Born Around 1963? You May Remember These TV Shows

I randomly ran into this on Youtube. Someone who was born in 1963 posted this compilation of tv themes from shows that aired during their childhood. I instantly thought of Mark Arbour, our resident 63er. I figured they and anyone about his age on here would get a kick out of this. Which ones do you remember? Born Around 1963? A Few TV Shows You May Remember...

I'm guessing Mark was a Hart-To-Hart guy for some reason, as well as Dallas. Not sure about Alan. I used to watch reruns of Chips and Charlie's Angels as a child, and I loved the themes.

Here are some themes from some other 70's shows I remember loving as a child:

All in the Family

Wonder Woman

"Da plane, boss! Da plane!" I really wish I make that reference without getting confused looks. LOL.

I randomly ran into this on Youtube. Someone who was born in 1963 posted this compilation of tv themes from shows that aired during their childhood. I instantly thought of Mark Arbour, our resident 63er. I figured they and anyone about his age on here would get a kick out of this. Which ones do you remember? Born Around 1963? A Few TV Shows You May Remember...

I'm guessing Mark was a Hart-To-Hart guy for some reason, as well as Dallas. Not sure about Alan. I used to watch reruns of Chips and Charlie's Angels as a child, and I loved the themes.

All in the Family

Wonder Woman

"Da plane, boss! Da plane!" I really wish I make that reference without getting confused looks. LOL.

Born 1953, I remember shows like Topper, Palidan, Gunsmoke, and before Gilligan (of Gilligan's Island) Maynard G. Krebs, the beatnik of the many loves of Dobey Gillis

Born in 1963? I graduated HS in 1963! You are sooooo young!

But I do remember all those shows plus I Love Lucy, George & Gracy, The Jackie Gleason Show, . . .

Actually, I was born in 1985. I was posting that for members who were born in 1963 like Mark Arbour and Pollin. I think James Savvik was as well.

I also really liked One Day At A Time. E! used to re-run it in the '90's. Bonnie Franklin, Valerie Bertinelli, and McKenzie Phillips had some great cast chemistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M82CUd6isyY&feature=related

Anyone remember Soupy Sales? Or Kuckla, Fran, and Olie? Sheri Lewis? How about Car 54 Where Are You?

I remember a silly new TV show that came on called The Addams Family. Or when Matlock was a young father named Andy Griffith with an 8 or 9 year old boy named Opie.

I also remember when TV shows went from black and white to color - The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Gun Smoke...

One of the VERY best shows in the sixties was Laugh-In. And one cannot forget Carol Burnet eventually going from the Gary Moore show to her own show, and changing history!

Anybody remember The Mod Squad? I was SO in love with Pete! Which reminds me, I had to rush home from school in those days to see Quentin Collins in Dark Shadow too! And then wait for the hour of drooling over Danno, on the original Hawaii 5-0. Or the cute guys in The Time Tunnel...?

And remember when Sally field was an 18 year old Flying Nun? But I miss Mr. Ed. I even remember when Patty Duke had her own show, she must have been all of 16...!

But best of all was on Saturdays when they would show TWO, yes, two, back-to-back movies with Tarzan; that nearly naked guy and Boy, even though Boy was a little young for me, he was sure cute! Had to watch those loin clothes - sometimes they revealed more than they were supposed to!

Edited by Tipdin

All in the Family

Wonder Woman

No "Hart to Hart" for me. I was completely into Dallas; I actually discovered it through the back door: Knot's Landing was the first night time soap I got into. I think Falcon Crest ended up being my favorite.

Laverne and Shirley and Happy Days were huge, but I searched this thread diligently for the biggest 70's sitcom of all and couldn't find it: M*A*S*H*

Carol Burnett was my favorite variety show, followed closely by Laugh In. How come none of you gay guys mentioned Sonny and Cher (or Cher without Sonny)?

I think All in the Family has to be one of the most important shows on TV.

No "Hart to Hart" for me. I was completely into Dallas; I actually discovered it through the back door: Knot's Landing was the first night time soap I got into. I think Falcon Crest ended up being my favorite.

Laverne and Shirley and Happy Days were huge, but I searched this thread diligently for the biggest 70's sitcom of all and couldn't find it: M*A*S*H*

Dallas makes the most sense. The CAP Saga is so clearly written as a Calfornia-based, gay version of Dallas. I liked Dynasty better- F/X used to run re-runs of it. I thought Al Corey was so hot. Never watched Knot's Landing or Falcon Crest. Apparently named me the way they named me because they wanted to call me "J.R.". Dallas inspired my name. Kinda funny. LOL.

M*A*S*H*...I never could get into one. I liked All in the Family, but M*A*S*H just never engaged me.

I guess we can expand this stuff to early '80's stuff since you were still coming-of-age...

I re-watched the Falcon Crest theme, Mark. Three thoughts:

1. Jane Wyman looks so much like Nancy Reagan. Right down to the red suits. Ronnie really had a type, huh?

2. Lorenzo Lamas was brutally hot in the early 1980's hunky way. I'm surprised he didn't get used as a prototype for some hunky character when you did "Man In Motion".

3. Alison's stalker on Melrose's Place was in this show! I knew the name "Billy Moses" sounded familiar.

Edited by methodwriter85