hey all. Have you done karaoke? Would you do karaoke? If you have or would like to what song would/did you sing? Share with us

OK I haven't done karaoke yet but believe me I will if i get drunk and someone offers me a mic, and my song is I miss you by Blink182 or Kryptonite by 3 Doors down.

• Site Administrator

I'm a country girl, that's what I sing most of the time. Mostly likely, Garth, Reba, Martina. That being said I have horrid stage fright and was unable to sing less than trios for the most part growing up when I sang in school. Maybe if I was drinking I would be okay with singing, I dunno. Don't know if everyone else would be okay with hearing me at that point, lol. That'd have to be a LOT of alcohol! :P

Oh gosh, yes. Karaoke, and live. I have a theater background and I used to sing at a gay piano bar. I was one of the "belters" that loved the big songs with the big loud finishes.

Of course, lots of show tunes. But love songs as well. In 40 years of singing for the stage and audience, I have never once, EVER sung a true country song, like as in bluegrass. That kind of music is just fingernails down the blackboard to me. when that kind of music starts, I turn into a screaming queen, running for safety.

Since I quit drinking, I can't imagine any case that would end with me doing Karaoke

I didn't quit, but I slowed down enough to know better. Got a haircut on Halloween, and they tried to pass me the mic in the salon. NUH UH.

I would, but it would definitely require a fair amount of the ol' whiskey. I was going to once, but we ended up leaving before my turn. It seems like fun, to be honest, and if I could dull my immediate embarrassment I doubt there would be much in the way of ill side effects : P

• Site Administrator

Okay, I'd sing Living on a Prayer too :P My kids like it when we play Rock Band, they make me sing Eye of the Tiger all the time as well as Lump. :P

I've sang karaoke a couple of times with friends. We usually do it for laughs so most of the time will sing boyband songs and do the matching movements. I Want It That Way and Bye Bye Bye being the most common. An exaggerated version of Quit Playing Games with My Heart is also popular.I've sang to dates as well. One was a Boyz2Men song and another was something about us just being friends.

We also have a karaoke at home so yeah. haha

I don't think I can think of a single thing that doesn't involve a painful death that I wouldn't rather do than karaoke. There are only two situations where I'd ever sing. Alone in my room when no one is in the house or alone in the shower. Note the common theme of being alone.

I have sung in front of large crowds and I have talked in front of large crowds. Talking, giving speeches much much easier. LOL, never would I do karoke ....way too much stage fright.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather have my teeth pulled than subject myself to this self-inflicted torture! :wacko:

The rare ones that can hold a note aren't so bad... it's the people who get up there after a few drinks, decide to wail some unrecognisable tune, which then proceeds to curdle my pint, that I object to. So I tend to avoid at all costs.

I would not sing in karaoke, but it has been a huge and popular form of entertainment in Finland for over two decades. Good singers is fun to watch, bad ones... just no. I'm a bad singer :P

I fear I fall into DragonFire's catergory. Even though Its not on a stage or a pub, just with freinds I do need the words on a laptop or know the song very well. I may be tone deaf but the Beatles, Queen, Beach Boys, Annie Lenox, Abba, Pet shop boys, Coldplay to name only a few have all fallen victim to me alone or with others.

I did karaoke once when I was 15. It was on a school trip to Berlin, and there was this one night when we all went to a karaoke bar. It was sooooo awesome! I can't sing, I'll be honest, so I wasn't exactly on the stage with a mic, but I did sing along, and I was NOT happy when it was time to leave!

But Singstar (a game, for those who don't know it) is also karaoke, come to think of it, and I've played that often. It's really cool, but in my opinion, it's best to play it with a group of people.

• 3 weeks later...

I have sung some songs with on-request live bands in restaurants (forcefully that is), but never did Karaoke... If I did it now, the only song that comes to my head is "Need you now"

• Like 1