Damian's belief system has been turned upside down: his sister isn't who he thought she was, and vampires really do exist. Luckily with so many obstacles to overcome and so many choices to be made, he does not not have to navigate this new landscape alone. Vik, prince of his people, has set his eye and his heart on Damian.
And what Vik wants...

A place to discuss the new story Of Renee -- Joined By Blood biggrin.gif And to let her know what we have to say that didn't fit in the review! wink.gif

• Site Administrator

The biggest part of this story is the mystery in it. Right now it seems like the basic vampire legend we all know but I bet things change ;) The story has great snapshots of scenes, vivid moments that stand out as the action moves along. We get to see the story behind the story but it flows so well it's not distracting from the characters and what they are enduring. Damian and Vik are an interesting mix. I really want to seem more of Vik and get to find out more about him. He's uber mysterious!

The biggest part of this story is the mystery in it. Right now it seems like the basic vampire legend we all know but I bet things change ;) The story has great snapshots of scenes, vivid moments that stand out as the action moves along. We get to see the story behind the story but it flows so well it's not distracting from the characters and what they are enduring. Damian and Vik are an interesting mix. I really want to seem more of Vik and get to find out more about him. He's uber mysterious!

Thanks for posting in the forum too Cia! There are lots of things that are going to happen throughout this story, most of them I already know, but other things... I never know if my characters are going to change something on me. I'm so glad to hear that the flow is smooth and that the characters are really coming to life for you! I think Damian and Vik could prove to be an explosive mix, based on what we already know about them, but only time will tell!

So, I'm wondering what my readers favorite scenes are for Chapter 1? What characters do you love and which characters do you hate and why? Was there something in this chapter that you really just didn't like? All thoughts are welcome here whether they be positive or constructive criticism!

I really love this story and hope more will be posted. The suspense is killing me along with its mysterious background. Oooooo I want more already!!!!

Thanks for posting and I'm glad that you are enjoying the story! A new chapter will be up no later than Wednesday, maybe even before!

What a fantastic first chapter! I was enthralled by everything.

Damian's shaping up to be a character I'll love to read. I feel so bad about what's happened with him and his sister. I also like Vik's character. Already he's saved Damian, his people seem to like him, and like many have already stated, he's mysterious (in a good way.)

This story seems like its going to be a great read and I'm super excited for that!

:)

Cheers!

What a fantastic first chapter! I was enthralled by everything.

Damian's shaping up to be a character I'll love to read. I feel so bad about what's happened with him and his sister. I also like Vik's character. Already he's saved Damian, his people seem to like him, and like many have already stated, he's mysterious (in a good way.)

This story seems like its going to be a great read and I'm super excited for that!

:)

Cheers!

Thank you for joining in on the discussion! I'm so happy that you enjoyed the first chapter and there is much more to come! The thing between him and his sister is sad, but you know me, I have to put my characters through some kind of hell throughout the story. I love both of my main characters in this story, with Damian, he's a fighter, he doesn't take stuff lying down. With Vik, I see him as a fighter, but also as a protector and so much more. I hope you continue to enjoy the characters and the story as it progresses!

I really like the good vamp vs. bad vamp scenario. I can’t wait to find out what Vik has in store for Damian. I know that Becca is his sister and he loves her and all, but wow…I thought my sisters were vengeful. Edited by KC Grim

I really like the good vamp vs. bad vamp scenario. I can’t wait to find out what Vik has in store for Damian. I know that Becca is his sister and he loves her and all, but wow…I thought my sisters were vengeful.

Thanks KC for coming to visit the forum! It's great to hear that you are enjoying the story so far. As for what Vik has in store for Damian, there is much more of this story to come. The journey should prove to be interesting and I hope to hear from you on what you think of later chapters. As for Becca... well, I think it is obvious what my opinion of her is with what I write, but as you said, she is Damian's sister and he loves her. I think it's going to be an interesting journey to see how his thoughts and feelings grow and/or change.

Edited by Renee Stevens

Thankfully the only sibling I have is a younger brother who is also my best friend. But then again, Damian never thought Becca would turn on him... haha

Wonderful chapter! I just love reading chapters where my eyes are glued to the screen from beginning to end.

I'm loving how Damian and Vik's relationship is gradually growing and reading them interact is entertaining. And the ending of the chapter, fantastic! I wish I could have a visual of Damian's face, that would've been a hoot.

I can't wait for more!!

Cheers!

Thankfully the only sibling I have is a younger brother who is also my best friend. But then again, Damian never thought Becca would turn on him... haha

Wonderful chapter! I just love reading chapters where my eyes are glued to the screen from beginning to end.

I'm loving how Damian and Vik's relationship is gradually growing and reading them interact is entertaining. And the ending of the chapter, fantastic! I wish I could have a visual of Damian's face, that would've been a hoot.

I can't wait for more!!

Cheers!

LOL! I don't have any younger siblings, just older brothers. We've never been overly close, but even still, Becca is way over the top!

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! I'm so happy that the chapter was able to keep your attention and still keep you wanting more at the end. I am really enjoying writing this story and I always hope that in the end, my readers will feel the same way about it that I do!

The growth of Damian and Vik's relationship is gradual, as you and some other readers have pointed out. That was a conscious decision, I mean, how believable would it have been for Damian to just jump into his arms after everything he's been through. I mean, granted, Vik is the one who rescued him, but still. It's been fun so far writing about two "strong" characters and all I can tell you, is there interactions are going to continue to be entertaining.

So, other than wanting to see Damian's expression, was there any part of this chapter that you would have liked to be more drawn out? Just curious :).

Thanks so much for posting!!!

~Renee

LOL! I don't have any younger siblings, just older brothers. We've never been overly close, but even still, Becca is way over the top!

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! I'm so happy that the chapter was able to keep your attention and still keep you wanting more at the end. I am really enjoying writing this story and I always hope that in the end, my readers will feel the same way about it that I do!

The growth of Damian and Vik's relationship is gradual, as you and some other readers have pointed out. That was a conscious decision, I mean, how believable would it have been for Damian to just jump into his arms after everything he's been through. I mean, granted, Vik is the one who rescued him, but still. It's been fun so far writing about two "strong" characters and all I can tell you, is there interactions are going to continue to be entertaining.

So, other than wanting to see Damian's expression, was there any part of this chapter that you would have liked to be more drawn out? Just curious :).

Thanks so much for posting!!!

~Renee

No, I'm enjoying the way you're describing things in this story. I love how I can picture, for example, Vik maneuvering through the tunnel in the mountain towards the spring and then entering the chamber which hold a pool and Damien, just via your words.

Edited by california_miss

No, I'm enjoying the way you're describing things in this story. I love how I can picture, for example, Vik maneuvering through the tunnel in the mountain towards the spring and then entering the chamber which hold a pool and Damien, just via your words.

Woohoo!!! I was hoping I was painting a good enough picture!!!!

Damien bathing and Vik watching and lusting after him... hot image as well ;)

I loved the second chapter! And the evil sister, I still hate her, but as long as she is not 'there' I like her through Damien. Does that sound weird? Is it really gonna be irreversible? I'm thiking that she can be rescued by some HUGE sacrifice from Vik or Damien... Sorry :*) my imagination is just running around wild without it's usual leash.

One question: Next chappy, when?