Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 65 : Knowledge is Power

Chapter 65, Knowledge is Power, is up. :)

It's a few hours early; I had it set to autopost at 11:55 pm, as a test, but it's up already, so I think I misset it. :)

BTW, if anyone wants to have a closer look at Carnarvon, google Earth has a lot of photos, and street views. For those who don't have google earth, google maps works great, on sat view, and shows photos as well.

Chapter 65, Knowledge is Power, is up. :)

It's a few hours early; I had it set to autopost at 11:55 pm, as a test, but it's up already, so I think I misset it. :)

BTW, if anyone wants to have a closer look at Carnarvon, google Earth has a lot of photos, and street views. For those who don't have google earth, google maps works great, on sat view, and shows photos as well.

B)................. Great chapter! Really looking forward to the interview with Joel, Lisa, Frank and Gonzales. That should be most revealing, if Henry plays cards right he will get a lot of information out of them. maybe even get a chance to sweep the guesthouse for the bugs planted there. The noose is tightening up on George and Bridget, will Gonzales or Henry suggest that Joel & Lisa feed false information to Bridget to see where it leads? How much information will Henry share with Gonzales if he gets the go ahead from Jim and Dirk? Will Gonzales finally bring in the Feds and plant a GPS on the Sea Witch? After all knowledge is power!

The phone call to Seychelles will be interesting, especially if one or both of the pirates star singing to the cops. The connection to the Cartel will be made, again the Feds need to be involved soon.

Hmmm, did Trevor just out himself to Shane? I'm guessing the arboreal stop was a dead giveaway for Shane. 0:) And of course the speedo collection of Trevor's may have peaked his interest!

Edited by Benji

Looks like those scumbags Bridget Bellevue and George Alfred are finally getting some police attention. Unfortunately the cartel is still at work in Australia.

It also looks like Trevor and Shane may end up being good friends, boyfriends. The sudden tree stop will not go without notice. Also I approve of the speedo selection.

Thanks for publishing another chapter.

Its going to be an interesting few weeks for Trevor before Joel comes. Still pending the reporters and the media.

We still wil wonder if the blakes will rent their boat to Trevor? The question is who would rent to a 17yo. First look is no way.

You know we have no evidence that Shane taking a mutual interest like Trevor has ... perhaps the slab will do it in a night or two when they go so drunk they sleep on the floor of the boat holding each other. It be bad if only Trev was holding shane then he be busted.

I hope CJ doesn't pull FTL prank ... seeing the boys demolish the town because sanchez guys found them.

I sure hope every one meets some other part of austrailia and give the bad guys the slip.

- - -

Nice to see Heny and Gonzo team up ... I hope there's more heat up on G&B because they been having too much fun. of course it doesn't happen that way. it shows that our society doesn't work to prevent problems. Just try to get them after the fact rather than before the fact.

If Gonzales gets enough intel on drugs then he would have to work with the Feds\CIA\NSA to bust G&B. We don't know how much G has on influence in with the Feds in general. Its certain hard to work with a mole that works outside the box on regulations and laws.

A really good chapter! Full of interesting tidbits and welcome progress on phony Bridgit. Carnarvon has been hit by serious flooding. Go to:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/rescue-in-western-australia-as-flood-records-rewritten/story-e6frf7l6-1225973652436

Charles Lane, Anchorage

Thanks!!!

And yeah, Carnarvon was hit, bad, especially out towards east Carnarvon, which is lower lying and bordered on the north by the Gascoyone river, but all throughout the area to a degree. I hope they don't get forgotten, overshadowed by the devastation in Queensland.

Here's a bit of Carnarvon trivia: the esturay that the yacht basin is on, the Fascine, gets many mentions in the story. It got it's name from a flood in 1915, when bundles of sticks were used to shore or the bank of what would be called the Fascine. The sticks resembled the bundles on the fascist logo, so the local lore is that that's where the Fascine got it's name. I find that hard to buy, because in 1915 fascisim was a minor fringe element, and Italy was an ally in WWI, in it's first year at the time. My own theory is that fasces have been a symbol since at least Roman times, and the Fascine was named for fasces, but not related to a yet-to-be-popularized fascist symbol.

