Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 91: Getting Warmer

• Site Administrator

Nope, nothing amiss that I saw :D

I am just going to say that I'm glad I finally guessed something correct. And thanks for another great chapter :great:

The frustrating thing is everything seems to be coming together quickly. You considering daily posting of chapters? :P

"Kline smiled ... I’d be willing to help out, if you’d like to interview someone who’s had a long sit-down interview with Trevor Carlson, and been on both the boat he came here on and the one’s he’s on now ... The presence of TV vans in Carnarvon was not lost on Basingstoke, who had been prompted by it to do a quick news search"

Looks like Kline's life insurance will soon be paying out :)

"Getting Warmer" is up. :)

I barely got this chapter up; my internet connection is highly intermittent, due to the huge thunderstorm here. I had to make three tries. If anything is amiss, please let me know.

CJ :)

B)................. Yeah, I saw one! How did Gonzales get into the Chandlery ahead of Henry??

BTW, there is so much information in this chapter, I need to go over a few more times before sharing my many thoughts!

Great Chapter CJ, the only thing missing was your usual cliffhanger!! 0:)

Edited by Benji

B)................. Yeah, I saw one! How did Gonzales get into the Chandlery ahead of Henry??

BTW, there is so much information in this chapter, I need to go over a few more times before sharing my many thoughts!

Hi Benji,

You are 100% correct. It is a great chapter and I agree completely with your cliffhanger observation

Marty

Nope, nothing amiss that I saw :D

I am just going to say that I'm glad I finally guessed something correct. And thanks for another great chapter :great:

The frustrating thing is everything seems to be coming together quickly. You considering daily posting of chapters? :P

You've figured out a lot of things in the past, so if you're right, no surprise here. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

I wish I could do daily postings! I do feel this thing would read better with less time between chapters, but alas, not possible. I'm a slow typist (keyboards aren't designed for hooves). :)

Looks like Kline's life insurance will soon be paying out :)

Not necessarily; If Basingstoke finds Kookaburra soon, he'd have no need of Kline, so no worries. :)

Gonzalez has access because the chandlery was considered a crime scene at one point. Or, Henry gave him a key.

The thing is, they were initially very cautious about their meetings. That's changed a bit, though. :)

What cliffhangers?! There never are any!!! :P

Hi Benji,

You are 100% correct. It is a great chapter and I agree completely with your cliffhanger observation

Marty

I'm glad that you at least agree there's no cliffhanger! It saves me from having to say again "One measly hitman does not a cliffhanger make!" :)

Gonzalez has access because the chandlery was considered a crime scene at one point. Or, Henry gave him a key.

The thing is, they were initially very cautious about their meetings. That's changed a bit, though. :)

What cliffhangers?! There never are any!!! :P

I'm glad that you at least agree there's no cliffhanger! It saves me from having to say again "One measly hitman does not a cliffhanger make!" :)

B).............. Come one goat! Gonzales met Henry every time at the Chandliry, he let him in. NEVER was it considered to be a crime scene, no tape around the building, and who let Joel and Lisa in? I'd find it hard to believe Henry would give Gonzale's a key to the place considering he is working for his clients best interest. You mentioned earlier that Henry had some sort of 'power of attorney' into the shop, that said makes it simple to believe that Gonzales has no access, unless he has a warrant, and the only one he has that I know of is for the arrest of Dirk, and maybe Jim.

Edited by Benji

Chris James claims he can't type fast because of his hooves!??? Hasn't everyone heard of dragon naturally speaking voice recognition software?

I am told that you train it and it can even be trained for people with high-pitched whinnies or low pitched moos or even baleful baas. Of course, I too would like to see faster posts!

We know Sanchez wants Trev's head. I don't think I saw any hint of Mr. B being told to take out his boat so I think the elaborate watch on it may be some misdirection on the part of our devious author. The forum speculation on Trev's mom is also interesting but at this point fairly academic. I think the bigger shock will be when or if Trev finds out his dad is gay. That will truly be a hit on all his assumptions about dad. Further, with George under the watchful eye of Gonzo and sometimes Henry, will the planned drug plant on Lisa and Joel even work--I hope not! I'd like to see some of their evil plans start to backfire and blow back in their face. Sanchez is beyond evil too and it would be nice to see his empire crumble with him caught and brought to justice. Being a firm believer in what goes around comes around, I think payback is justly deserved.

