Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 78: Dances with Madness

• Site Administrator

Wow, great chapter CJ. Thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

I'll have to admit it was a quick read but with everything that was said and revealed it was hard to even pause.

I think you have given us more clues in this chapter than you did from the Prologue to Chapter 78 :P

I guess things will heat up once again. Sanchez has contacts in Tasmania, so I'm sure he will have contacts in Perth. How long before you reveal Bridget and George overheard Joel in the guesthouse say Carnarvon? I so want to slap those two, but also realize that they would be absolutely devastated when they find out they have been the source of all the information for Trevor's killers :(

Let's hope that they build on the motive part of trying to figure out why, and connect Atlantis and Ares to Bridget.

Thanks again :)

Wow, great chapter CJ. Thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

I'll have to admit it was a quick read but with everything that was said and revealed it was hard to even pause.

I think you have given us more clues in this chapter than you did from the Prologue to Chapter 78 :P

I guess things will heat up once again. Sanchez has contacts in Tasmania, so I'm sure he will have contacts in Perth. How long before you reveal Bridget and George overheard Joel in the guesthouse say Carnarvon? I so want to slap those two, but also realize that they would be absolutely devastated when they find out they have been the source of all the information for Trevor's killers :(

Let's hope that they build on the motive part of trying to figure out why, and connect Atlantis and Ares to Bridget.

Thanks again :)

You're right; if Lisa and Joel find out that they are part of the two attempts (so far) on Trevor's life, it would be devastating for them. They both care for him very much, so... ouch. :(

On the other hand, they might never find that out; Bridget has plans for them too, after all.

Hrmm, what was that nagging thought Joel had at the end?

There's a lot of info here, from several plot threads. :)

Bad newsWell its a bad leak that bridget will know kooleberry and that she will locate it via the afs thingy

They don't need to know verbal location any more ... sanchez is coming for sure with this info

Good nees

the 2nd conv - was in the mall

so no wories about a diff kind of leak

the gonzales calls ... well that puts the heat on bridget so may be we might see here and george go into hiding

but at same time sanches puts the hit on trevor

I know it's a few hours early, but Dances with Madness is up. :)

Great chapter!! I'm liken' Shane more and more! I'm curious about what happened to him earlier on to have had those same panic attacks...I have a theory but it makes me shudder to think about it. I think it would have been better if Trevor's location hadn't popped up in the conversation with Joel...just the mention of Carnarvon is enough to start the enemy rolling to the attack...but I'm sure that is dramatic necessity and possibly a mild cliff hanger... <_< and after all we don't know if Bridget and co. will hear of it...but you just know she will! :evil:

• Site Moderator

Bad newsWell its a bad leak that bridget will know kooleberry and that she will locate it via the afs thingy

When it comes to the Kookabury, I don't think she will be able to get the AIS number to track it. However, she may be able to find out who owns it and where home port is.

Excellent! Trevor has a new super good friend in Shane.

I think Joel is wrong about Shane. He's not straight. We'll find out when he finally tells Trevor what caused his panic attacks.

Later in the conversation Joel said "He... he just hasn’t sounded himself sometimes, when we’ve talked on the phone since he got to Carnarvon..." and several times named Shane. If Bridget was listening she and George have all they need to send an assassin to kill Trevor and most likely Shane as well. It also means that there's even more reason to kill Joel and Lisa so they can't put two and two together and get Bridget as an answer. Just getting them arrested in a cocaine bust just isn't enough.

As if this isn't enough to worry Bridget, she now knows that Officer Gonzalez is more deeply involved.

Just my opinions, of course. :boy:

Colin B)

B)....................."I’m doing fine, Joel, except I’m not Trev. This is Shane. I live on Kookaburra – the boat Trev chartered. He’s not hurt or anything, but I need to talk to you.”

That is a piece of information Bridget and George didn't know about, they already knew Trevor was staying in Carnavon. What was it that had Joel concerned at the end, if he mentions that he suspects that the Atlantis is the real target in the guesthouse. Bridget and George may have to step up their plans, especially with the story about Trevor's ordeal about to be 'breaking news'. Although trespassing is breaking the law, will Henry sweep the guesthouse for bugs anyways?

