[underthehoodster] Bring back Perry and Jesse!

Guest lifeliver4

Hi, I just wanted to write a gentle petition to underthehoodster to bringback Perry and Jesse.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to write a gentle petition to underthehoodster to bringback Perry and Jesse. All great stories must have an end, and Perry and Jesse is one such story!

I feel like I personally know Perry, Jesse and friends. We've experienced their ups, their downs. We've even looked into their futures. Even though its been so long, I still wonder what will happen to our intrepid young heroes and they navigate the turbulent seas of teenagehood. I still wonder if Perry will be happy when he grows up, whether and how his relationship with Jesse will come to an end, and how they will all deal with this all. They're only fictional characters, I know, but they've so memorable and endearing, that I feel a sort of emptiness without knowing what happens to them.

So, I'm just going to keep hoping the last chapters of Perry and Jesse's lives are written. I know it must be a lot of work for you, underthehoodster, and may even be emotionally draining to do (as it is to read at times!) I suspect, however, that it's worth it. This great story deserves an end, and if you've been wondering whether you should come back to P&J, I can tell you your fans at least will still be here.

Lots of love from me

-lifeliver

I agree with you, Lifeliver. I love this story. I love the characters, their crazy experiences, and I love the way underthehoodster writes. Maybe we could offer to pay him to keep writing. Wouldn't it be great if this story was a weekly television show? I read this story over the summer and I still think about it often.

• 1 month later...

I get so many comments like this and they are both flattering and depressing at the same time! I never intended to leave P&J suspended the way it is, with the approach of the Christmas break and Perry reluctantly going off to New York to spend the Holidays with his father and his new bride. This was only meant to be the beginning to a high school saga filled with colorful characters, teenage drama, crazy adventures, weird sex, and complicated relationships. That's right, ONLY the beginning. There was supposed to be an ending, as is frequently hinted at in the prologues of the parts that were completed. This was never intended to be an endless episodic teen soap opera as it stands now.

I apologize to you and all the readers who have enjoyed P&J only to be left with an unsatisfying conclusion--really, no conclusion at all. Will there ever be more? I honestly don't know. Believe me, I have made several starts at it, only to become frustrated and blocked. Whatever spark allowed me to carry the adventures of P&J this far, seems to have abandoned me, at least for now.

There is little point to me revealing what I ended as far as the over all arc of the story, since it would undoubtedly morph during the writing. Still, I believe I have clearly laid out the primary struggles and conflicts of the main story, and I am confident that I could bring the story to it's proper thematic conclusion regardless of the actual details.

I suppose I will have to leave it there for now, but I really appreciate all the kind words of everyone who's left comments here or emailed me directly. I'm generally the kind of person who likes to finish what he starts, so maybe, just maybe, the story of the writing of P&J still has further chapters in store, ones that I simply can't see at this particular moment in time, perhaps blocked by all the endless hills and valleys of life as we know it.

Thanks again for your kind words!

underthehoodster

I agree with you, Lifeliver. I love this story. I love the characters, their crazy experiences, and I love the way underthehoodster writes. Maybe we could offer to pay him to keep writing. Wouldn't it be great if this story was a weekly television show? I read this story over the summer and I still think about it often.

I'm all for the weekly television series! :2thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I get so many comments like this and they are both flattering and depressing at the same time! I never intended to leave P&J suspended the way it is, with the approach of the Christmas break and Perry reluctantly going off to New York to spend the Holidays with his father and his new bride. This was only meant to be the beginning to a high school saga filled with colorful characters, teenage drama, crazy adventures, weird sex, and complicated relationships. That's right, ONLY the beginning. There was supposed to be an ending, as is frequently hinted at in the prologues of the parts that were completed. This was never intended to be an endless episodic teen soap opera as it stands now.

I apologize to you and all the readers who have enjoyed P&J only to be left with an unsatisfying conclusion--really, no conclusion at all. Will there ever be more? I honestly don't know. Believe me, I have made several starts at it, only to become frustrated and blocked. Whatever spark allowed me to carry the adventures of P&J this far, seems to have abandoned me, at least for now.

There is little point to me revealing what I ended as far as the over all arc of the story, since it would undoubtedly morph during the writing. Still, I believe I have clearly laid out the primary struggles and conflicts of the main story, and I am confident that I could bring the story to it's proper thematic conclusion regardless of the actual details.

I suppose I will have to leave it there for now, but I really appreciate all the kind words of everyone who's left comments here or emailed me directly. I'm generally the kind of person who likes to finish what he starts, so maybe, just maybe, the story of the writing of P&J still has further chapters in store, ones that I simply can't see at this particular moment in time, perhaps blocked by all the endless hills and valleys of life as we know it.

