than those over 50, but in all sincerity age is only a very aproximate way of assessing maturity and self knowledge......

I've flirted with older men - but not actually gone out with them.

Really considered going out with one who was I suppose 15 years older than me. Didn't happen for a range of reasons.

I do tend to find myself drawn to the slightly older than me.

A lot of older men can be sleazy :). But it can be fun to wind them up and play. Depends what mood I am in.

Don't like it when I know them and say know their wife as well, but they are still going for you.

Edited by Smarties

I've flirted with older men - but not actually gone out with them.

Really considered going out with one who was I suppose 15 years older than me. Didn't happen for a range of reasons.

I do tend to find myself drawn to the slightly older than me.

A lot of older men can be sleazy :). But it can be fun to wind them up and play. Depends what mood I am in.

Don't like it when I know them and say know their wife as well, but they are still going for you.

"Wind them up and play?" Now that statement begs for details. lmaosmiley.gif

• 2 months later...

I am pretty shocked (not really since I have seen it up close) that a bunch of people (gblt) who don't want to be judged by people for whom they choose to sleep with can turn around and use phrases like "nastiest thing ever" and "disgusted by" on who somebody else chooses to sleep with.

I have a lot of older gay friends, 50's to 70's and there is nothing I love more than hearing their stories of gay life in the 1950's through the 1990's.

One friend met his first partner when he was 17, the partner was 54. They were together for twenty years until the older partner passed away from natural causes. So here he was, suddenly single again at 37 and he never really dated so he had to start from scratch in 1977. He met a 19 year old lifeguard at the beach and they fell in love and became partnered for ten years until the younger partner drowned during a bad rescue. In both cases there was a pretty good age range, but it never mattered to them, why should anyone else give a flying frig?

What I find disgusting is the comments I hear from my friends and I am out with them and an old guy comes in with a younger guy. Or the comments I hear about a guy in his 50's or 60's in a club. Most of the stupid little gints making the comments have no idea that the club they are in or the bars and restaurants on Santa Monica Blvd (West Hollywood) wouldn't exist and sure wouldn't be open air and have patios where cars driving can see who is in them except for those old men they revile who made it possible through their struggle to be treated equally.

If a 65 year old can get an 18 year old for what ever reason, that is their business.

• Like 3

If I was 60+ would I want a boy toy? Damn straight I would. A nice tight set of buns bouncing round in my bed... hell yes. :D

In all seriousness, I think it's down to the individual on what he or she is comfortable with. Whilst opinion on here is pretty diverse, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the 2 people involved are consenting adults. I believe there is too much crap going on in the world today for us to be bothered by something as petty as age differences.

That said, I'm pretty shallow, and have no problem admitting to it. Gentlemen of a certain age, outside of good conversation, just don't do it for me. I like the whole package, looks, personality, nice ass etc. But the world would certainly be a boring place if we all fitted into the same mould, so good luck to 'em I say. :)

• Like 1

If I was 60+ would I want a boy toy? Damn straight I would. A nice tight set of buns bouncing round in my bed... hell yes. :D

In all seriousness, I think it's down to the individual on what he or she is comfortable with. Whilst opinion on here is pretty diverse, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the 2 people involved are consenting adults. I believe there is too much crap going on in the world today for us to be bothered by something as petty as age differences.

That said, I'm pretty shallow, and have no problem admitting to it. Gentlemen of a certain age, outside of good conversation, just don't do it for me. I like the whole package, looks, personality, nice ass etc. But the world would certainly be a boring place if we all fitted into the same mould, so good luck to 'em I say. :)

It is so good to see you around here again! Welcome home!!!

I agree with you and Tim on this issue. I'm hoping that "gentlemen of a certain age" doesn't include those in their late 40's. ;)

It is so good to see you around here again! Welcome home!!!

I agree with you and Tim on this issue. I'm hoping that "gentlemen of a certain age" doesn't include those in their late 40's. ;)

It's good to be back, hopefully more permanent this time! lol

As for 'gentlemen of a certain age', I have a soft spot for tigers of the species, regular pussy cats just don't float my boat! :devil:

Hey, who's the guy in the second picture? I think he might be a good "casting" for an 18-year JJ.

-Jeremy, always on the lookout for faces that could serve as the physical model for Mark's story characters.

Edited by methodwriter85

Hey, who's the guy in the second picture? I think he might be a good "casting" for an 18-year JJ.

-Jeremy, always on the lookout for faces that could serve as the physical model for Mark's story characters.

That is Boo Boo Stewart who first came to my attention in The Conrad Boys, a great gay love story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaBGVm29rY

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..