A thought occurred to me is that Joel figures he is on to something because of the coincidence of both the Aries and the Atlantis were both targets of a bombing, this may resolve his thinking that the Atlantis may have something hidden on board. Joel knows Dirk would never set foot on a boat if he could avoid it, let alone spend hours installing a secret compartment. Even if he were to do so, why risk Trevor finding it someday? Joel has to be thinking about an unknown suspect, now Lisa and Joel need to find a common thread here.... Hummm! Both boats were purchased from Bridget's household and Arnold was murdered and an unsolved one at that.

Edited by Benji

I know it's a few hours early, but Dances with Madness is up. :)

Never feel you have to apologise for posting early... You can post the whole of the rest of the story right now if you want, as far as I'm concerned.

“We’ve got to go through with the meeting with Trev’s dad, I guess,” Joel said, his eyes glazing over for a moment as something clicked, and a vague thought began to nag at the back of his mind as they made their way to the food court.

I don't suppose there's any chance that that thought is about how everything they say in Bridget's guesthouse seems to get Trevor into trouble. I guess there isn't enough evidence to make that connection yet if you don't know everything we know.

I wonder if there's even enough evidence to make Henry and/or Gonzales think about checking the guest house for bugs. If they do, and presuming that they find one, they have to tell Lisa and Joel. Yes, they'll be devastated but, until the bug is found, information is just haemorrhaging to Bridget and George.

Since Joel has now (albeit unwittingly) told Bridget that Trevor is in Carnarvon, it should take Sanchez' man about 5 minutes to find Trevor. Not sure how CJ's going to get out of that. Maybe the psychiatrist in Carnarvon will refer him to Perth, or even Sydney for further treatment...? One can but hope. I don't know anything about psychiatry but it seems unlikely. Or maybe Trevor will decide to go down to Perth to look for his relatives. It's not New York, but the chances of hiding in Perth are vastly greater than those in Carnarvon. It doesn't help that that reporter is determined to do his bit in getting Trever killed.

Oh CJ, you leave us with even more questions, as usual. And yet you still maintain that you can sort it all out in less than 22 chapters.

Your so lucky you pick a good name ... you realize the real Atlantis last voyage is on July 8th

Perhaps - this would make a good epilogue?? after the 2005-2006 ordeal

Little Shane and Little Trev running around with Little Lisa's and Little Joel's

Ah Ha...I don't believe they know the name of the boat. Joel did let slip the name Carnavon however if memory serves in at least one other previous chapter I believe it was mentioned that Bridget and George can only hear the guest house side of the conversation. Since Joel never said the name of the boat I don't believe that Bridget or George will know her name. Actually at this point I'm rooting for the reporters. Since Joel has now informed the killers where Trevor is I believe Trevor will run if the story breaks. So go you evil bastage reporters go.

Ah Ha...I don't believe they know the name of the boat. Joel did let slip the name Carnavon however if memory serves in at least one other previous chapter I believe it was mentioned that Bridget and George can only hear the guest house side of the conversation. Since Joel never said the name of the boat I don't believe that Bridget or George will know her name. Actually at this point I'm rooting for the reporters. Since Joel has now informed the killers where Trevor is I believe Trevor will run if the story breaks. So go you evil bastage reporters go.

B).......... Actually, Shane told Joel the name of the boat when he called him on the satellite phone, and yes it was in the guesthouse! After the phone call;

Lisa sat down on the guesthouse sofa and waited until Joel joined her. “I’d be fine, I’m just worried"

Edited by Benji
  • Site Moderator

The bug is in the guest house. If there is a bug on the phone it would be the landline phone so she would only hear one side of the call on a cellphone and then any conversation after the call.

We also know that Joel has mentioned Tasmania as where Trev is.