B).............. Come one goat! Gonzales met Henry every time at the Chandliry, he let him in. NEVER was it considered to be a crime scene, no tape around the building, and who let Joel and Lisa in? I'd find it hard to believe Henry would give Gonzale's a key to the place considering he is working for his clients best interest. You mentioned earlier that Henry had some sort of 'power of attorney' into the shop, that said makes it simple to believe that Gonzales has no access, unless he has a warrant, and the only one he has that I know of is for the arrest of Dirk, and maybe Jim.

Hrmmm... Well, Henry's first trip to the chandlery (when he foxed the security cam) certainly drew quite police response. :) And erk, it says in chapter 55, hellbound, that it was NOT marked as a crime scene. Gonzalez had clearly been inside the chandlery at some point before meeting Henry, so it had been treated as a crime scene and thus he had to have some way in at leas once, but no mention of it since. And, uhoh, in 66, where Gonzalez thinks Trevor is dead and needs a place to meet with Lisa and Joel, he ASKS Henry to let him into the Chandlery. I'll add a mention in this chapter that Henry had given Gonzalez a key. He'd do so, because it's in his client's interests, so far as he has been told. (they do want Gonzalez's help and cooperation).

Thanks!!!!

EDIT: The chapter now begins;

It was a clear, cool morning in Ft. Pierce, as Gonzalez wore a path pacing down the aisle of the chandlery, waiting for Henry to arrive. He glanced around, seeing that the store was beginning to look a bit dusty, with a few cobwebs spun not far from the door. It was the first time he'd been in the chandlery alone - Henry had only recently given him a key, to facilitate their common goals.

Gonzalez angled his head, wondering who was paying the rent, and how. He knew it wasn’t Dirk or Jim, not via their known accounts. He assumed that a landlord would not let the store sit idle for so long, if the rent was unpaid.

Chris James claims he can't type fast because of his hooves!??? Hasn't everyone heard of dragon naturally speaking voice recognition software?

I am told that you train it and it can even be trained for people with high-pitched whinnies or low pitched moos or even baleful baas. Of course, I too would like to see faster posts!

We know Sanchez wants Trev's head. I don't think I saw any hint of Mr. B being told to take out his boat so I think the elaborate watch on it may be some misdirection on the part of our devious author. The forum speculation on Trev's mom is also interesting but at this point fairly academic. I think the bigger shock will be when or if Trev finds out his dad is gay. That will truly be a hit on all his assumptions about dad. Further, with George under the watchful eye of Gonzo and sometimes Henry, will the planned drug plant on Lisa and Joel even work--I hope not! I'd like to see some of their evil plans start to backfire and blow back in their face. Sanchez is beyond evil too and it would be nice to see his empire crumble with him caught and brought to justice. Being a firm believer in what goes around comes around, I think payback is justly deserved.

I've tried Dragon... it's great, but not for me. I have a weird way of writing. I draft out a sentence, then rework it. It's very stop-and-go. Using Dragon, I end up with a mess.

Also, Dragon is supposed to work in most languages, but it doesn't do very well with goat. 0:)

Hrmmm... Well, Henry's first trip to the chandlery (when he foxed the security cam) certainly drew quite police response. :) And erk, it says in chapter 55, hellbound, that it was NOT marked as a crime scene. Gonzalez had clearly been inside the chandlery at some point before meeting Henry, so it had been treated as a crime scene and thus he had to have some way in at leas once, but no mention of it since. And, uhoh, in 66, where Gonzalez thinks Trevor is dead and needs a place to meet with Lisa and Joel, he ASKS Henry to let him into the Chandlery. I'll add a mention in this chapter that Henry had given Gonzalez a key. He'd do so, because it's in his client's interests, so far as he has been told. (they do want Gonzalez's help and cooperation).

