I Like Drums

I'm not going to presume to even guess how long the first video took to set up and practice. The drum corp one? Months. At least. Mind you, that's almost certainly a college program, so they probably spend more time on it than a high school program can manage, but it's still a lot of time and effort to practice and memorize something like that.

WOW.

Thanks for posting those vids - very cool.

I especially enjoyed the Michael Jackson video; what a neat thing to do. I would assume it brought joy and diversion to a great number of people - in a place that has limited joy to begin with.

Why can't we do more of this kind of thing? Music - it's relatively inexpensive and brings people together. I think Michael was onto something, we could bring about world peace by creating music groups comprised of players from every country on Earth, who then go around creating HUGE musical extravaganzas. If those events were recorded on video and played everywhere, I think that would help us more than the efforts of all the ambassadors who ever lived - combined.

And music can be like comfort food - it sticks with you, making you feel full for a good long time. If countries just focused on working together to create music, we might not put so much effort into killing each other.

I'm not going to presume to even guess how long the first video took to set up and practice. The drum corp one? Months. At least. Mind you, that's almost certainly a college program, so they probably spend more time on it than a high school program can manage, but it's still a lot of time and effort to practice and memorize something like that.

WOW.

That is the University of Southern California Marching Band. I can only say that Tommy's grandparents have warped him by taking him to USC football games. I am hoping a trip up north can restore him to normalcy.

• Like 1