B).......... Actually, Shane told Joel the name of the boat when he called him on the satellite phone, and yes it was in the guesthouse! After the phone call;

Lisa sat down on the guesthouse sofa and waited until Joel joined her. “I’d be fine, I’m just worried"

True but Joel never said the name of the boat out loud which means unless they were using the land line Bridget didn't hear that part. Shane may have said it, but Joel did not.

True but Joel never said the name of the boat out loud which means unless they were using the land line Bridget didn't hear that part. Shane may have said it, but Joel did not.

B).........Opps! Right, I was thinking that Shane hit redial to Bridget's guest house phone, they (Joel and Lisa) had used it before in conversing with Trevor. Not sure I want to re-read 8 chapters to see if I was right about that. :lmao:

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

B).................As I recall both the phones and guesthouse were bugged by George, why would you only bug one-sided conversations on a phone?

I believe it's the guesthouse phone that's bugged. They wouldn't (couldn't?) have bugged Joel's cellphone, which is what Trevor would have called.
  • Site Administrator

I agree Graeme, I was just about to say the same thing.

Also if Bridget was going to bug their cell phones I think the narrator would HAVE to tell us :)

They don't need to know verbal location any more ... sanchez is coming for sure with this info

Good nees

the 2nd conv - was in the mall

so no wories about a diff kind of leak

the gonzales calls ... well that puts the heat on bridget so may be we might see here and george go into hiding

but at same time sanches puts the hit on trevor

It's a good thing Trevor isn't in a condition where additional stress could be devastating... oh wait, he is... :)

When it comes to the Kookabury, I don't think she will be able to get the AIS number to track it. However, she may be able to find out who owns it and where home port is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble spelling the boat's name. :P

Excellent! Trevor has a new super good friend in Shane.

I think Joel is wrong about Shane. He's not straight. We'll find out when he finally tells Trevor what caused his panic attacks.

Later in the conversation Joel said "He... he just hasn’t sounded himself sometimes, when we’ve talked on the phone since he got to Carnarvon..." and several times named Shane. If Bridget was listening she and George have all they need to send an assassin to kill Trevor and most likely Shane as well. It also means that there's even more reason to kill Joel and Lisa so they can't put two and two together and get Bridget as an answer. Just getting them arrested in a cocaine bust just isn't enough.

As if this isn't enough to worry Bridget, she now knows that Officer Gonzalez is more deeply involved.

Just my opinions, of course. :boy:

Colin B)

Yep... There are issues there, and hearing Joel's side of the convo (all that Bridget can hear) would be illuminating. :)

B)....................."I’m doing fine, Joel, except I’m not Trev. This is Shane. I live on Kookaburra – the boat Trev chartered. He’s not hurt or anything, but I need to talk to you.”

That is a piece of information Bridget and George didn't know about, they already knew Trevor was staying in Carnavon. What was it that had Joel concerned at the end, if he mentions that he suspects that the Atlantis is the real target in the guesthouse. Bridget and George may have to step up their plans, especially with the story about Trevor's ordeal about to be 'breaking news'. Although trespassing is breaking the law, will Henry sweep the guesthouse for bugs anyways?

A thought occurred to me is that Joel figures he is on to something because of the coincidence of both the Aries and the Atlantis were both targets of a bombing, this may resolve his thinking that the Atlantis may have something hidden on board. Joel knows Dirk would never set foot on a boat if he could avoid it, let alone spend hours installing a secret compartment. Even if he were to do so, why risk Trevor finding it someday? Joel has to be thinking about an unknown suspect, now Lisa and Joel need to find a common thread here.... Hummm! Both boats were purchased from Bridget's household and Arnold was murdered and an unsolved one at that.

Lisa and Joel are in more of a fix than they know. Either they continue unawares, or if Joel should decide Bridget is a suspect, and broaches the idea to Lisa in the guesthouse, it could be... somewhat unhealthy. :)

Never feel you have to apologise for posting early... You can post the whole of the rest of the story right now if you want, as far as I'm concerned.

“We’ve got to go through with the meeting with Trev’s dad, I guess,” Joel said, his eyes glazing over for a moment as something clicked, and a vague thought began to nag at the back of his mind as they made their way to the food court.