That's my guess, anyway. :)

B)................. Great chapter! Really looking forward to the interview with Joel, Lisa, Frank and Gonzales. That should be most revealing, if Henry plays cards right he will get a lot of information out of them. maybe even get a chance to sweep the guesthouse for the bugs planted there. The noose is tightening up on George and Bridget, will Gonzales or Henry suggest that Joel & Lisa feed false information to Bridget to see where it leads? How much information will Henry share with Gonzales if he gets the go ahead from Jim and Dirk? Will Gonzales finally bring in the Feds and plant a GPS on the Sea Witch? After all knowledge is power!

The phone call to Seychelles will be interesting, especially if one or both of the pirates star singing to the cops. The connection to the Cartel will be made, again the Feds need to be involved soon.

Hmmm, did Trevor just out himself to Shane? I'm guessing the arboreal stop was a dead giveaway for Shane. 0:) And of course the speedo collection of Trevor's may have peaked his interest!

The title, "Knowledge is Power", was picked because it fit in both storylines. :)

In Florida, we see it on serious issue. In Australia, we saw Trevor turn the tables on Shane, when Shane was trying to prank Trevor with Aussie slang.

Yep, Bridget and George are getting in ever hotter water, and they don;t know it. Don't worry though, they're resourceful, they'll be okay. :)

Looks like those scumbags Bridget Bellevue and George Alfred are finally getting some police attention. Unfortunately the cartel is still at work in Australia.

It also looks like Trevor and Shane may end up being good friends, boyfriends. The sudden tree stop will not go without notice. Also I approve of the speedo selection.

Thanks for publishing another chapter.

Poor Trevor; he has a long history of walking into things when there's a hot guy around. Early in the story, Julie was teasing him, reminding him of the time a hot surfer came on a charter and Trevor kept walking into bulkheads. Then, in Italy, when he met his one night stand, he racked up his nuts on the corner of the pool table.. ouch. :lol:

Its going to be an interesting few weeks for Trevor before Joel comes. Still pending the reporters and the media.

We still wil wonder if the blakes will rent their boat to Trevor? The question is who would rent to a 17yo. First look is no way.

You know we have no evidence that Shane taking a mutual interest like Trevor has ... perhaps the slab will do it in a night or two when they go so drunk they sleep on the floor of the boat holding each other. It be bad if only Trev was holding shane then he be busted.

I hope CJ doesn't pull FTL prank ... seeing the boys demolish the town because sanchez guys found them.

I sure hope every one meets some other part of austrailia and give the bad guys the slip.

- - -

Nice to see Heny and Gonzo team up ... I hope there's more heat up on G&B because they been having too much fun. of course it doesn't happen that way. it shows that our society doesn't work to prevent problems. Just try to get them after the fact rather than before the fact.

If Gonzales gets enough intel on drugs then he would have to work with the Feds\CIA\NSA to bust G&B. We don't know how much G has on influence in with the Feds in general. Its certain hard to work with a mole that works outside the box on regulations and laws.

There's nothing to worry about... Sanchez is no longer talking about killing Trevor, just making him a few inches shorter.:)

Good point on law and society; law enforcement is designed to punish crime, not prevent it, in most cases. In this case, Gonzalez pretty much knows what George is up to, but without proof, he can;t do anything.

• Site Administrator

I don't think the Speedo's will give anything away about Trevor. Maybe an Australian can correct me if I'm wrong, but Speedo's are quite common there much like in Europe and South America. It seems like us North Americans are the only prudes :P (and no, I'm NOT gonna pose in a speedo :o )

I can see things starting to go in the good guys favour soon. Once Gonzales and Harry figure out that the guest house is bugged, which will probably be quick, they may find out about the attempt on Trevor's life about to happen. Then they will alert our ever present Coast Guard peoples and if they have an equivalent of the RCMP in Australia, they will intercept Sanchez's hit man (unless it is Bondwriter, then Trevor is f**ked :o ). Finally somehow Joel and Lisa will hear about Trevor's premature but false demise and talk about it and fake mourn him letting George and Bridget thinking that Sanchez had completed the deed.

