Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 77: Breaking Point

Gosh no more sunset wrestling.

Pity Trevor can't enjoy the body contact.... when this happens

perhaps shane likes the shivers me timbers

hey ... there goes Trevor telling Shane ... who his crush is??

or will trevor just stop having Share thoughts

Gosh no more sunset wrestling.

Pity Trevor can't enjoy the body contact.... when this happens

perhaps shane likes the shivers me timbers

hey ... there goes Trevor telling Shane ... who his crush is??

or will trevor just stop having Share thoughts

Why no more wrestling? :boy:

At least Trevor finally came out. :)

Good chapter - it's nice that Shane and Trevor can be closer to each other now that his being gay is out in the open. Pity that Shane's straight, but that was always likely. It seems that Shane seems to be pretty clued up about the possible after effects of Trevor's adventures - I wonder if the Flying Doctor Service does psychological counselling.

Oh, and another secret's out too. We now know that CJ's goat persona is just a ruse. The guy writing Trevor's story is a blond Australian hunk... :D

B)............Another fine chapter, very much a shame Shane is str8, oh well at least the outting was done, no matter how poorly Trevor did it! :lol: Something Shane wondered has me wondering.

'.....It had triggered a memory in Shane, one that was far from pleasant. He hoped he was wrong, but felt he had to find out, for Trevor’s sake.' and then;

'Shane’s eyes glazed over slightly as some memories from his past returned'..

I guess Shane will come clean to Trevor about his situation now, and maybe Trevor can relax around him.

I do hope Shane can help Trevor out of his panic attack, Shane must have dealt with this before and knows how serious it is.

• Site Moderator

'.....It had triggered a memory in Shane, one that was far from pleasant. He hoped he was wrong, but felt he had to find out, for Trevor’s sake.' and then;

I'm thinking something along the lines of perhaps while in school, that Shane was the victim of bullying to the point of being badly beaten.

Good chapter - it's nice that Shane and Trevor can be closer to each other now that his being gay is out in the open. Pity that Shane's straight, but that was always likely. It seems that Shane seems to be pretty clued up about the possible after effects of Trevor's adventures - I wonder if the Flying Doctor Service does psychological counselling.

Oh, and another secret's out too. We now know that CJ's goat persona is just a ruse. The guy writing Trevor's story is a blond Australian hunk... :D

Interesting writing anecdote here... The narrator cannot lie or be mistaken. Characters, however, are under no such limitation; they can lie, and they can be wrong. For example, the word "straight" appears two times in this chapter. The first is a reference in dialog by Trevor to Joel. Could Trevor be wrong? Yes, it's possible. However, if the narrator said it, then Joel would absolutely be straight.

The second (and last) appearance of "straight" in the chapter is in dialog by Shane. "Then in the grocery store, two hot girls walked right past you, but you were oblivious. No straight guy with a pulse would have been." Shane is giving an opinion. In this instance he's technically wrong, because even 100% gay guys are capable of noticing that a girl is hot, in the same way that a 100% straight guy is capable of noticing that a guy is hot. They can recognize them, just fine. It's also very possible for a person (regardless of orientation) to not be oblivious to a person who is unattractive by any criteria. Trevor may well have been oblivious (and what he's dealing with between the ears makes him decidedly moreso than normal).

One complication to the rule; if a charachter says something, and the narrator weighs in on it by saying

"The water is wet," Shane said, truthfully.

Then it is the absolute truth, with no room for doubt.

The narrator cannot lie, though they can misdirect. As Shane said, misdirection is a sneaky writer's trick.

B)............Another fine chapter, very much a shame Shane is str8, oh well at least the outting was done, no matter how poorly Trevor did it! :lol: Something Shane wondered has me wondering.

'Shane’s eyes glazed over slightly as some memories from his past returned'..

I guess Shane will come clean to Trevor about his situation now, and maybe Trevor can relax around him.

I do hope Shane can help Trevor out of his panic attack, Shane must have dealt with this before and knows how serious it is.

That lines you quoted are probably the most important one in this chapter.

Right now, Trevor is on the razor's edge of a total (and possibly permanent) breakdown. The combination of stresses (the trauma and nightmares, coming out, his insane deflation method, the worries about people still trying to kill him, etc) pushed him to the breaking point. Even if he gets past the panic attack, he'll be in a very vulnerable state for a while, where any major stress could break him forever. It's a good thing there's nothing going on in his life that could be in any way stressful. :ph34r:

Hrmmm, on an utterly unrelated note, we still don't know who it was that Sanchez called in Australia several chapters ago, do we? :ph34r:

Interesting writing anecdote here... The narrator cannot lie or be mistaken. Characters, however, are under no such limitation; they can lie, and they can be wrong.

OK, granted, but Shane says, "you like guys, I like girls" or words to that effect. Why would he lie about it at this juncture? I'm not saying it's impossible (of course it's possible) but it does seem odd.

Hrmmm, on an utterly unrelated note, we still don't know who it was that Sanchez called in Australia several chapters ago, do we? :ph34r:

And that's not a cliff hanger...?

I'm no expert on the cliffhanger thing, but boy that sure felt like a cliffhanger to me... :angry: Gawd, I agonize for Trevor over his panic attack or whatever it is. I've had panic attacks before and believe me, they can hurt! Mine felt like my chest was exploding. Great chapter CJ, and now things are out in the open...or are they? There seems to be some mysteries about Shane that have yet to be revealed, and I don't for a minute believe he's really straight...or maybe I just don't want to believe that!