Thanks!!!!

EDIT: The chapter now begins;

It was a clear, cool morning in Ft. Pierce, as Gonzalez wore a path pacing down the aisle of the chandlery, waiting for Henry to arrive. He glanced around, seeing that the store was beginning to look a bit dusty, with a few cobwebs spun not far from the door. It was the first time he'd been in the chandlery alone - Henry had only recently given him a key, to facilitate their common goals.

Gonzalez angled his head, wondering who was paying the rent, and how. He knew it wasn’t Dirk or Jim, not via their known accounts. He assumed that a landlord would not let the store sit idle for so long, if the rent was unpaid.

Hi Benji and CHJ

Back in the profile, there is a mention that the Carlson's were doing well financially. Is it not probable, a successful business, owned the property they were doing business out of.

Just my thoughts,

Marty

• Site Administrator

Daddydavek tweeked something in my memory :wacko:.

Gonzales and Henry are now convinced that Bridget and George are behind a lot of the mischief going on. They need the one final item to go to the State Attorney and have both of them investigated.

I have a feeling that with George's snooping on the open computer terminal is enough to keep them in the spotlight. Now if I can figure out how they will know that George and Bridget are about to plant drugs on Joel and Lisa that can be traced back to them everything will fall into place. I'm sure Joel and Lisa's attitude will change in helping the Police and Jim when they realize they are being framed by B&G. Even if not caught leaving the States, Gonzales I imagine has a friend in a high place with the Australia Customs Service whom I would assume would be the ones detaining them on the Australian side ;)

Should be all smooth sailing ahead :)

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator

Sorry for double posting but amazing what Google will show you :o

Turns out our goat is moonlighting. AND....moonlighting as a Typing Tutor.

So there goes his whole theory that goats can't type, heck they are teaching typing to kids :D

Just maybe lose the accent CJ :P

Daddydavek tweeked something in my memory :wacko:.

Gonzales and Henry are now convinced that Bridget and George are behind a lot of the mischief going on. They need the one final item to go to the State Attorney and have both of them investigated.

I have a feeling that with George's snooping on the open computer terminal is enough to keep them in the spotlight. Now if I can figure out how they will know that George and Bridget are about to plant drugs on Joel and Lisa that can be traced back to them everything will fall into place. I'm sure Joel and Lisa's attitude will change in helping the Police and Jim when they realize they are being framed by B&G. Even if not caught leaving the States, Gonzales I imagine has a friend in a high place with the Australia Customs Service whom I would assume would be the ones detaining them on the Australian side ;)

Should be all smooth sailing ahead :)

Hi wildone,

To the best of my recollection; knowledge, understanding and belief, I have not, in this Forum, done, what I am about to do.

I am going to post a WAG. (Wild Ass Guess)

My WAG is: George, Bridget's Paramour, is also referred to, at times, as Bridget's Brother.

Edited by MartyS

Could someone remind me of the "official" reason why Bridget and George originally set out to have Trevor killed? I'm happy to be pointed at the relevant chapter if that's easier.

It's just that it now seems as if they want to kill him just for the sake of it - Sanchez is embarrassed that he hasn't succeeded so far. I presume there was some kind of justification originally but I can't remember what it was and can't immediately put my finger on the correct chapter.

Thanks,

LF

Could someone remind me of the "official" reason why Bridget and George originally set out to have Trevor killed? I'm happy to be pointed at the relevant chapter if that's easier.

It's just that it now seems as if they want to kill him just for the sake of it - Sanchez is embarrassed that he hasn't succeeded so far. I presume there was some kind of justification originally but I can't remember what it was and can't immediately put my finger on the correct chapter.

Thanks,

LF

It's because Trevor is determined to come back to Florida and look for the wreckage of his mom's boat. They know he won't leave it alone.

Hi wildone,

To the best of my recollection; knowledge, understanding and belief, I have not, in this Forum, done, what I am about to do.

My WAG is: George, Bridget's Paramour, is also referred to, at times, as Bridget's Brother.