I don't suppose there's any chance that that thought is about how everything they say in Bridget's guesthouse seems to get Trevor into trouble. I guess there isn't enough evidence to make that connection yet if you don't know everything we know.

I wonder if there's even enough evidence to make Henry and/or Gonzales think about checking the guest house for bugs. If they do, and presuming that they find one, they have to tell Lisa and Joel. Yes, they'll be devastated but, until the bug is found, information is just haemorrhaging to Bridget and George.

Since Joel has now (albeit unwittingly) told Bridget that Trevor is in Carnarvon, it should take Sanchez' man about 5 minutes to find Trevor. Not sure how CJ's going to get out of that. Maybe the psychiatrist in Carnarvon will refer him to Perth, or even Sydney for further treatment...? One can but hope. I don't know anything about psychiatry but it seems unlikely. Or maybe Trevor will decide to go down to Perth to look for his relatives. It's not New York, but the chances of hiding in Perth are vastly greater than those in Carnarvon. It doesn't help that that reporter is determined to do his bit in getting Trever killed.

Oh CJ, you leave us with even more questions, as usual. And yet you still maintain that you can sort it all out in less than 22 chapters.

Trevor does indeed face more challenges than he knows...

Finding Trevor in Carnarvon would not be hard, given a little time, unless they find out the name of the boat. If they ever get that, finding him would be child's play. Good thing there isn't a reporter snooping around too... oh, well, okay, there is.. :)

Bingo. Unless they are called on Bridget's line (as Trevor sometimes did.) but in this case, it was to Joel's cell.

I agree Graeme, I was just about to say the same thing.

Also if Bridget was going to bug their cell phones I think the narrator would HAVE to tell us :)

Yep, Graeme is right; unless the call comes in on Bridget's line, the bugs can hear only what is said in the guesthouse, not the caller's words. So, anything Shane said is probably okay. So, as of the end of the call, the name of Kookaburra is safe. :)

And... before I forget again, the name of the coming chapter is "Getting Closer" :)

Bingo. Unless they are called on Bridget's line (as Trevor sometimes did.) but in this case, it was to Joel's cell.

Yep, Graeme is right; unless the call comes in on Bridget's line, the bugs can hear only what is said in the guesthouse, not the caller's words. So, anything Shane said is probably okay. So, as of the end of the call, the name of Kookaburra is safe. :)

And... before I forget again, the name of the coming chapter is "Getting Closer" :)

thanks for the clarifcation but ... there is a bug in the room for talking ... because one scene had lisa and joel talking and bridget playing back a conversation

forgot what chapter

thanks for the clarifcation but ... there is a bug in the room for talking ... because one scene had lisa and joel talking and bridget playing back a conversation

forgot what chapter

Sometimes in past chapters they would talk on Bridget's line, which meant Bridget could hear both sides of the conversation. But, when Shane called Joel's cell, the call went to his cell and not through Bridget's line, so the bugs in the room were able to hear only the words spoken in the room, not Shane's words. :)

Sometimes in past chapters they would talk on Bridget's line, which meant Bridget could hear both sides of the conversation. But, when Shane called Joel's cell, the call went to his cell and not through Bridget's line, so the bugs in the room were able to hear only the words spoken in the room, not Shane's words. :)

B)............... Got it, I was made the assumption that Trevor's last call was to the land line at Bridget's guesthouse, I screwed up there on that. I guess what got me going was George finding out the town in Australia that Trevor landed in a few chapters back.

I feel like I will soon be 'getting closer' to Shane :)

B)............. Remember we have a wily goat here, could mean Shane and Trevor get closer, or Rodriquez getting closer to solving his case, or (the list grows long, with Frank, Dirk, Jim and Lisa and Joel. However can't leave Bridget and George out of the loop).

Edited by Benji

I'm rather fond of chapter titles that apply to more than one of the storylines. ^_^

Hrmm, I have to be up very early tomorrow, so staying up to post the chapter at midnight isn't an option tonight... I'm afraid I'll have to post it early. My apologies to those who were enjoying the wait, but it'll be up in a few minutes. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..