Thanks again for your kind words!

underthehoodster

I'm all for the weekly television series! :2thumbs:

Underthehoodster,

You're still alive!

Happy New Year!

Apologize? Why? Maybe you don't have writers block. Maybe the story has no ending, and you would have to follow their lives until you die. The thing is, you are a writer, no doubt. Why don't you write something else? Maybe you could collaborate with another writer at this site in order to finish this story. Regardless. no apologies, I'm just glad I have read what you have written, and I wish the best of luck!

Underthehoodster,

You're still alive!

Happy New Year!

Apologize? Why? Maybe you don't have writers block. Maybe the story has no ending, and you would have to follow their lives until you die. The thing is, you are a writer, no doubt. Why don't you write something else? Maybe you could collaborate with another writer at this site in order to finish this story. Regardless. no apologies, I'm just glad I have read what you have written, and I wish the best of luck!

Still alive but struggling like many in this weak economy. Anyway, it certainly seems to be writers block because not only can I not get back into P&J, but I'm not able to get more than a few pages into writing of any sort. I hope that changes, but I don't think it will any time soon. Unfortunately,I don't think a collaboration or a continuation by another author would work. There are many similar stories with similar characters and plot lines and it is really only what the writer brings personally to the story that makes it unique.

Again, P&J was absolutely supposed to have an ending: the story was supposed to take them to the end of high school and explain why they split up at that point. Even so, I don't think the plot and the ending matter as much as the emotional journey that is undertaken by the writer and the readers. I would like very much to get back to that journey, whether it is through P&J or some other story. For now, it seems that I have nothing to offer, or at least, nothing that I can readily access. Let's give it some time though.

• 4 weeks later...

It really is sad to hear that there's unlikely be a conclusion to the P & J series.

I'm sure you hear this alot but P&J really is something special. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I could write an half decent chapter for a story let alone anything like the P&J series, and having to cope with writer's block on top of that.

Even after the years since I first read the story, it's still in the back of my mind. I guess in some ways I should be slightly relieved that I probably wont have to witness their inevitable separation. I'm not an overly sensitive guy but just the thought of those two no longer together saddens me a great deal.. I know that it's only fiction but they really do come alive throughout the story. Especially Jesse.

• 3 weeks later...

It really is sad to hear that there's unlikely be a conclusion to the P & J series.

I'm sure you hear this alot but P&J really is something special. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I could write an half decent chapter for a story let alone anything like the P&J series, and having to cope with writer's block on top of that.

Even after the years since I first read the story, it's still in the back of my mind. I guess in some ways I should be slightly relieved that I probably wont have to witness their inevitable separation. I'm not an overly sensitive guy but just the thought of those two no longer together saddens me a great deal.. I know that it's only fiction but they really do come alive throughout the story. Especially Jesse.

I'd love to know one thing though. To set my mind at ease. Is Jesse happy in the future? I gather from the intro that whatever path Perry took he seemed content atleast.With his family now. Since I've finished reading it. I often wondered if Jesse turned out to be happy or is he still in love with Perry all these years later?

I know one thing though. If I had been in Perry's shoes I never would have been silly enough to let Jesse go :D Assuming Jesse didn't leave Perry.

I know what the basic arc of the story is supposed to be, but it doesn't really make sense to say that this happens or that happens sometime in the future. While the ideas and direction would hopefully remain intact, no doubt plot details would change and suggest different ways of following through on my initial ideas. It is hinted at in the prologues that Perry and Jesse have started communicating again after a number of years. We know that Perry is married with a family and I can't remember if I specifically mentioned it or not, but Jesse is either in a same sex marriage or committed relationship.

I can tell you that the reason Perry and Jesse parted ways at the end of high school was for a serious reason, one that I set up early in the story. And no, their split didn't involve a girl or another lover. I also believe that sometime in the future--beyond the 'present' time of the prologues--that Perry and Jesse were reunited at last.

• 5 weeks later...

I know what the basic arc of the story is supposed to be, but it doesn't really make sense to say that this happens or that happens sometime in the future. While the ideas and direction would hopefully remain intact, no doubt plot details would change and suggest different ways of following through on my initial ideas. It is hinted at in the prologues that Perry and Jesse have started communicating again after a number of years. We know that Perry is married with a family and I can't remember if I specifically mentioned it or not, but Jesse is either in a same sex marriage or committed relationship.

I can tell you that the reason Perry and Jesse parted ways at the end of high school was for a serious reason, one that I set up early in the story. And no, their split didn't involve a girl or another lover. I also believe that sometime in the future--beyond the 'present' time of the prologues--that Perry and Jesse were reunited at last.

