Gay Dating & Race

I enjoy getting to know people of mixed races because they bring something different to the table, not just in looks but cultural background and understanding. However, from my experiences, some mixed race individuals, esp bi-racials, who I've met don't identify with each of their roots but rather it seemed to me that they chose the stronger of the two and identified with that completely. I know two individuals who are half Japanese and half Caucasian. One of them seems pretty rooted in both cultures and he speaks both languages while the other forgone her Japanese side completely. It's interesting.

I think people who are mixed, are really lucky because they get to experience even another culture, instead of just one. What do you think Arpeggio?

Lol, I guess so. I never knew my father that well, I'm just a typical white guy. XD

Edited by Arpeggio

Interesting topic. Especially since it's one that's always running through my brain due to my parental situation. My dad's partner is Caucasian and my dad is african american. This is the same man that was the division of my parents divorce. So, naturally my mother has differences about it and I hear it non stop all the time. "Ugh, if I see another black man with a white woman. Like, theres not enough black women for him to date." It gets pretty annoying because race should have nothing to do with who your dating. It just makes things more difficult if you ask me.

And, it's funny because I have a higher attraction to Caucasians then I do my own race but like I tell people I don't discriminate. I just like what I like but in my family, I'm the only one that's openly gay. And willing to date outside my race, it honestly could be because of my father but I don't think so.

To answer your question, for me I find it to be kind of like taboo or forbidden fruit. It's something different and not seen as traditional. But gays as a whole I think its because were open minded we've already gone against the social norm of being gay so why not take it further and date someone outside our race. I find it sexy! And don't get it twisted there may not be a lot of interracial couples marrying but there are alot of them out there. And it's steadily growing!

• Like 1

Mmmmmm, race/religion doesn't come into it. If I find a person interesting & sexy then that's the basis on which I'll sleep with them. I choose not to date at the moment, but that's another story. lol

I do have a type though, blond and cute. I can't help myself. I don't consciously go for that particular kinda guy, but EVERY long term boyfriend I've had fits that bill.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Interesting topic that you bring up Matt :2thumbs:

I was just at my locale Priape store (google it :P ) and I had the same thought. While I was there, there was 4 different couples among the single guys. All four were mixed couples. One black with asian, one white with asian, one hispanic (central american maybe) and a white guy, and a East Indian guy with a Asian guy.

The thoughts that I had immediately is what some have mentioned in that we are more accepting, we have less of a 'pool' to choose from, but one that maybe hasn't been mentioned, we are attracted to what we are not. Where I get this from is my own unscientific survey shows that a uncut man is attracted to a cut man and visa versa :D Not proof, but I do enjoy a penis that is different than mine :P

Anyways, I'm now so :off: will shut up now 0:)

Edited by wildone
  • Like 2

Not proof, but I do enjoy a penis that is different than mine :P

Anyways, I'm now so :off: will shut up now 0:)

Don't worry you're not the only one WO ;) Variety is the spice of life isn't it?

Lol, I guess so. I never knew my father that well, I'm just a typical white guy. XD

Your father the one who was the surgeon?