Another interesting speculation. I'm not sure that George would like to be AKA the big bitch's brother but in order to have his name as joint owner of some of her business interests, it would be a cover. Making lots of money on drugs, it needs to be invested into something legit in order to finance Bridget's ongoing lifestyle.

Another interesting speculation. I'm not sure that George would like to be AKA the big bitch's brother but in order to have his name as joint owner of some of her business interests, it would be a cover. Making lots of money on drugs, it needs to be invested into something legit in order to finance Bridget's ongoing lifestyle.

Hi Daddydavek

First I would like to address this portion of your post.

Another interesting speculation. I'm not sure that George would like to be AKA the big bitch's brother

My response to that is easy. George is and has been shacking up with that witch for a long time. IMHO, being referred to as her brother is small potatoes, compared to that. Just my thoughts.

Now, why did I stick my neck out and post this speculation?

I didn’t stick my neck out, IMHO.!

All predictions posted by Benji and myself, primarily in the Brain Storming thread, are the result of our collaborations. We did our best to follow the basic concept of Brainstorming. Never criticize the beliefs of another participant. Never attempt to change their mind. Use the ideas of others to develop or modify your conclusions. Agree to disagree.

Our July 4th Summery was posted approximately 14 hours before Chapter 82 was published. It went far beyond the events, which took place during the latter part of May 1997. We attempted to address a period of time starting well before the May 1997 scenario. We extended our, “Post Disappearance,” considerations to include our predictions as to what actually took place, after Rachel sailed from Nassau on May 27th, 1997. The basic core of our deductions is simple. The Ares did not sink. Rachel did not die. The Ares and Atlantis were swapped. IMHO, I believe the majority of the people who are reading Circumnavigation agree with us on that. I would be very surprised, NO, make that shocked, if every deduction reached And posted by Benji and myself, matched point by point, with the final revelations. It is impossible for that to occur. The two of us do not agree on every point.

The reasons I posted, The WAG, regarding the possibility of George Arnold having an alternate identity as Bridget’s brother are found both in the storyline and in real life.

The CJ has posted in The Forum; he did not expect the story to exceed one hundred chapters. I will be very surprised if that prediction survives him posting the final chapter. If it does, my prediction is; there will be some humongous chapters posted. First you have to consider the number of sentences and paragraphs required, to explain everything, which has been concealed, so far in the storyline.

Next, there is quite a bit of ongoing activity, which must be resolved. The Hitman and his quest to fulfill his contract. Dirk and Jim’s hiding out and the scheduled interview with Sergeant Gonzalez. Then factor in whatever happens when the Sergeant learns what really happened. The game of Hide and Go Seek involving the cast located in Australia. The escapades of Joel and Lisa, both traveling and possibly transporting drugs. There are lots and lots of activities to relate to us.

Why did I post my guess? It is simple, maybe.

All of a sudden an individual, who so far in the storyline, has only been referred to briefly, is probably becoming an important character. We know very little about him. In Chapter 91 Sergeant Gonzalez admits to, not even knowing is name.

Think about what we know about George Arnold. We know he is actively engaged in smuggling narcotics. He is no doubt receiving large amounts of money to do so. Sergeant Gonzalez has determined, there is no suspicious financial records available to warrant an investigation.

My gut feeling is, the CJ is not likely to introduce a new major player this late into the story. Besides, Bridget and George have some nasty habits and have made plans to create all kind of problems for three of the Good Guys. The two of them need to be dealt with expeditiously and totally eliminated from the storyline. One simple way would be for the Sergeant to find out, George was living two lives.

With almost no information available to make a deduction, and knowing CJ has to resolve the problem created by the nefarious activities of the Dastardly Duo, I figured I would create the WAG and learn how good a Guesser I am.

• Site Administrator

Sorry Marty, I am going have to say I have dismissed your WAG. Even if it goes against the idea of brainstorming :P

Let's review what we know.

Bridget is Bridget Bellvue, the window of her deceased husband Arnold Belvue.

George is George Alfred. A senior detective in the Police Department.

You could say that George is Bridget's brother, as that is what I'm taking you as saying, but here is the initial timeline of George being introduce to us:

Chapter 20 Gonzales and George meet to talk about how Gonzales' investigation is going.