Did Perry knock up Jessica?

No!

Sorry I'm still in Part IV... and I kind of took a wild guess. I'm getting there though. I've been reading one novel a day so I'm hoping to finish your novel some time tomorrow :D It's a great story by the way...

Have you considered reorganizing the story so it shows up as a series instead in GA.Stories?

Alright... I've finally finished reading Perry and Jesse. :) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I think that your unique perspective on this story is quite effective, mainly because you're using vocabulary and descriptions to talk about feelings and happenings of a youth, something most teens envy. I must admit that middle school had the most ups and downs in my life in the world of uncertainty. I certainly wished I could be as introspective as Perry was in the story, as I definitely remember being quite selfish in my own personal changes instead of embracing those around me growing up.

While I am saddened that the story did not continue further, perhaps it saved myself from true heartbreak to actually read all of this wonderful development in order to arrive to the inevitable heartbreak Perry and Jesse would eventually face.

I understand that Perry didn't end up marrying Jessica, which is somewhat of a relief, but I certainly don't know what could have kept each other apart for 30 years. Again, on the surface, it could seem like something very simple, but just like how you described Perry's parents' divorce, it's almost always multi-dimensional and it can never truly be one-sided or pinpointed to just one reason.

I know it's been years since you've posted Part V and I understand from this thread that Part VI has been suffering from a bit of a delay. However, I really do hope you continue your story when you do get a chance. You've got a wonderful set of characters in a world that has so many questions, I'm sure you could write at least 5-10 more parts and you'd only be right in the middle of freshman year high school.

I think in some sense, the ending was quite moving. The eventual separation of Perry and Jesse caused so much heartache that he simply broke down, and when the sleepover was announced, the symbolic gesture of the hand holding in the car simply made the story wrap up. It gives me hope in knowing at least at this moment, even though I cannot read more about Perry's life, I can at least try to envision happiness and a sense of unimaginable calmness that Jesse brought to Perry's life just by proximity.

Perhaps instead of writing another 41-chapter story for Part VI you could split up bits and pieces, like focus Part VI just on Christmas vacation and the wedding and what happens over winter break? Something tells me that Perry's personality will bring new drama, closure, and most importantly, new family dynamics to his immediate family tree.

Thanks again for some really moving material. Although I've been held up by work the past week or so, I've loved every minute reading P&J. I hope you'll write more in the near future.

Guest lifeliver4

Sorry I appear to have abandoned my own post -- I thought I had subscribed to the thread, but apparently I hadn't!

I wanted to really thank you, underthehoodster, for posting on the board. I was afraid for a while that maybe you had sunken into the cyder-abyss. So I'm very glad to know you're still out there and thinking about P&J (and that you're all right in general! relatively speaking at least.) Your last post on the board (before these ones) seemed so kind of final and bleak, that I just felt compelled to cry out for a glimmer or hope! But I'm relieved to hear it's still on your mind, you haven't given up on Perry and Jesse, and that one day, maybe soon (or not so soon as the case may be), we'll see a continuation of this epic teen saga.

And I have to say to all those that have posted about the inevitable breakup and tragedy at the end of the story -- I don't think it will be a tragedy in the end. I think Perry will be happy; as underthehoodster says, Perry and Jesse will be reunited some time in the future. To what extent, who knows -- but it seems as if the reunion will be more sweet than bittersweet. I hope that P&J turns out to be a story about hope and the everlasting capacity for true love to live on.

Note - not trying to hijack the theme of your story, underthehoodster, but that's what I hope turns out :) As I'm obviously an optimist, I suspect we'll find out whether my call right or not sooner or later :).

Note - not trying to hijack the theme of your story, underthehoodster, but that's what I hope turns out :) As I'm obviously an optimist, I suspect we'll find out whether my call right or not sooner or later :).

I agree. I've read countless stories on GA and other sites over the years and non of them has ever had the same impact that p&J has had on me. I know it's 'just a story..' but still I managed to get a strong attachment to P&J.

It's warming to know that one day in the future they did re-unite maybe as a couple, or just as good friends again. We can only hope for the former :D

• 2 months later...

Sorry I appear to have abandoned my own post -- I thought I had subscribed to the thread, but apparently I hadn't!

I wanted to really thank you, underthehoodster, for posting on the board. I was afraid for a while that maybe you had sunken into the cyder-abyss. So I'm very glad to know you're still out there and thinking about P&J (and that you're all right in general! relatively speaking at least.) Your last post on the board (before these ones) seemed so kind of final and bleak, that I just felt compelled to cry out for a glimmer or hope! But I'm relieved to hear it's still on your mind, you haven't given up on Perry and Jesse, and that one day, maybe soon (or not so soon as the case may be), we'll see a continuation of this epic teen saga.

