[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents' delay

I know it's been forever since I've posted a new chapter of Crosscurrents. Toward the beginning of the summer we were having our house remodeled on the inside and my computer was under a tarp. After that, my computer broke and was in the shop for two weeks. In between all that, it's been a brutal summer at times on other fronts, and I haven't felt like writing.

There are about three more chapters to go, and I'm determined to finish the story by the end of the year. I'm committing myself to sitting down with it daily until it's done.

Come January 2012 I'll be ready and excited to start some of the other stories that I've been anxious to get to if I could ever get CC finished.

Look for a new chapter of CC by the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I know it's been forever since I've posted a new chapter of Crosscurrents.

There are about three more chapters to go, and I'm determined to finish the story by the end of the year. I'm committing myself to sitting down with it daily until it's done.

Posted Image

waiting for something to Posted Image

patience is not my strong suit.

Posted Image

waiting for something to Posted Image

patience is not my strong suit.

Yeah, yeah...Go pester DomLuka. He tells better stories than I do, and he's been a lot more truant than I have. Posted Image

I have a feeling that when another chapter drips off my pen, you'll be one of the first to know about it.

• Like 1

It'd actually be cool if you posted the last chapter in 2013. Make it a full ten years. (Holy hell, I can't believe 2003 was nine years ago. I was in 10th grade then.)

Edited by methodwriter85

Bite me.

I can roll with that.

No, but seriously, it would be cool if the final chapter was posted on the 10th anniversary of the first chapter getting posted. Kinda nice and full circle.

Edited by methodwriter85

You need to calm down. You also need to get busy and get your story finished. Enough with the delays already, I don't care what the weather is in Kansas.

You invited readers and you left them high and dry. Can you blame these two? Finish what you started.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Okay, you people who "liked" that lame reply from that dumb football jock are all on my crap list. That was not a post to "like." I don't care if you did get the geographical allusion.

As an aside, I know him, so I'm allowed to call him that. He even posted that dang post from my computer. But he's still a dumb football jock, and it was a crappy thing to post. I'll get a new chapter out soon; get off my dang back.

This looks serious without smileys. It's not. I just get tired of using smileys sometimes.

As an aside, I know him, so I'm allowed to call him that. He even posted that dang post from my computer. But he's still a dumb football jock, and it was a crappy thing to post. I'll get a new chapter out soon; get off my dang back.

Yeah, because one post by Nightsky four months after you posted that CC would be done by the end of the year is really getting on your back. Posted Image

Yeah, because one post by Nightsky four months after you posted that CC would be done by the end of the year is really getting on your back. Posted Image

It's not conceivable to you that I hear from her--on the same annoying topic--in other media? Stretch that graduate-school mind. I realize you're not working in any real discipline like math, but I'll bet you're capable of it. Posted Image

It's not conceivable to you that I hear from her--on the same annoying topic--in other media? Stretch that graduate-school mind. I realize you're not working in any real discipline like math, but I'll bet you're capable of it. Posted Image

Boys, don't make me stop this car and come back there. (Said in annoyed father tone)

• Like 1

Hmph. Posted Image (b/c the appropriate emoticon is not available here)

All considered, I have been practically a saint.

(I can't believe it has come to the point where methodwriter85 has to stick up for me. Posted Image )

• Like 1