CJ, do you mean take a few inches off of Trevor AFTER Shane lengthens Trevor's neck for him. Kind of defeats the purpose of what Shane wants to do :lol:

Loved the chapter CJ, thanks :great:

The timber fascine along the Gascoyne River in Carnarvon was built by settlers in 1910 and completed in 1925. The fascine (timber retaining wall) is only one of two fascines in the world and was built to prevent erosion of the river banks during floods There's a pic here: http://www.westaustralianvista.com/carnarvon.html

oops how did that happen??? :$

I don't think the Speedo's will give anything away about Trevor. Maybe an Australian can correct me if I'm wrong, but Speedo's are quite common there much like in Europe and South America. It seems like us North Americans are the only prudes :P (and no, I'm NOT gonna pose in a speedo :o )

I can see things starting to go in the good guys favour soon. Once Gonzales and Harry figure out that the guest house is bugged, which will probably be quick, they may find out about the attempt on Trevor's life about to happen. Then they will alert our ever present Coast Guard peoples and if they have an equivalent of the RCMP in Australia, they will intercept Sanchez's hit man (unless it is Bondwriter, then Trevor is f**ked :o ). Finally somehow Joel and Lisa will hear about Trevor's premature but false demise and talk about it and fake mourn him letting George and Bridget thinking that Sanchez had completed the deed.

CJ, do you mean take a few inches off of Trevor AFTER Shane lengthens Trevor's neck for him. Kind of defeats the purpose of what Shane wants to do :lol:

Loved the chapter CJ, thanks :great:

Speedos are more common in Australia than the US, especially among athletes (Australia's spectacular surf lifesavers, for one) and are probably roughly as common there as Europe for actual swimming (well, slightly less... boardies are more common for beachwear) from what I've seen. (Caveat: I've been to a few beaches in Europe recently (well, I guess it's been over a year now).., but haven't been to Australia for many years, so for the Aussie side of that equation, I'm guessing, based on what I've read and pics I've seen.) What we need is an Australian to weigh in. :)

Shane wouldn't think anything of Trevor buying speedos. Shane knows that Trevor is a swimmer, and Shane mentioned being a surf lifesaver, and he told Trevor (who was wearing boardshorts) that he'd need to get a swimsuit, and he wants to race Trevor (To see if yanks can swim).

The Aussies, bTW, invented the speedo. :)

The Australians do indeed have their own version of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police; the Royal Australian Mounted Police. Very similar, it's just that they ride kangaroos, not horses. :ranger:

The timber fascine along the Gascoyne River in Carnarvon was built by settlers in 1910 and completed in 1925. The fascine (timber retaining wall) is only one of two fascines in the world and was built to prevent erosion of the river banks during floods There's a pic here: http://www.westaustralianvista.com/carnarvon.html

oops how did that happen??? :$

Great link for Carnarvon, thanks!

BTW, one part of it needs updating: HMAS Sydney. She's been found.

No worries on the duplicate posts (I got rid of the duplicates.). It happens sometimes, and might be a software glitch. What be normally do is just blame Wildone. 0:)

Whats this all shane runaways can swim? Is shane a Joel substitute? I'm still waiting for Adult asault charges on a minor soon to be elevated to a Adult abuse on a minor.

If Trevor finds a self profest gay teen he likes .. shane might not get a chance may get off the hook.

oh well its just two guts having fun with each other ... trev seem to have a shane fixation ... like why should he have expected another teen would like him as a friend or a mate

mmm when is shane going to teach Trevor to dance austrailia cowboy line dancing? or Kangaroo boxing!! Ostrage racing!!

Whats this all shane runaways can swim? Is shane a Joel substitute? I'm still waiting for Adult asault charges on a minor soon to be elevated to a Adult abuse on a minor.

If Trevor finds a self profest gay teen he likes .. shane might not get a chance may get off the hook.

oh well its just two guts having fun with each other ... trev seem to have a shane fixation ... like why should he have expected another teen would like him as a friend or a mate

mmm when is shane going to teach Trevor to dance austrailia cowboy line dancing? or Kangaroo boxing!! Ostrage racing!!