And I have to say to all those that have posted about the inevitable breakup and tragedy at the end of the story -- I don't think it will be a tragedy in the end. I think Perry will be happy; as underthehoodster says, Perry and Jesse will be reunited some time in the future. To what extent, who knows -- but it seems as if the reunion will be more sweet than bittersweet. I hope that P&J turns out to be a story about hope and the everlasting capacity for true love to live on.

I'm also an optimist!

• 1 month later...

"Will there ever be more? I honestly don't know. Believe me, I have made several starts at it, only to become frustrated and blocked. Whatever spark allowed me to carry the adventures of P&J this far, seems to have abandoned me, at least for now."

I can understand why you're at a loss to be able to continue, the story got completely out of control in the last part. Perry just came across as a complete wimp, dunno how Jesse put up with him, Morgan became a total nutcase, actually Morgan was a way to finish the series, he could have gone totally ballistic and blown up the whole school lol. Serious though it did go too far, everybody wanting to be in Perry's pants whether gay, straight, male, female, talking about girls, for a little catholic school, every single girl there happened to be a slut. Then there was the thing of everybody being into feet, cmon dude, I know some peeps are into that but a whole school? Nah.

There is a way to continue the story and that is to forget the whole Morgan, Tom, Jessica thing ever happened. It can be done, people have been killed off in tv series and movies but come back to life again lol. I totally enjoyed the story up until all the sillyness started happening then I just became annoyed, even though I did read it til the end lol. So yeh, start the next part with the continuing Perry, Jesse story putting, Morgan, Tom and slaggy Jessica etc. back to being friends and that's all. It's worth considering, the story could never have any credibility carrying it on the way it was going in the last part. We know now that Perry and Jesse are going to split up which kind of spoilt the story for many but it's done now and the reader can live with that, it could be way in the future.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but it's the way I see it. I still want to read more about them but please find some credible level to continue, I think you can do it.

Ironically, the story was originally intended to be much more on the 'silly' side than the way it turned out. My idea was to use the standard 'new kid in school' teenage soap opera format as a way of exploring various fetishes and fantasies. In a way, the characters snuck up on me. The relationship between Perry and Jesse became more serious than I expected, and their friends all clamored to tell their stories as well. You are correct that it was all becoming a bit too much toward the end--too many characters and too many plot threads, but if you look at it from my original perspective, you can see that when things started getting too serious, I would try to return to my original intentions.

It's been more than a few years now since I stopped writing, and I doubt that I will be going back there any time soon. Still, P&J was very important to me at one time, and allowed me to correspond with hundreds of people I would never have had a chance to meet in real life from all over the world. I know that it is the work of an amateur and that there isn't much point in trying to defend it as such. Still, I do feel bad about leaving the story hanging when it was always meant to have a definite ending. Certainly, if I was to pick up the saga again, it would have to be handled somewhat differently, with more focus on the central story. And who knows, maybe the day will come when Perry comes knocking at the door of my mind, asking to please be let out to tell the rest of his story. He does remind me every now and again that Jesse was and always will be the great love of his life. There is a bond there that can never be broken by space or time, and I take comfort in that.

• 9 months later...

HI i have just started reading this, and it is great. I have only just started book 2 at the moment but am really enjoying it, anyway I was just reading though and in one of the other topics someone said there was a photo of perry and jesse up but I can't seem to find it. If anyone could provide a link tha would be great, if there really are pictures of them.

• 4 months later...

(HI i have just started reading this, and it is great. I have only just started book 2 at the moment but am really enjoying it, anyway I was just reading though and in one of the other topics someone said there was a photo of perry and jesse up but I can't seem to find it. If anyone could provide a link tha would be great, if there really are pictures of them.)

There used to be a St. Boniface website supported by GA that had a gallery as well as chapters enhanced with photos, but it seems to have disappeared. I suppose it was taking up space that could be (and should be) used by active authors/stories. Of course, there are no definitive pix of P&J. They are whatever you imagine them to be. Let me know if you finish the story (which is incomplete in case you didn't already know). Write to me at underthehoodster@netscape.net.

• 6 years later...

You probably didn't notice, but they put a banner for your 1st story in on of the classic authors promotion posts. I actually start reading the series. It is been so long that I don't expect you to finish anymore. It is a shame as you laid out a lot of problems a challenges we can face growing up, we will never know what drove Perry to "the straight life", and why did he marry and decided to leave Jesse.

Anyway congratulations for what you did, at least for the books I read already (1&2)