Chapter 27 George and an unknown male pull up in the SeaWitch after a smuggling operation. George comes into the kitchen but the other male isn't mentioned again. Bridget 'kisses' him on his departure.

Chapter 30 Bridget kisses him again.

Okay so you might be saying well there is no mention of what kind of kiss it was. Was it a brotherly kiss, was it a friendly kiss, was it a two lip locked tonsil massaging kiss?

Chapter 31 Bridget and George take the SeaWitch to the Bahamas to meet with Sanchez (the first time we meet him) at the Atlantis hotel to arrange for the first attempt to kill Trevor while in the Suez Canal.

Chapter 32 Bridget and George finish up their meeting with Sanchez. Then this comment is made:

After the meeting, Bridget and George checked into the resort, and as soon as they were alone, George arched an enquiring eyebrow as he asked, “What’s our timeline like? I can get the alarm bypass codes via the department and do the job at the chandlery on any night, no problem, but when do we need to do it by? Maybe we should head back?”

Bridget shook her head. “No need, we have time. Trevor is dropping Joel off in Cyprus in just under two weeks, and it will take him a few days to get to the Suez from there. We won’t be shipping anything illegal, so it could go Federal Express or similar, if need be. We have time, so let’s enjoy ourselves while we’re here.”

George stood at Bridget’s side, and with a formal flourish, presented his crooked elbow, “Then, my love, will you do the honor of accompanying me to lunch?”

“Of course, George, I’d be delighted,” Bridget replied, linking her arm with that of her longtime lover’s.

Okay, that is where I disagree with you. Bridget and George are longtime lover's. The narrator cannot lie :) . This means the previous kisses that could be debated are obviously made in affection, not a family greeting.

You could go and say that they are a sexually involved brother and sister, but sorry, that is just too Deliverance for me. I don't think CJ would have a sexual relationship between a brother and sister.

So there is why I don't think that George is Bridget's oft not mentioned brother. I would be more inclined to believe that the other man in chapter 27 may have been, or the boat marina owner possibly?

Just my thoughts :)

Sorry Marty, I am going have to say I have dismissed your WAG. Even if it goes against the idea of brainstorming :P

Let's review what we know.

Bridget is Bridget Bellvue, the window of her deceased husband Arnold Belvue.

George is George Alfred. A senior detective in the Police Department.

You could say that George is Bridget's brother, as that is what I'm taking you as saying, but here is the initial timeline of George being introduce to us:

Chapter 20 Gonzales and George meet to talk about how Gonzales' investigation is going.

Chapter 27 George and an unknown male pull up in the SeaWitch after a smuggling operation. George comes into the kitchen but the other male isn't mentioned again. Bridget 'kisses' him on his departure.

Chapter 30 Bridget kisses him again.

Okay so you might be saying well there is no mention of what kind of kiss it was. Was it a brotherly kiss, was it a friendly kiss, was it a two lip locked tonsil massaging kiss?

Chapter 31 Bridget and George take the SeaWitch to the Bahamas to meet with Sanchez (the first time we meet him) at the Atlantis hotel to arrange for the first attempt to kill Trevor while in the Suez Canal.

Chapter 32 Bridget and George finish up their meeting with Sanchez. Then this comment is made:

Okay, that is where I disagree with you. Bridget and George are longtime lover's. The narrator cannot lie :) . This means the previous kisses that could be debated are obviously made in affection, not a family greeting.

You could go and say that they are a sexually involved brother and sister, but sorry, that is just too Deliverance for me. I don't think CJ would have a sexual relationship between a brother and sister.

So there is why I don't think that George is Bridget's oft not mentioned brother. I would be more inclined to believe that the other man in chapter 27 may have been, or the boat marina owner possibly?

Just my thoughts :)

B)................ Yep, I agree with your assessment here. Arnold and Bridget are not related, I think the fact that Gonzales could not find Bridget's 'supposed' brothers name is a red herring that there is not one at all. It is a lie that will catch up to Bridget, as she told Lisa about it. The webs Bridget wove are going to come tumbling down and ........ very soon.

