Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Reviews...

I just wanted to say thank youPosted Image to those of you who have posted reviews of my stories. I've even gotten a few on the older ones. It's great that you guys did that, because I think it makes the story appear more appealing to those who haven't read them yet. That, and I really enjoy reading what you have to say. Posted ImagePosted Image

I just wanted to say thank youPosted Image to those of you who have posted reviews of my stories. I've even gotten a few on the older ones. It's great that you guys did that, because I think it makes the story appear more appealing to those who haven't read them yet. That, and I really enjoy reading what you have to say. Posted ImagePosted Image

I haven't read a single one of your stories that I didn't enjoy all the way through. I do have to confess that I've read and re-read the Granger stories a few times, though. I get so wrapped up in them! I do hope you continue on with that genre...Napoleonic wars, that is, for quite a long while! I'm being selfish, 'cause I want to continue reading them! Above all, thank you for all your hard work! By the way, I've decide that Bradley James from "Merlin" is Granger, hands down! Or Henry Cavill with his hair dyed blonde...hmmm! Gawd, could you imagine them both on the same ship... :devil: Sorry, I'm rambling...

I served in HMC Navy. I have read all of the Bridgemont Series. As a lover of stories and books about the days of Iron men and wooden ships, I was wondering if that's it for this series or do you intend to continue with another book?

Thank you for some really wonderful, human and interesting stories

Monosauris@hotmail.com

Thanks! There will be more, but it may take me a bit as real life co-opts my time.

I have to honestly say while I loved the HMS Belvidera, I was very put off by the title of Chronicles of an Academic Predator, because I don't like predators of any kind (other than the ones that drones carry), but when I actually read the stories I was very impressed and the title just didn't seem to fit the story.

If you could do it all over, would you keep the same name?

I have to honestly say while I loved the HMS Belvidera, I was very put off by the title of Chronicles of an Academic Predator, because I don't like predators of any kind (other than the ones that drones carry), but when I actually read the stories I was very impressed and the title just didn't seem to fit the story.

No.

The idea was based around a professor who enjoys sleeping with teenagers and students. The title fit for that concept, but wow, the story has really expanded from that.

Ah... I see.

Well the title didn't make sense to me at first, but I rationalised to work by interpretating it as follows:

Admist the lurking chaos beneath the surface of societal order, he hunts down lost souls, devours their demons, and nurtures them with his academic mind. He is the Academic Predator.

Okay, it's tacky... but wtv... I'm a dork. :boy:

Ah... I see.

Well the title didn't make sense to me at first, but I rationalised to work by interpretating it as follows:

Admist the lurking chaos beneath the surface of societal order, he hunts down lost souls, devours their demons, and nurtures them with his academic mind. He is the Academic Predator.

Okay, it's tacky... but wtv... I'm a dork. :boy:

That's very cute, and very creative. Good job.Posted Image

I was very put off by the title of Chronicles of an Academic Predator, because I don't like predators of any kind (other than the ones that drones carry), but when I actually read the stories I was very impressed and the title just didn't seem to fit the story.

I was also put off by the title "Chronicles of an Academic Predator". I first started reading the CAP series with Millennium but soon found I had trouble putting all the charactors in place without the background stories. So I stopped reading Millennium and went back as far as the story "Be Rad" trying to understand the charactors better. Then I found I had trouble understanding Be Rad without the background of the other stories. I really did not want to go all the way back to beginning story "Chronicles of an Academic Predator" primarily due to the title, which turned me off.

But I finally did go to the CAP series beginning "Chronicles of an Academic Predator" to start reading the series from the beginning. To me the title did not fit the story except were JP, a professor, forced his bully student back to his condo to torture and rape him. I also found that to be the low point of the story for me. But I was by then, too much into the story and series to let that episode hinder my reading.

I found being able to start with the first story and read completely thru the completed CAP series in order from the beginning, though it took me several weeks, to really add to my enjoyment and understanding of the series. And the stories really would not be complete for me without that first story even though the title was a turn off.

Since retiring reading has become my primary hobby. The CAP series, all 10 stories now, has been an overall pleasure to read and I have gone back to re-read the stories while waiting for new Millennium chapters, including Chronicles of an Academic Predator.

I have some history in my past with writing reviews. I would be tempted to review the stories but I have a tendency to be detailed and long winded with reviewing.

Edited by KYE

I was also put off by the title "Chronicles of an Academic Predator". I first started reading the CAP series with Millennium but soon found I had trouble putting all the charactors in place without the background stories. So I stopped reading Millennium and went back as far as the story "Be Rad" trying to understand the charactors better. Then I found I had trouble understanding Be Rad without the background of the other stories. I really did not want to go all the way back to beginning story "Chronicles of an Academic Predator" primarily due to the title, which turned me off.

But I finally did go to the CAP series beginning "Chronicles of an Academic Predator" to start reading the series from the beginning. To me the title did not fit the story except were JP, a professor, forced his bully student back to his condo to torture and rape him. I also found that to be the low point of the story for me. But I was by then, too much into the story and series to let that episode hinder my reading.

I found being able to start with the first story and read completely thru the completed CAP series in order from the beginning, though it took me several weeks, to really add to my enjoyment and understanding of the series. And the stories really would not be complete for me without that first story even though the title was a turn off.

Since retiring reading has become my primary hobby. The CAP series, all 10 stories now, has been an overall pleasure to read and I have gone back to re-read the stories while waiting for new Millennium chapters, including Chronicles of an Academic Predator.

I have some history in my past with writing reviews. I would be tempted to review the stories but I have a tendency to be detailed and long winded with reviewing.

Thanks Kye. Here, reviews tend to be a little more simplistic, and are posted on GA Stories at the end of each chapter or, I think, for the story. That's not to say you can't go into more detail, but they generally don't.

You are an evil genius. I could not stop reading the "Bridgemont" series for four straight days. I was so obsessed that I missed one whole day of classes.....yay for online class capture! But still, med schools demanding enough without me getting addicted to a story, but this one was just amazing.Posted Image When I saw that 4th series was the last one, I came straight to the forum to see more chapters were posted elsewhere, but just my luck that I'll to wait. Well for such good stories I can wait.

Thank you for an awesome series Posted Image and once I am done with my boards, I am going to revisit and reread them all over again. Hopefully by then there will few more chapters.Posted Image No pressure.Posted Image

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mark,

You do realize as a lawyer [prosecutors are still lawyers - I think] I always have something to say - usually it is somewhat snarky but I try to keep that side of me under control - so Since I just started reading Bridgemont, you are sorta stuck we me for a while - you may want to pull your stories to avoid me even. 0:)

So Dom Luka has the domaholics, what are your rabid rowdy readers called? [Please don't say Arbourists :P ] And are you 'Team Mark' in the GA world and do we have to choose sides? :boy:

How come this place doesn't have it's own rules of conduct. If you need help, you know I am very good at making rules :whistle:

Andy

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..