[Andrew_Q_Gordon] Recipes Peter Gregory Might Make

Alrightie then! I was cooking dinner this evening and I kinda thought this thread could be fun. :) It just might inspire us to cook different things/more. :P

Hehe. So, my first recipe that I reckon Peter might cook:

Mushroom Risotto:

• About one pound of Risotto rice (500grams)

• an onion
  • four sticks of celery
  • splash of olive oil

• $5 white wine/ Martini if on special (or a cheap equivalent)
  • Vegetable broth (around about 50 ounces or1.5 litres)

• a whole bushel of mushrooms (this can be substituted with other more desired veges--though if harder, like brocolli, should be steamed first)
  • a dollop (or three) of butter
  • thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice (to taste)

• a good two to three handfuls of grated parmesan/or an old gouda (whichever is on special or more for the money :P)
  • Cut up the onion and celery until fine, saute until clear in some olive oil.
  • Add the risotto and fry together.
  • In the meantime, heat vegetable broth in a separate pot
  • In another pan, dollop the butter and fry up the sliced mushrooms. Throw in some thyme, salt, pepper.
  • Open up the wine/Martini and throw a generous splosh or two in with the risotto.
  • Once absorbed, ladel the vegetable broth spoon by spoon into the risotto. Stirring after each spoon until soaked up.
  • Once the risotto isn't chewy anymore (should have a nice milky glazing over it), then take off the heat. Add the mushrooms. Stir the parmesan into the rice (it will melt into it).
  • Then serve with a side of salad.
Enjoy.
  • Like 1

Early in the story, someone asked for the recipe for pecan pie and I posted it, for now, I'll be lazy and post that again here until someone else posts more so I don't over load the thread with my ideas:

Pecan Pie - or as it ought to be called PPP [Peter's Pecan Pie] - per the request of an illustrious GA member/moderator :worship:

This is super easy or as they said on a commercial, easy squeezy lemon peezy.

Preheat oven to 350

you need a 9 inch glass pie pan [no size queen jokes please.]

One pie crust. I . . . er Peter uses Pillsbury but feel free to make your own - makes it less easy however.

2/3 cup of sugar

1/4 cup melted butter

3 eggs

12 ounce jar of caramel sryup

1 1/2 cups of Pecan Halves - don't use pieces you will regret it -_-

Mix eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in caramel syrup and melted butter. Toss in the Pecan halve, leaving enough aside to put a layer on top.

Pour mixture into the pan with the crust laid in. Put a layer of Pecan Halves on top. Bake 45 minutes or until knife comes out cleanly. Cool and enjoy. Homemade whipped cream is always best but NEVER use cool whip - bleckie :thumbdown:

Couple hints/tips from Peter - Caramel syrup from the organic store is better - real sugar is better than fructose corn syrup. But Hersey's or Smuckers will do okay as well.

Buy two full cup of Pecans, some jars of caramel are larger than 12 ounces so more Pecans is a good thing. Also the extra pecans can be used to make the top layer I make sure the pie pan is full, this doesn't rise when it bakes so full = good.

IF anyone uses this, be interested to see if you like or not. PM to let me know.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Pecan Pie - or as it ought to be called PPP [Peter's Pecan Pie] - per the request of an illustrious GA member/moderator ../../public/style_emoticons/default/worshippy.gif

This is super easy or as they said on a commercial, easy squeezy lemon peezy.

Preheat oven to 350

you need a 9 inch glass pie pan [no size queen jokes please.]

One pie crust. I . . . er Peter uses Pillsbury but feel free to make your own - makes it less easy however.

2/3 cup of sugar

1/4 cup melted butter

3 eggs

12 ounce jar of caramel sryup

1 1/2 cups of Pecan Halves - don't use pieces you will regret it ../../public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif

Mix eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in caramel syrup and melted butter. Toss in the Pecan halve, leaving enough aside to put a layer on top.

Pour mixture into the pan with the crust laid in. Put a layer of Pecan Halves on top. Bake 45 minutes or until knife comes out cleanly. Cool and enjoy. Homemade whipped cream is always best but NEVER use cool whip - bleckie ../../public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Couple hints/tips from Peter - Caramel syrup from the organic store is better - real sugar is better than fructose corn syrup. But Hersey's or Smuckers will do okay as well.

Buy two full cup of Pecans, some jars of caramel are larger than 12 ounces so more Pecans is a good thing. Also the extra pecans can be used to make the top layer I make sure the pie pan is full, this doesn't rise when it bakes so full = good.

IF anyone uses this, be interested to see if you like or not. PM to let me know.

Good gracious this is Yummy!

Now to try make it meself, lol. :P

Andy, I'll tell you if the caramel sauce works out. (I looked at organic store, but couldn't find any). I'll be sure to pre-heat the oven, too! :D

• Like 1

Okay, so I made the following caramel sauce--

1 cup of sugar (if you don't have a thick bottomed pot, like I don't, lol) add 1/4-1/2 cups of water and stir until boiling.

Leave to boil until liquid-goo is a yellowy-brownish color. Then add

6 Tablespoons of butter and stir in, then

1/2 a cup of heavy whipping cream and beat it.

:pickaxe:

Then go right on and make the pecan pie as Andy has it.

So, Andy, the pie looks great: (this pic is minus the hole, LOL)! http://www.gayauthor...weet-as-recipe/

The only downside of this was I burnt both hands trying to quickly put the pie into the oven. LOL. Definitely well pre-heated!

Edited by AnytaSunday
  • Like 1

Good gracious this is Yummy!

Now to try make it meself, lol. :P

Andy, I'll tell you if the caramel sauce works out. (I looked at organic store, but couldn't find any). I'll be sure to pre-heat the oven, too! :D

Everyone agreed it tasted fine, but this is the first time it came out like Pecan Soup instead of Pecan Pie - this is what i get for not using the regular deeper glass pie pan and using way more nuts than called for. That and um yeah we left the oven open way too long when we were putting the pie in the ovem

Okay, so I made the following caramel sauce--

1 cup of sugar (if you don't have a thick bottomed pot, like I don't, lol) add 1/4-1/2 cups of water and stir until boiling.

Leave to boil until liquid-goo is a yellowy-brownish color. Then add

6 Tablespoons of butter and stir in, then

1/2 a cup of heavy whipping cream and beat it.

:pickaxe:

Then go right on and make the pecan pie as Andy has it.

So, Andy, the pie looks great: (this pic is minus the hole, LOL)! http://www.gayauthor...weet-as-recipe/

The only downside of this was I burnt both hands trying to quickly put the pie into the oven. LOL. Definitely well pre-heated!

Okay so you made your our caramel sauce??? :blink: Geez, I don't even make my own pie crust. Are you going to grow your own Pecans next :P

So how did it come out?? I'm gonna bet it was way better than mine given the home made sauce you used. I'm gonna try that next time just to see the difference - woo hoo - new recipe :)

Sorry you burned your hands. :(

• Like 1