Whoa!!!! Stop the horses!!!!

Let me challenge the first misconception. This was a WAG. Not part of any Brainstorming agreement. I am solely responsible for this.

I would appreciate it if someone, anyone, would COPY AND PASTE where I stated, or even implied that, George Arnold was Bridget Bellevue's brother.

I stand corrected on my use of George's Last Name. Please substitute George Alfred wherever I used George Arnold, in any posts referring to my WAG

Thank you,

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Sometimes I wonder………

We are reaching the point that CHJ, has to let slip some clues. I have been waiting for any comments regarding one disclosure that appeared in Chapter 91. Alas I have waited in vain.

It should be well known that I believe Rachel and Dirk joined in a Criminal Conspiracy to allow Rachel to disappear by apparently having the Ares sink.

Because of the fact that Dirk was involved in this and another Criminal Conspiracy, he is unable to discuss any matters involved in either conspiracy, until the Statutes of Limitations expire on all crimes committed while carrying out either of them. Except…..

Dirk could discuss them with his attorney. He used this exception to tell Jim Armstrong. Also in Chapter 54 There is a meeting held. Present was Frank Tittle who is Dirk’s attorney handling the Murder and Attempted Murder charges filed against him. Frank is also representing Jim Armstrong who has also been indicted for the Attempted Murder charge. Most important to this posting is the fact that Henry Wesson, a Private Investigator, hired by Frank was present. He heard everything Dirk told Frank Tittle about he disappearance of the Ares. The majority of what was disclosed by Dirk did not appear. This was necessary to keep secret the basic mystery outlined in the Prologue.

Keeping that in mind let me point out an interesting statement made by Henry to Sergeant Gonzalez in Chapter 91.

I do have reason to believe that Bridget and George had nothing to do with the destruction of Ares or Rachel’s death.

The only reason that Henry Wesson, could make that statement to Sergeant Gonzalez, and not lie, is because he KNOWS the Ares didn’t sink and Rachel didn’t die.

There are other statements by Henry I am not going to bring to your attention. If you want to do some armchair detecting, look up and print my posting of July 4th and look it over. Who knows, it might help you. From time to time I may point out other tid-bits.

Sometimes I wonder………

We are reaching the point that CHJ, has to let slip some clues. I have been waiting for any comments regarding one disclosure that appeared in Chapter 91. Alas I have waited in vain.

It should be well known that I believe Rachel and Dirk joined in a Criminal Conspiracy to allow Rachel to disappear by apparently having the Ares sink.

Because of the fact that Dirk was involved in this and another Criminal Conspiracy, he is unable to discuss any matters involved in either conspiracy, until the Statutes of Limitations expire on all crimes committed while carrying out either of them. Except…..

Dirk could discuss them with his attorney. He used this exception to tell Jim Armstrong. Also in Chapter 54 There is a meeting held. Present was Frank Tittle who is Dirk’s attorney handling the Murder and Attempted Murder charges filed against him. Frank is also representing Jim Armstrong who has also been indicted for the Attempted Murder charge. Most important to this posting is the fact that Henry Wesson, a Private Investigator, hired by Frank was present. He heard everything Dirk told Frank Tittle about he disappearance of the Ares. The majority of what was disclosed by Dirk did not appear. This was necessary to keep secret the basic mystery outlined in the Prologue.

Keeping that in mind let me point out an interesting statement made by Henry to Sergeant Gonzalez in Chapter 91.

The only reason that Henry Wesson, could make that statement to Sergeant Gonzalez, and not lie, is because he KNOWS the Ares didn’t sink and Rachel didn’t die.

There are other statements by Henry I am not going to bring to your attention. If you want to do some armchair detecting, look up and print my posting of July 4th and look it over. Who knows, it might help you. From time to time I may point out other tid-bits.

B).........I replied in Brainstorming section.

• Site Administrator

Hi wildone,

Sorry Marty, I must have misunderstood that last line. I thought you were saying George is being referred to as Bridget's Brother

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..