We know that CJ would not dangle Shane in front of Trevor (figuratively) just to be mean, would he? :devil:

Great Chapter! Well, it looks like the teasing about the potential of the two boys getting together on the romantic Austrailian beach might be over,,,,, but does hope spring eternal, so can Trevor help Shane discover his true self?? Oh well...I really like the way you took us in such a dramaticly different direction with the emotional breakdown. You had foreshadowed it, but I had been caught up with the expectation of evil from Florida and the teasing fom Trevor/Shane..I hope Shane wasn't just playing it up for big tip, oy. Could a spell in an Austrailian Hospital foil the evil one's Florida plans?

Thanks for an excellent chapter in an amazing story.

gj

And that's not a cliff hanger...?

Of course it's not a cliffhanger... As we all know, I never, ever use cliffhangers. 0:)

As for Shane... we really don't know much about him at all, especially his backstory, or things that have happened to him. We will, starting in the next chapter. :)

I'm no expert on the cliffhanger thing, but boy that sure felt like a cliffhanger to me... :angry: Gawd, I agonize for Trevor over his panic attack or whatever it is. I've had panic attacks before and believe me, they can hurt! Mine felt like my chest was exploding. Great chapter CJ, and now things are out in the open...or are they? There seems to be some mysteries about Shane that have yet to be revealed, and I don't for a minute believe he's really straight...or maybe I just don't want to believe that!

We know that CJ would not dangle Shane in front of Trevor (figuratively) just to be mean, would he? :devil:

Nope, can't be a cliffhanger... I never, ever use those. 0:)

And of course I could never be mean to a character.. Have I ever been? 0:)

Great Chapter! Well, it looks like the teasing about the potential of the two boys getting together on the romantic Austrailian beach might be over,,,,, but does hope spring eternal, so can Trevor help Shane discover his true self?? Oh well...I really like the way you took us in such a dramaticly different direction with the emotional breakdown. You had foreshadowed it, but I had been caught up with the expectation of evil from Florida and the teasing fom Trevor/Shane..I hope Shane wasn't just playing it up for big tip, oy. Could a spell in an Austrailian Hospital foil the evil one's Florida plans?

Thanks for an excellent chapter in an amazing story.

gj

Well, at least we now know that Shane has known about Trevor all along... which is why he was doing things such as making the budgie-spotting remark, peeling off his shirt (after meeting with martin Blake ) when Trevor was being a wiseass and throwing it at him to shake him up a bit, etc.. and we also know that Shane decided not to tell Trevor the main way Shane knew so soon. :)

Sorry to hear you've han panic attacks... a friend of mine in college had them (I never saw them, but I was told) so I know they can be hell.

CJ :)

Well, at least we now know that Shane has known about Trevor all along... which is why he was doing things such as making the budgie-spotting remark, peeling off his shirt (after meeting with martin Blake ) when Trevor was being a wiseass and throwing it at him to shake him up a bit, etc.. and we also know that Shane decided not to tell Trevor the main way Shane knew so soon. :)

Sorry to hear you've had panic attacks... a friend of mine in college had them (I never saw them, but I was told) so I know they can be hell.

CJ :)

B).... It was a given that Shane 'knew' about Trevor, the mystery was that he turned out to be the str8 guy here. Question is in Shane's past, was he on his own because of actions by his parents, perhaps towards a younger or older brother that might have been gay? Could Shane see the panic attack coming on by reliving his family life with his siblings. The goat dropped hints, but they were mild ones at this, once Trevor recovers from his 'attack' Shane needs to come clean.

B).... It was a given that Shane 'knew' about Trevor, the mystery was that he turned out to be the str8 guy here. Question is in Shane's past, was he on his own because of actions by his parents, perhaps towards a younger or older brother that might have been gay? Could Shane see the panic attack coming on by reliving his family life with his siblings. The goat dropped hints, but they were mild ones at this, once Trevor recovers from his 'attack' Shane needs to come clean.

Interestingly, we find out a huge thing about Shane soon... very soon... in chapter 78 in fact, plus even more in 79.

I'd like to bring up something from a prior chapter I meant to talk about: Shane's "Night of the Mob" short story. He was quite pleased with himself, because though every word was true, it was not at all a reflection of the actual reality. Instead, as he said, it was misdirection, which Shane called a sneaky writer's trick. :boy:

Shane actually did pretty well with "Night of the Mob." It was all narration, and as I often say, the narrator cannot lie.

• Site Moderator

It was a given that Shane 'knew' about Trevor, the mystery was that he turned out to be the str8 guy here.

When you stop and think about it, Trev is playing the 'fall guy' to Shanes 'straight man' routine.

When you stop and think about it, Trev is playing the 'fall guy' to Shanes 'straight man' routine.

:lol:..... So true, never thought about that way! I re-read the 'mob' story but didn't glimmer a hint if Shane was being just truthful that he liked girls only or maybe he was also bi/gay. The goat feeds on carrots also!

Shane is certainly a master of the wind-up, as seen with the kangaroo setup. :)

:lol:..... So true, never thought about that way! I re-read the 'mob' story but didn't glimmer a hint if Shane was being just truthful that he liked girls only or maybe he was also bi/gay. The goat feeds on carrots also!

'Tis true, I like carrots. :)

• Site Administrator

Here we are on the eve of a Tuesday, and yet another horrible cliffhanger on our hands.....

What's the title to chapter 78? :sheep:

Here we are on the eve of a Tuesday, and yet another horrible cliffhanger on our hands.....

What's the title to chapter 78? :sheep:

Hey! :P

I thought I posted that.. I forgot, so no cliffhanger. :P

It's called "Dances with Madness".

Nothing dire there... maybe Trevor just meets a guy or girl at a dance, and their name is madness. 0:)

Hey! :P

I thought I posted that.. I forgot, so no cliffhanger. :P

It's called "Dances with Madness".

Nothing dire there... maybe Trevor just meets a guy or girl at a dance, and their name is madness. 0:)

B).........HUMMM, HOW DID I MISS THAT?

Edited by Benji

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..