Shane was just winding Trevor up with the bit about Yanks not being able to swim. :)

Trevor did say he wants to see a kangaroo... Kangaroo races, maybe? :ph34r:

The next chapter title (Before I forget again, like last week,) is "Double Bluff". :)

• Site Administrator

The next chapter title (Before I forget again, like last week,) is "Double Bluff". :)

Any chance of renaming it "Double Buff" :lmao:

And I mean as in Joel and Lisa of course :P

Love love love this story just found it and I'm hooked can't wait for the next chapter

Thanks, and Welcome to the forum!! :2thumbs:

The next chapter should be up within the hour.

Any chance of renaming it "Double Buff" :lmao:

And I mean as in Joel and Lisa of course :P

:lmao:

Funnily enough, Lisa and Joel are central in the chapter. :)

B).................... Joel and Lisa??? :wacko:

If I get accused of a cliffhanger again, I just might put in a detailed sex scene... of Bridget and George. :devil:

just spend my whole weekend reading this story.

Love the writing style and looking forward how this is going to continue

Thanks, and Welcome to the forum! :2thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Seychelles takes on international drug cartel

English.news.cn 2011-07-01 19:37:12Posted ImageFeedbackPosted ImagePosted ImagePrintPosted ImagePosted ImageRSSPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

VICTORY, July 1 (Xinhua) -- Authorities in Seychelles have made significant inroads in breaking the back of a locally-based drug cartel with connections with other countries of the Indian Ocean rim, the country's anti-drug agency said on Friday.

The National Drug Enforcement Agency (NDEA), together with the police and custom services earlier this week arrested a 48-year- old Kenyan woman with a substantial amount of heroine.

The arrest led to that of 125 locals as well as some Seychelles nationals in Dubai by authorities in the United Arab Emirates, all connected with that cartel.

One NDEA official told Xinhua on Friday that with this week's arrests, they seized heroine with a market value of 209,000 U. S. dollars, although they had not yet dismantled the cartel.

The fight against drugs is a top priority of the government of President James Michel, who won re-election in May on the pledge to undertake a social revolution to rid the Indian Ocean archipelago of its social ills.

Drug-trafficking is a lucrative business for some cartels and drug lords as the inhabitants of the islands have a high standard of living (its annual income per capita is 7, 000 dollars), which provides the money, sometimes through theft, to fuel the demand for the illegal substance.

Seychelles takes on international drug cartel

English.news.cn 2011-07-01 19:37:12Posted ImageFeedbackPosted ImagePosted ImagePrintPosted ImagePosted ImageRSSPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

VICTORY, July 1 (Xinhua) -- Authorities in Seychelles have made significant inroads in breaking the back of a locally-based drug cartel with connections with other countries of the Indian Ocean rim, the country's anti-drug agency said on Friday.

The National Drug Enforcement Agency (NDEA), together with the police and custom services earlier this week arrested a 48-year- old Kenyan woman with a substantial amount of heroine.

The arrest led to that of 125 locals as well as some Seychelles nationals in Dubai by authorities in the United Arab Emirates, all connected with that cartel.

One NDEA official told Xinhua on Friday that with this week's arrests, they seized heroine with a market value of 209,000 U. S. dollars, although they had not yet dismantled the cartel.

The fight against drugs is a top priority of the government of President James Michel, who won re-election in May on the pledge to undertake a social revolution to rid the Indian Ocean archipelago of its social ills.

Drug-trafficking is a lucrative business for some cartels and drug lords as the inhabitants of the islands have a high standard of living (its annual income per capita is 7, 000 dollars), which provides the money, sometimes through theft, to fuel the demand for the illegal substance.

Thanks for posting this!

Yep, the Seychelles is a drug smuggling nexus, and those organizations often have contacts with each other. That's how Sanchez was able to pull off the attack on Atlantis with the pirates. :chris:

Thanks for posting this!

Yep, the Seychelles is a drug smuggling nexus, and those organizations often have contacts with each other. That's how Sanchez was able to pull off the attack on Atlantis with the pirates. :chris:

I am glad I not visit my BF there

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..